Aqara Cube T1 Pro - Anyone got any advice for getting it working?

Had a look through this forum and did a general search and founs some stuff but though I would ask for advice about the least painfull way of geting it working as ive not had mutch luck. I tried ZHA - Aqara Magic Cube (69 actions) blueprint but when I set up an automation I managed to add the Device fine in the first box but the next one ‘Active Face’ said ‘No matching entities found’, Did try adding a action ‘Flip cube t oside 1’ to turn on light but when I tried to save got 'Messagwe malformed: missing input active_face. The YAML I had was

use_blueprint:
  path: rvaidya/aqara_magic_cube.yaml
  input:
    remote: 2a2ceff4802cb43c8c388975b9bbf5a3
    cube_flip_1:
      - service: light.turn_on
        data: {}
        target:
          device_id: 234c61e618f83a29f3f62429f08d0e1a
alias: MBed Cube

Any ideas.

Old style cube or pro style, the new version?

I know a bit about these things…
If you want to delete that blueprint and any automations you made from it, then load mine, I could be of a lot more help.

I have built in diagnostics and have several pages of instructions, help, and optional scripts to do things… Dim lights, long-press/short-press, color change, and volume control.

https://github.com/SirGoodenough/HA_Blueprints/blob/master/Automations/ZHA-Xiaomi_Cube_Controller.md.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. It’s a T1 pro I’ve got, are you saying there’s an old and new version but T1 Pro?
Anyway, did find your stuff before but gave the blue print ago as it looked easier. When it gets some time we’ll try your way but I need to set a couple of hours aside and my life’s a bit crazy at the moment because I just started doing a PGCE teacher training course in the UK.

Probably not the best time to be trying new complicated devices with home assistant :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Ben

The T1 pro is the new version. It is functional but a bit handicapped using ZHA because there is not a proper interview file for it. The zigpy libraries use the interview file for the old version and as a result the drop command does not work, the throw command is not there, and you have to take the battery cover off to switch fro the default scene mode to the action mode.
That said, the stuff that can work does work in mine and you can only use the action mode.
Start by reading the instructions file.

The zigpy library request is here if you want to Thumb it up to help get attention… Noone wants to fix it. 11 months and counting.

2 Likes

you need to create a number helper first that you can select as entity.

Commented on the github link, but looking into getting one of these…I use ZHA in Home Assistant, so wanted to confirm I could at least flip it to different sides to do different things, then rotate it to adjust values.

Essentially I’d want 1 side to be “lights” for a room and tap to turn on, tap to turn off, rotate to brighten/dim.

Then flip it to another side and be “blinds” and tap to open, tap to close, or rotate to open more/open less.

In ZHA action mode, flip, rotate, and tap work fine with the “pro” cube.

Perfect thanks. I put an order in for the T1 pro cube so hopefully should have it by tomorrow.

For your Blueprint however, do you have a link I can use for Home Assistant (that works for ZHA)? I’ve clicked around on your github and tried to add one, but it said it was for zigbee2mqtt. I’m also new to Blueprints so this is a first time for me.

Link is above.

If I try to copy and paste that link into HA blueprints I get an error:

while scanning an alias in "<unicode string>", line 5, column 1: * **2023-10-20**: Enhancement [A ... ^ expected alphabetic or numeric character, but found ' ' in "<unicode string>", line 5, column 2: * **2023-10-20**: Enhancement [Ad ... ^

Wait I think I figured it out – if I got that link, there is both a .MD and a .yaml listed on the left-hand side. Used the yaml and it worked.

In the helper file (the .md) there are instructions for installation and a quick MY-jump link to install as well.
I don’t put the installation section first because I want you to look at the instructions first, so the install links are lower down in the .md file.

If you don’t look at the instructions, I usually get a message later about why is this thing not working…

Thanks everybody for all the time you spent replying. I really apreciate it. Going to be a few week before I get time to have another go.

1 Like