Aqara fp1 stuck on detected occupancy?

Yeah that doesn’t sound right. Is there a factory reset option?

No clue. The instructions that came with it are all in Chinese. I’ve tried un-pairing it and re-pairing it in ZHA multiple times and nothing has changed.

Just got mine today and had the same problem. Turns out I was using a cheap third party power adapter. Switching back to the original adapter or an Anker charger solved the problem.

1 Like

I wish the solution was that simply for me. I’m using the included adapter already, after reading your post I even tried a Belkin charger and it didn’t make any difference. It’s still stuck on “detected” all the time.

I think I may be on to something, I believe I have a manufacturing defect with my FP1. I ended up breaking down and getting an Aqara M2 hub to pair my FP1 with, it acted better but it was still getting stuck on detected all the time proving it was not an issue with ZHA or Home Assistant. On a hunch I took it apart and pulled the circuit board out of the shell. Lo and behold, it worked perfectly with just the circuit board exposed and aimed at my room. It was detecting motion and occupancy within a few seconds of entering the room and within about 45 seconds to 2 minutes of leaving the room it reset back to nothing detected. I theorize that perhaps the plastic shell might be milled out too thick and is somehow reflecting the microwave beam back to the sensor and inducing false readings. Unpaired it from the Aqara hub and re-paired it with ZHA and all seems well. As it seems the hardware is working fine I might try to just fabricate and 3d print a new enclosure.

3 Likes

Just came across your post, how is it holding up until now? With bare pcb

Still working fine, occasionally it takes slightly longer to reset back nothing detected, but on average it takes about a minute to reset on its own. I haven’t 3d printed a new enclosure for it yet so I don’t know if having something in front of the sensor will cause the issues to come back. Funny thing is that I bought a second one of these FP1s and it worked out of the box with absolutely no problems, so I’m quite convinced there is a manufacturing defect with the original one.

I also had the impression that it never cleared it’s state at initial testing when I had it just lying on the table.
Once I set it up where I wanted it, it worked flawlessly. I’m impressed.

I now have it plugged into the USB socket on my zigbee-controlled power strip, and have it working together with an Aqara P1 motion sensor. When the FP1 detects that I have left the room, HA turns off the USB socket on the power strip. When the P1 motion sensor then detects motion, the USB socket is powered on again, so the FP1 can monitor my presence.

So your post just inspired me to test with mine
Although im going to be using it in a bathroom, idk how good it will be long term but w/e
I decided to do something a bit different

I open the senor and flip the PCB on the opposite side, with the hole side facing the direction i wanted to detect motion.

So far so good, ill try to put some kind of small transparent hard plastic in front later

1 Like

Brilliant little work around! I did the same with mine and it seems to be working, saves me the time from trying to design and 3d print my own case.

Mine FP1 was working very well for months. The detect was cleared just 4-5 sec after the room was left empty. Lately I noticed the it was remaining stuck on “detect”. I tried to reset it, re-pairing several times, change the coordinator zigbee, all without any improvements.
I finally put it out of service for 1 day and after re-powering, as magic, now is working perfectly: I return to get cleared to “undetected” just 4-5 sec after the room is free.
Hope this will help someone!

1 Like

Hi, has anyone already made the 3D model to better expose the sensor? Can you share the file? Thanks.

I had been using this via zigbee2mqtt, which worked for a while until the device stopped communicating, then after repairing it, the device would not complete the interview and only would display as an unsupported device.

I next tried the edge zigbee2mqtt and got another week or so out of that before the same behavior.

After a couple weeks continuing to try different ways to get the device to complete the pairing interview I decided to try using the official zigbee add-on instead of the zigbee2mqtt add on and the device immediately began working again and has now been working for 2+ weeks without any major issues and only a few instances of the device sticking in occupancy detected (which cleared by activating the clear status entity).

Wish I understood why the regular zigbee addon works now when it didn’t work when I first got the fp1, but hopefully this helps someone.

1 Like

@mike1627 @GGexe
I have the exact same issue with 2x of my 8x sensors. They was running months now, and now they got stuck in presence state.

One of them working now with lowest sensitivity and dozens of repair with button.

But the other one just stuck, someone enters the room.

What workaround do you using now?
(since it has been a while since you wrote about your issues)

PS: Is there a 3D model for an new case already?

Thx

Thix worked for one sensor, but just in the lowest sensitivity setting. Before the issue setting was high.
For the other sensor which faced the same issue, it sadly does’nt solve the issue.

I have 8x of them and a bad feeling, because of this issue.

PS.: i have opened a ticket on the aqara website, but i dont think there comes back something usefull.

Maybe the last resort is 3D printing a new case. Is there anyone here with skills todo that?

Tried without case and with flipping the board without success. The sensor is stuck in presence mode.
The only way i can get it back to “normal” is to send “reset” with home assistant.
I have now automated this every minute and for now it’s working.

Which firmware is on your devices?

Updated all my devices to 0x36 = 54 Dec a few months ago.

My firmware is original with a build date of 20210121. My three FP1 have been flawless for months.

The 8x where flawless also for me, now after restarting them because of new power cabling, two of them have the issue.

I will sold them because also the 5m distance and angle are not as advertised.