Aqara fp1 stuck on detected occupancy?

do you find that the sensors are slow to respond i.e 1-2 seconds? where as normal zigbee motions sensors are quite fast?

i am just using motion_presence from the device in HA

I am also finding that the occupancy won’t clear after detecting it. I did have it plugged in to a different power source so I’m leaving it off for a day and seeing if it starts behaving again when I put it back in to the original power source 🥲

Having the same issue recently. Following this for chance of resolution.

these will always behave in this manner, it is not the same mechanism as a normal motion sensor.

I use a regular motion sensor for lights on and an fp1 for occupancy and as a fallback for motion in case the regular one fails. Less than ideal and I wish this device had both millimeter wave (which is how it detects occupancy) and passive IR motion detection (which is how a traditional motion sensor works), but until that exists two devices is the only way to ensure rapid detection

there was a youtuber who was selling a device that had both mm wave and IR motion detection last year, but the last time I checked they were very unavailable

Same here, turn the pcb, but still stuck :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

The only way i can get it back to “normal” is to send “reset” with home assistant.

Which “reset” are you sending to the FP1.

Dont have one anymore.
But it was “Reset Presence State”, or something like this.

My new FP1 arrived today and I have the same problem! My older one in the bathroom works pretty fine. The occupancy doesn’t clear and doesn’t matter what I do or what Settings I changed. Also doesn’t matter witch position I choose, nothing works. To change the PCB in other direction, how stupid is this please? I bought a device what have to f… work. I’m really tired and I believe it’s because again some stupid Zigbee issue!

This one:

2 Likes

His name is Lewis from Everything Smart Home, he created the EP1 what is really awesome. I own one and it’s the most stable and useful sensor in my house. Can’t compare with the Zigbee sh… In my opinion the best presence sensor for Home Assistant!

2 Likes

I haven’t read this entire post so forgive me if this has been covered already. I had no success using the Fp1 with zigbee2mqtt. The presence event was exposed and would work occasionally. I reverted back to a Conbee II and the HA Deconz add-on. Although there is no presence event exposed the binary sensor that is exposed has been 100% accurate. Hope someone finds this useful.

I hope that they end up making more, I was bummed that I missed out on that drop.

I have 4 of these now paired in ZHA and have not really had any issues.
I have one in my office that I use the “enter left” to trigger my desk lights. The sensor is about 5 ft away from my desk and the light is on by time I get to my chair. Much faster than the Occupancy trigger.

I have 9 of these sensors now and in the main they are reliable if not too many other devices are added to the conbee stick. But I have one that’s a pain, stuck on occupancy. I have tried different power supplies and this seems to make a difference; the one that’s not working is furthest from the zibgee controller so maybe it’s a combination of low signal and higher power required?

Update 24 hours later: although this approach looked like it worked initially, actually it did not and is back stuck on occupancy now.

I have 2 of these sensors and strange enough one of them is only working well as soon I face him to the wall and that’s less them 50 cm. If I put my hand in front of it I see that “Occupansy” is triggered and goes to status “Clear” after a short period so that’s fine. As soon I face it to the living room and walk away from it the status “Occupansy” is triggered but as soon I leave the living room the status will never go back to “Clear”. I tried in the meantime all corners of the living room but in every corner it only will work as soon he is facing the wall and as soon he’s looking in the distance it will fail to go back to status “Clear”. I also tried to change the settings (approach distance - monitoring mode - motion sensitivity) but without luck. For me it’s clear, some Aqara FP1 sensors do have problems although this one was working for some weeks. Now I will try to power it off for some days and see if this make any difference.

So I’m back after some days and ordered again a FP1, worked fine for 2-3 days and also this one has the same problem, stuck on occupancy detected and never ever goes back to “clear”.
I couldn’t believe that this one was also broken so went on with some investigation.
I strongly get the feeling that this sensor is very sensitive for WiFi signals and places where lots of electricity cables are. I tried other places, far away from my WiFi repeater and not close to 220V cables and they were working again. I suggest to everybody who has this problem, try another place far away from WiFi devices and if possible away from too many electricity cables.

1 Like

So I tried the whole turn the board around trick, and it didn’t work. But when I assembled the unit back to put it back together again, it magically works; now one of the things that I noticed, though, is that the cord going into the unit was coiled up, so I think that the detector was partially picking up that coiled wire. Regardless it works now

Due to your post I just opened the housing and also found that the cable was not optimally laid. I have corrected this and reassembled. Unfortunately, occupancy is still not clear, still stuck on occupied.

100€ is insane… :frowning:

I have the same sensor since one month. Same problem. I have discovered that HA “detected” stays if i unplug it from the power. This leads me that the Conbee II HA integration expects an additional signal from the device in order to change from “detected” status to idle. Resetting, forces the device to return to idle and sense any motion again. The device somehow does not send “clear” signal to HA. I believe that is the same reason they have changed from zigbee to wifi in the new version FP2 which is still very expensive an unavailable.