Aqara M2 gateway support

I don’t see how switching to HA OS vs docker would make a difference. Mine is in docker and has always worked. I think the real solution for you was connecting the M2 via ethernet. But regardless, I’m glad you got it working!

I still have my old docker install around. After plugging the M2 hub into ethernet I tested connecting to either my HA OS install and my docker install multiple times. Resetting the hub between each attempt. My docker install was never able to find it, but the OS always found it right away.

I’m guessing it’s due to some obscure combination of install settings and network settings or something, but I don’t know enough about it to narrow down exactly what was wrong in my docker install.

One other variable that was different: the raspberry pi with the docker install was connected to the network via Wifi. The OS install was directly connected to the same network via ethernet.

Got a M2 hub and wanted to flash the firmware. But the pcb looks completely different, even the pins are exposed as in the example.

Is this because of the EU version? Can I flash it anyway?

According to GitHub - niceboygithub/AqaraM1SM2fw: Aqara Gateway M1S (ZHWG15LM) , P3(KTBL12LM), H1(QBCZWG11LM), M2 (ZHWG12LM) Firmwares

Aqara Gateway M1S (ZHWG15LM) M2 (ZHWG12LM) P3 (KTBL12LM) H1 (QBCZWG11LM) Firmwares

Notice: These modified firmwares do NOT support EU version.

this is so far latest info.

Just to clarify, you were able to add it to home assistant without first adding it to another homekit network first? Just go to home assistant integrations and add it as a homekit controller?

Yes, you need below integration

Then add your Aqara M2

Edit: As mentioned, i have my Aqara-Hub, with it’s devices in the Aqara-APP, and after installing above integration, i clicked the “reset” button( on the Hub ) for about 10 seconds, and it popped up, under Integrations

PS: Be aware that there is another “Homekit Integration”, if this one turns up, just click Ignore, as it is “HomeKit Controller” you have to use

3 Likes

Hello!

I dont understand how i make this integration. Can you give me some little help please?

What are you having issues with exactly?
I just attempted this integration yesterday and it worked fine according to the instructions that @boheme61 said above.

I did have to make sure that the integration was installed/updated on my HA instance before going back to the M2 hub and holding down the button in order for it to re-associate itself.

After that, everything else went perfectly. Hope this helps.

Hi,
Does this adding the M2 hub into Home Assistant making all the Zigbee components that original linked with M2, able to integrated into Home Assistant?

Thanks.

Hi All
I came to this thread to try and get my aqara hub connect to HA and I think that I am even more confused now!
I originally bought 2 aqara E1 curtain drivers hoping to add them to my zigbee network and control them without using the aqara hub. It seems thought that correctly configuring the curtain open and close positions isn’t possible without the aqara hub and app, so I bought the hub.
I now have the curtains correctly setup using the aqara hub and I want to add the curtains into HA. I come here and see that I am supposed to reset the hub! Surely this will remove the curtains and all the configuration that I have done. Also I would expect this to stop the app working and remove my ability to setup the curtains.
I don’t really know much about homekit TBH so I might be missing something here or not really getting how it is supposed to work…

2 Questions regarding the solution provided by @boheme61 :

• After adding Aqara M2 to HomeAssistant as integration, can I pair all my sensors to the Aqara Hub M2 so that I can see the sensors in HomeAssistant?
  • After adding the M2 Hub to HomeAssistant : am I able to still use Aqara Home app on Android with Hub M2 ?

Thanks,

1 Like

my experience

• yes

• I was unable to set it up so that AND - only OR - or HA or Aqara Home

update 2022-08-16

I do now know how but today reconnect Aqara hub M2 to Aqara app (both Android 12 and iPhone 15.6) and all work well - HA and Aqara app - all 3 - laptop Android and iphone with aqara devices

1 Like

I forgot where the speaker was connected. Can someone please tell me I’m trying to add a Bluetooth transmitter

I was able to get aqara-hub-m2 to discover the M2 seem to not allow the aqara home app to connect or discover it is this normal?

I have this Hub via HomeKit controller so I can now see my Aqara E1 Blind show up with just up and down arrows, I can’t stop the blind when its opening or closing from HA so its either fully down or fully open, any way to do this?

Screenshot 2022-10-10 at 18.33.05

Hello all,

not sure if this thread is still somehow open/alive.
I’m running the latest version of HomeAssistant and tried to register my M2 via HomeKit-Cotroller. When asking me for the device code I’m always getting the response back that the code is invalid. I tried both formats (XXX-XX-XXX and XXXXXXXX) without success. Based on the Chrome DEV tools the authorization failed, but this message is also thrown when I’m inserting something non-sense.

Do you have any ideas? I checked everything. A reset, reconnect, restart of all components,…

I can still see/use/control my devices in Aqara M2 in both my Aqara App an HA, i’ve just (re-) installed HA on a new Device ( starting on a fresh HA installation ), and all devices popped up when adding it to HA again( i only use Aqara for motion/temp- sensors ( Zigbee) , thou i’ved played around with a couple of “remote-controls” in the app these are Bluetooth/IR, and nothing i want in my HA

Did you solve this ?, which HA-version/installation ?, i use default-VmWare image HAOS, where discovery is included/added in ( default_config:) in conf.yaml

Hello all,

for those who might have faced the same problem.
The issue was caused by an incompatibility between M2 and HA in the encryption of the PairingCode.
An update to the latest HA release finally solved this problem.

Greetings

Hello, same to me. Homekit Controller doesn`t find the M2 :frowning: