Aqara M2 gateway support

2 Questions regarding the solution provided by @boheme61 :

• After adding Aqara M2 to HomeAssistant as integration, can I pair all my sensors to the Aqara Hub M2 so that I can see the sensors in HomeAssistant?
  • After adding the M2 Hub to HomeAssistant : am I able to still use Aqara Home app on Android with Hub M2 ?

Thanks,

1 Like

my experience

• yes

• I was unable to set it up so that AND - only OR - or HA or Aqara Home

update 2022-08-16

I do now know how but today reconnect Aqara hub M2 to Aqara app (both Android 12 and iPhone 15.6) and all work well - HA and Aqara app - all 3 - laptop Android and iphone with aqara devices

1 Like

I forgot where the speaker was connected. Can someone please tell me Iā€™m trying to add a Bluetooth transmitter

I was able to get aqara-hub-m2 to discover the M2 seem to not allow the aqara home app to connect or discover it is this normal?

I have this Hub via HomeKit controller so I can now see my Aqara E1 Blind show up with just up and down arrows, I canā€™t stop the blind when its opening or closing from HA so its either fully down or fully open, any way to do this?

Screenshot 2022-10-10 at 18.33.05

Hello all,

not sure if this thread is still somehow open/alive.
Iā€™m running the latest version of HomeAssistant and tried to register my M2 via HomeKit-Cotroller. When asking me for the device code Iā€™m always getting the response back that the code is invalid. I tried both formats (XXX-XX-XXX and XXXXXXXX) without success. Based on the Chrome DEV tools the authorization failed, but this message is also thrown when Iā€™m inserting something non-sense.

Do you have any ideas? I checked everything. A reset, reconnect, restart of all components,ā€¦

I can still see/use/control my devices in Aqara M2 in both my Aqara App an HA, iā€™ve just (re-) installed HA on a new Device ( starting on a fresh HA installation ), and all devices popped up when adding it to HA again( i only use Aqara for motion/temp- sensors ( Zigbee) , thou iā€™ved played around with a couple of ā€œremote-controlsā€ in the app these are Bluetooth/IR, and nothing i want in my HA

Did you solve this ?, which HA-version/installation ?, i use default-VmWare image HAOS, where discovery is included/added in ( default_config:) in conf.yaml

Hello all,

for those who might have faced the same problem.
The issue was caused by an incompatibility between M2 and HA in the encryption of the PairingCode.
An update to the latest HA release finally solved this problem.

Greetings

Hello, same to me. Homekit Controller doesn`t find the M2 :frowning:

and @kerori ā€¦ try xxx-xx-xxx , thats what makes the difference

i just installed mine again few weeks ago, so unless this ā€œincompatibilityā€ just occurred out of the blue, i wonder ā€¦ EDIT: and of-cause make sure itā€™s not still paired somewhere else, meaning try to reset it first

i donā€™t know, but Aqara dosnā€™t officially support HA, and they dont seems to intend so either, iā€™ve had contact with them in regards to IR-supporti, and it seems like they dont really care which functions that donā€™t work outside there APP ā€¦- guess we just have to be happy with the funktionalaty that Homekit-Controller provides.
I donā€™t know how it works with the officially Homekit-integration

I seem to be stuck with this. My Aqara M2 seems to be in HA as a device (it is showing through the Unify Network Integration) but I canā€™t see the E1 blinds. They are on the M2 hub and work with the Aqara app and also HomeKit app - but the hub doesnā€™t show in the HomeKit integration on HA and when I try and add the HomeKit controller integration on HA it asks which device I want to add, then shows a list of cameras but nothing else. I am really looking to be able to control my E1 blind controllers through HA but havenā€™t been able to do this for months. Any ideas would be appreciated. Iā€™ve tried removing it from HomeKit and re adding it but still doesnā€™t show up in the HomeKit integration on HA.

You have to remove the M2 from Apple HomeKit and then add it to HA via HomeKit-Controler. Enter the HomeKit-Code of the M2 and youā€™r done. All your Aqara devices are available for HA now.

If you donā€™t remove the M2 from HomeKit, the HomeKit-Controler Integration will not find the M2.

1 Like

Many thanks for the answer. The M2 is currently not registered anywhere. Neither in the Aqara app nor in HA HomeKit. The LED on the M2 will flash and would be ready to connect. I open the HomeKit Controller in HA and it immediately tells me that there are no unpaired devices. What am I doing wrong?

Hi - it is showing in HA and HomeKit now but I canā€™t see the E1 blinds that are attached to the M2. I cannot seem to add HomeKit Controller as an integration as when I click on ā€˜add integrationā€™ for HomeKit Controller it says: ā€œDevice Selection:Hom eKit Controller communicates over the local area network using a secure encrypted connection without a separate HomeKit controller or iCloud. Select the device you want to pair with:ā€ It then shows a drop down menu mainly of ip cameras, a Nanoleaf that I removed from HomeKit and my Philips Hue. Even when I remove the M2 from HomeKit the same list comes up in HomeKit Controller but no sign of the M2. And the HomeKit Controller never shows in my integration page with all of the other integrations - just HomeKit. I have ordered the E1 hub and Iā€™m wondering of that would make any difference. I really want to use the E1 blinds with HA but no luck so far. As I say the M2 is showing as a device in HA through the Unifi Network integration as I have it connect by ethernet.

Iā€™t not even sure that you would see the E1 blinds in Homekit-Controller, as mention, Aqara doesnā€™t really care whether things work outside their Controller Thou to me itā€™s sounds abit ā€œmessyā€ in your setup, i would ā€œstart overā€, uninstall Homekit-integration(disable if you dont use it), pick out M" from unify-integration( uninstall/disable it if you really dont have any use for it. Restart HA, make sure you M2 is unpaired, plugg it in the power, when homekit-integration pops up, click ā€œignore this Appā€, same if unify- turns up ā€œignoreā€, donā€™t ADD M2 anywhere but in homekit-controller, you canā€™t have 1-same device in 2 different integrations ( beside as a device-tracker, from your router )

Thanks - Iā€™ll give it a try

Quick question - how do I uninstall HomeKit integration as I donā€™t see any option to do that - ie nowhere on the integration page on that particular integration that you can click delete or remove?