Aqara Plug (SP-EUC01 / lumi.plug.maeu01) not updating

As a new HA user (migrating from Homey), I’ve been struggling with this one for a while. I’m able to add the Aqara Plug (lumi.plug.maeu01) to ZHA, but all entities have a value of Unknown and are never updated. The on_off entity never updates if the plug is switched on or off from the plug itself. The plug can be turned on or off from HA (so it’s communicating), but no state updates are received / processed by HA.

I have two of these plugs, both of which worked flawlessly with Homey (even reporting energy usage), but they refuse to update state in HA.

I’ve been able to successfully add other Zigbee devices to the network (including Aqara Temperature and PIR) and they all report values as expected. I see a lot of people experience issues with this plug with regards to the reporting of energy usage, but I can’t even get the on off state to update!

• Aqara Plug model: Round white version. SP-EUC01 / lumi.plug.maeu01
  • Firmware: 0x00000016
  • Connected via Texas Instruments CC1352/CC2652, Z-Stack 3.30+ (build 20210708) aka SONOFF ZigBee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus

Device signature

{
  "node_descriptor": "NodeDescriptor(logical_type=<LogicalType.Router: 1>, complex_descriptor_available=0, user_descriptor_available=0, reserved=0, aps_flags=0, frequency_band=<FrequencyBand.Freq2400MHz: 8>, mac_capability_flags=<MACCapabilityFlags.AllocateAddress|RxOnWhenIdle|MainsPowered|FullFunctionDevice: 142>, manufacturer_code=4447, maximum_buffer_size=127, maximum_incoming_transfer_size=100, server_mask=11264, maximum_outgoing_transfer_size=100, descriptor_capability_field=<DescriptorCapability.NONE: 0>, *allocate_address=True, *is_alternate_pan_coordinator=False, *is_coordinator=False, *is_end_device=False, *is_full_function_device=True, *is_mains_powered=True, *is_receiver_on_when_idle=True, *is_router=True, *is_security_capable=False)",
  "endpoints": {
    "1": {
      "profile_id": 260,
      "device_type": "0x0051",
      "in_clusters": [
        "0x0000",
        "0x0002",
        "0x0003",
        "0x0004",
        "0x0005",
        "0x0006",
        "0x0009",
        "0x0702",
        "0x0b04"
      ],
      "out_clusters": [
        "0x000a",
        "0x0019"
      ]
    },
    "21": {
      "device_type": "0x0009",
        "0x000c"
      ],
        "0x0004",
        "0x000c"
      ]
    },
    "242": {
      "profile_id": 41440,
      "device_type": "0x0061",
      "in_clusters": [],
        "0x0021"
      ]
    }
  },
  "manufacturer": "LUMI",
  "model": "lumi.plug.maeu01",
  "class": "zhaquirks.xiaomi.aqara.plug_mmeu01.Plug"
}

I have the same plug and similar issues. The on_off entity works fine but all values are either unknown or unavailable.

I noticed that the model is “lumi.plug.maeu01”, while the quirk applied is “zhaquirks.xiaomi.aqara.plug_mmeu01.Plug”. Are they compatible or could this be the issue?

Edit:
Just checked plug_mmeu01.py which mentions maeu, so I guess they are.

Does the state update if you turn the plug on or off using the physical button? In my case, no state updates are seen. The only time the value changes is if I turn the plug on or off via HA.

I’m also wondering about the models: mmeu01 vs maeu01. They added the latter version (our version) to the mmeu01 quirk, but I wonder if it is in fact the same plug with the same cluster config.

Yes, it does.

By going into Manage Clusters → AnalogInput → present_value I can see the power usage. And after this Home Assistants correctly reports the power.

aqara

Unfortunately that is the only thing that works, kWh is constantly at 0.

I have similar problems, but a bit weirder, I bought three of these plugs this year, installed two straight away, but left the third one to wait for further ideas. Now that I tried to install the third one, I received just these exact problems. But only with the third one, the other two work just fine. The weird thing is, this third plug reports more sensors than the other two, but all unknown.

The working sensors are (without my translation) sensor.lumi_lumi_plug_maeu01_85922c00_smartenergy_metering_summation_delivered and sensor.lumi_lumi_plug_maeu01_85922c00_electrical_measurement

That is strange indeed! As I am new to HA and this forum, do you have any idea how to get the people with the knowledge to help us, to pay attention to this thread?

https://github.com/zigpy/zha-device-handlers/issues/1337
Hello, the right place for this category of issues is at the above link.

Im having the same issue with my AU plugs

manufacturer": “LUMI”,
“model”: “lumi.plug”,
“class”: “zhaquirks.xiaomi.aqara.plug.Plug”

I have a similar issue with my Aqara smart plug (SP-EUC01) I bought from Amazon. The on/off state doesn’t get updated, even from HA itself: if I toggle the state of switch.lumi_lumi_plug_maeu01_on_off, I can hear the smart plug click, and HA reports the state change in its UI, but after maybe 5 seconds, it reverts back to its previous value.

Strangely, I have no issues with the instantaneous power (sensor.lumi_lumi_plug_maeu01_electrical_measurement) and energy consumption (sensor.lumi_lumi_plug_maeu01_smartenergy_metering_summation_delivered) metrics, which seem to be the main problems people have with this plug.

I use ZHA and a Raspbee II plugged into the GPIO pins of my Raspberry Pi 4B.
I noticed that if I go to Clusters > OnOff and get attribute on_off (id: 0x0000), I get no value (not even ‘None’).

Quirk: zhaquirks.xiaomi.aqara.plug_mmeu01.PlugMAEU01
Firmware: 0x00000029
Device Signature:

{
  "node_descriptor": "NodeDescriptor(logical_type=<LogicalType.Router: 1>, complex_descriptor_available=0, user_descriptor_available=0, reserved=0, aps_flags=0, frequency_band=<FrequencyBand.Freq2400MHz: 8>, mac_capability_flags=<MACCapabilityFlags.AllocateAddress|RxOnWhenIdle|MainsPowered|FullFunctionDevice: 142>, manufacturer_code=4447, maximum_buffer_size=127, maximum_incoming_transfer_size=100, server_mask=11264, maximum_outgoing_transfer_size=100, descriptor_capability_field=<DescriptorCapability.NONE: 0>, *allocate_address=True, *is_alternate_pan_coordinator=False, *is_coordinator=False, *is_end_device=False, *is_full_function_device=True, *is_mains_powered=True, *is_receiver_on_when_idle=True, *is_router=True, *is_security_capable=False)",
  "endpoints": {
    "1": {
      "device_type": "0x0051",
        "0x0000",
        "0x0002",
        "0x0003",
        "0x0004",
        "0x0005",
        "0x0006",
        "0x0009",
        "0x0702",
        "0x0b04",
        "0xfcc0"
      ],
        "0x000a",
        "0x0019"
      ]
    },
    "242": {
      "profile_id": 41440,
      "device_type": "0x0061",
      "in_clusters": [],
        "0x0021"
      ]
    }
  },
  "manufacturer": "LUMI",
  "model": "lumi.plug.maeu01",
  "class": "zhaquirks.xiaomi.aqara.plug_mmeu01.PlugMAEU01"
}

Anyone with this issue ? Anything I can try to make it work as intended ?

1 Like

Same here… have 2 other Aqara Smart plugs that work without problem. This 3rd I bought now didnt work as in it wont show any values!

1 Like

Mine and other people’s aqara plugs started measuring (again) after a firmware update of the ZigBee stick. See

1 Like

I can confirm that updating to the latest firmware version for the SONOFF ZigBee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus, deleting the ZHA integration and rebuilding the zigbee radio network worked for me.

I just got my SONOFF ZigBee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus today and hit this same problem with the power and energy data not being shown in HA. I have no idea what version of firmware that the coordinator came with (quite disappointed this information isn’t shown in ZHA) but I flashed the firmware to this version CC1352P2_CC2652P_launchpad_coordinator_20221226 following the directions here.

Things still did not work until I deleted the integration and the 3 outlets from the radio network. Annoyingly, the firmware version for the outlets used to be displayed in the device details has now disappeared. Anyways here is a screenshot so you can see how it looks now :smiley:

I had the same issue. Using Sonoff Dongle 3 Plus, HA running on old Dell Optiplex.
Aqara Plug maeu01 sensors didnt work in home assistant. I tried repairing, quirks etc - didnt help. Now i flashed the new software via SmartRF to the sonoff dongle (its really easy) deleted and reconnected the plug. Now all sensors except “power factor” work. Just wanted to add this comment if someone looks for a solution.
Also: After the sonoff dongle update, other zigbee device sensors now show up, like batterystatus on doorsensors.

1 Like

I too had the same issue: only the on/off switch was left working, the measurements were not updating anymore. I had to upgrade the firmware of my Raspbee II (I first had to compile gcfflasher on my Raspbian OS - I have HA core installed). I had to do it twice because it failed before reaching 100%. Then remove the plug from ZHA and scan again. Now everything is back to normal and I have 2 additionnal metrics: voltage and power outage memory.

Here are the commands I used, for anyone using HA core on Rasbian OS with a Raspbee II module and the ZHA integration:

mkdir raspbee2
cd raspbee2
wget https://deconz.dresden-elektronik.de/deconz-firmware/deCONZ_RaspBeeII_0x26780700.bin.GCF
wget https://deconz.dresden-elektronik.de/deconz-firmware/deCONZ_RaspBeeII_0x26780700.bin.GCF.md5
md5sum -c deCONZ_RaspBeeII_0x26780700.bin.GCF.md5
wget https://project-downloads.drogon.net/wiringpi-latest.deb
sudo dpkg -i wiringpi-latest.deb
sudo apt install pkg-config build-essential libgpiod-dev
git clone https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/gcfflasher
cd gcfflasher/
./build_posix.sh
sudo ./GCFFlasher -t 60 -f ../deCONZ_RaspBeeII_0x26780700.bin.GCF -d /dev/ttyAMA0
1 Like

I had the same issue too. I’m using a Sonoff zigbee dongle CC2562 (bought 4 months before the Aqara plug) and flashing the dongle to newest firmware worked for me. Remember to restart HA after plugging the dongle back. You need to also delete the plug from HA and search for it again.