[solved] ZHA: Aquara smart plug (lumi.plug.maeu01) fw.0029 don't read sensor values (but fw.0020 does)

I have an Aquara smart plug (lumi.plug.maeu01) with fw.0020 that is working great since the quirk
zhaquirks.xiaomi.aqara.plug_eu.PlugMAEU01 earlier this year.

Now I have baught a second switch, which I can control as expected, but it will not read back any sensor values. They all show 0 all the time.

I notice two diffences between the “old” and the “new” plug.
Old plug Firmware: 0x00000020
New plug Firmware: 0x00000029

Old plug Sensors: Energy, Power, Electrical_measurement power_factor
New plug Sensors: Active power, Power factor, RMS voltage,Summation delivered

Can someone with the same plug please confirm if this is a problem with the newer firmware, or if I have a faulty unit.

Old switch
Aquara swirch old fw0020

New switch
Aquara swirch new fw0029

Edit: I have also made an report here.

2 Likes

After updating the ConBeeII firmware to the today latest version, 26780700, and re-pairing the device, the sensors started to work!
Power (W) worked right away, while voltage and “Summation delivered” (kWh) took a couple of minutes to show up.
Power factor is still unavailable “as usual”.

For me the easiest way to update the firmware was to use a Windows machine, but the workflow is similar for Linux

• Download latest GCFFlasher_Win from https://deconz.dresden-elektronik.de/win/
  • Download latest firmware from Index of /deconz-firmware/ and save in GCFFlasher folder
  • Start GCFFlasherCommandline.bat
  • Connect ConBeeII and list the device with GCFFlasher.exe -l to find out the used port
  • In my case I flashed the new firmware with GCFFlasher.exe -d \\.\COM8 -f deCONZ_ConBeeII_0x26780700.bin.GCF
6 Likes

Thank you for posting this solution. It resolved my issue too. -:slight_smile:

Resolved my issue as well. Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

Updating Conbee firmware means to repair all devices?

No, for me it didn´t affect the existing devices.

One thing that maybe worth mention.
After the firmware update to 26780700 I noticed that my Aquara lumi.switch.n0agl1 had stopped reporting sensor values, but the on/off switch still worked.
I´m not totally sure that the sensors stopped working right after the firmware update, but if not I have no clue what may have cause it.
I tried to re-pair it but it was not included correctly, no on/off switch, no sensors.

I downgraded the ConBeeII firmware to 26680700 and was then able to correctly pair the lumi.switch.n0agl1 again.
The lumi.plug.maeu01 still works with the older ConBeeII firmware as the newer ConBeeII firmware is only needed during pairing if I understood correctly.

I finally upgraded the firmware, everything went perfect but after some hours a lot of devices became unavailable, only battery powered devices, repairing them helps for some hours, only seems to work changing the battery for a new one, quite strange.

@Pjoms can you give me a steps for firmware update for dummies :slight_smile: I haven’t done it before. How should I connect to aqara smart plug SP-EUC01. I connected it via zigbe2mqtt to HA so don’t understand how to reach it with GCFFlasher.

Sure, I will try. :wink:

1. Shut down Home Assistant and remove the ConBeeII stick
  2. Use a Windows machine and download the latest GCFFlasher_Win from https://deconz.dresden-elektronik.de/win/ (today GCFFlasher_Win_V3_17.zip)
  3. Unzip downloaded GCFFlasher and put in a new folder
  4. Download latest firmware from Index of /deconz-firmware/ and save in GCFFlasher folder (today deCONZ_ConBeeII_0x26780700.bin.GCF)
  5. Start the GCFFlasherCommandline.bat found in the new GCFFlasher_Win folder. (a command window will open)
  6. Connect the ConBeeII stick to a USB port on the Windows machine
  7. Type GCFFlasher.exe -l in the command window to list the device and find out the used port for the ConBeeII stick
  8. Flash the new firmware with the command GCFFlasher.exe -d \\.\COM8 -f deCONZ_ConBeeII_0x26780700.bin.GCF Change COM8 to your port listed in step 7.
  9. Then you got a message that the flashing is done, remove the ConBeeII stick (just pull it out), put it back into your Home Assistant machine, start it up and re-pair the Aquara plug.

Hope it works for you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit:

How should I connect to aqara smart plug SP-EUC01.

You will not change the firmware on the smart plug with this procedure, only the formware on the ConBeeII stick.

3 Likes

This solution did the work for me!
Thx a lot!

Thanks. Now I understand. However, I’m using CC2531 Zigbee2MQTT and must check what will for it.

Thank you so much :slight_smile: It was quite a trouble to update the firmware. But when it finally worked the plug was working fine. Same behaviour the current usage show right away and the total took also some minutes to show.