Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1 and deconz

does Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1 work in deconz , i can pair it , but only as lights ?

how do i set it up

There are work-arounds with template covers available, but proper support is coming in the next Deconz release. I’d wait until then.

1 Like

Perfect - i’ll wait :slight_smile: thanks

Just tried to link the shade driver in deconstructed and its been added as a light as above. Any ideas when the next release to fix this will be released please ?

Version 2.15 contains the fix, but it’s still in beta - Releases · dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin · GitHub

2 Likes

The stable 2.15.3 has been released!

For those using the HA add on, a PR has been raised to get it updated:

2 Likes

I have deconz ha add on, does firmware updates automatic ?

If you’re referring to the firmware on a Conbee II stick or similar, no, you’ll need to manually update that once the updated add on is available.

1 Like

I have the add on update installed and can confirm this device now works. I had some weirdness with some old template covers I was using, and the driver didn’t get added to HA cleanly (I had to mess about with entity names in the device for the temp and battery sensor), but I’m pleased to confirm it is working.

The device still shows as a light in Phoscon, and one of my devices kept being added as a light in deconz. Delete and re-pairing finally got it to play ball.

1 Like

I’ve added the blinds but the Lovelace entities card only allows the up and stop buttons to be pressed.
The down arrow is greyed out. What am i doing wrong ?

Ha thinks your blind is already at the downmost position.

1 Like

how do I calibrate it , so HA know when its 0% and 100% when i click up and down?

1 Like

When you press the hard buttons on the shade, does it automatically stop at the top and bottom?

i have not mount it yet, but the motor stop when I press up/down button on the shade. But I think it would not know when it 100 % or 0% i can stop it at 50 % ?

Yes, you need to calibrate the driver once it’s in position. From memory, I think you need to manually set it to its open-most position then press the Up button five times. then do the same in the fully closed position with the close button.

1 Like

ok , i’ll try. thanks

It worked with

1 press for stop and 5 press to remember the setting.

Thanks

2 Likes

What is the best way to add this to deconz? Through phoscon? Is it a light/switch/sensor?

I have had this for a while but never found a way to add it in to HA. I have the aqara usb hub that came with it and it is linked to that.

I have tried adding it to deconz but can’t figure out how. Held the button on the bottom for 5+ seconds and the blue light is blinking but doesn’t seem to link to deconz

EDIT: I seem to have found it as light.dimmable_light_7 and “on” moves it to the top and “off” moves it to the bottom. Is there a way to manipulate it and have it as a cover instead so I can move it halfway down etc?

EDIT 2: After a restart the light disappeared and it came up again as cover. All a bit glitchy still it seems but seems to be there at least…

I had the same issue. Setup was glitchy AF with two devices. That said, they’ve been rock solid since setting them up.

Has anybody been able to add the battery percentage for the Aqara blind in HA ?