Aqara U100 Smart Lock

Does anyone know if you can pair the M2 Hub/U100 lock with HA and does it still work with Apple Home Key when pairing with HA?

I’d like to remotely control the lock via HA and use Apple Home Key… I’ve bought the U100 lock and the M2 Hub

Yes, you need to bind the lock to the hub and then using Matter integrate the hub with HA. You can continue using the Aqara app for settings, HA will allow you to lock/unlock and see battery state, and most importantly HomeKey will also work.

1 Like

Excellent. Thank you!

When I do this all I see is the Hub and its security settings when integrating with HA

1 Like

Did you bind the lock to the hub in the Aqara app?

3rd update from topic-starter:

1. I bought long range Bluetooth adapter as per HA Bluetooth docs, adapter works w/o drivers w/ my OrangePi5 running Linux Kernel 5.1
  2. Deleted U100 from Apple Home on my iPhone
  3. Lock immediately became discoverable for HA HomeKit Controller (server is about 15 ft away from the door)
  4. Added U100 to HA HomeKit Controller via bluetooth
  5. Lock lost Apple Home Key, but fingerprint and other Aqara app specific features work
  6. For a day it was all good except 5-30s delay in status changes in HA
  7. After about a day Lock stopped missing reports on status change to HA, like unlocked, locked twice but only one even was reported
  8. About one day more and lock completely stopped reporting to HA via HomeKit Controller over Bluetooth
  9. What’s worse it doesn’t even react to forced commands and service calls to Lock/Unlock from HA HomeKit Controller
  10. I’ve tried re-adding it, rebooting my HA server, after re-adding it works for few hours and then stops reporting updates

I wonder if that’s my Bluetooth adapter issue or if the lock is this bad with HomeKit over bluetooth because I’ve noticed it took a lot of time to propagate status change on iPhone Apple Home and Aqara needs to release firmware update?

Lock that doesn’t report its status and doesn’t react to lock/unlock commands over officially supported protocol is really really bad for home automation…

1 Like

Yup I did that.

And did you bind the hub to HA using Matter?

Lemme give that a shot

So I bound the lock to the hub using the Aqara app, then connected the hub via matter PIN code to HA, now the lock shows up in HA and the Home app but I’m unable to turn on Home Key… What steps exactly did you do here? Thanks so much for the help

I set it up initially with HomeKit via Bluetooth and that’s how I got Home Key. Make sure the lock is bound to HomeKit, you can check in the lock Settings/Other Platforms.

I got this working yesterday with partial HomeKit.

My steps were.

1. setup M1 hub with matter to HA
  2. setup u100 in aqara app but not under the M1
  3. setup HomeKit on u100
  4. under m1 bind the lock to the hub

After that the locked showed up in matter on HA and home key works on at least my phone and watch. Need to test on the wife’s phone.

I have a U100 and M2 hub in order. Does anyone know if the M2 hub can be rooted and have the latest firmware with Mater support, or does rooting strand you on an older firmware?

Can anyone give a rundown on what features are working in Home Assistant via:

• Homekit (Bluetooth) integration
  • Via M2 hub (Matter or Cloud)

Including:
Ability to lock/unlock
Status (locked/unlocked/door open/etc.)
What events show up in HA (e.g. who unlocked and via what method)
Ability to set codes

Trying to work out if this lock is for me. Thinking of getting some bluetooth repeaters if most functionality is available via Homekit integration. Will consider getting Aqara’s hub if it would be more suitable… annoyed that it won’t integrate with my existing Zigbee mesh, though.

1 Like

Bummer no z2m support. Not having the ccp have a key to my front door.

No pairing without an Aqara Hub? Can’t even get it to pair to an Aqara node (light switch) in my network.

Welp, off to returns I guess…

Not sure how they can market it as Zigbee if it won’t connect to other Zigbee hardware.

5 Likes

I had to take up the challenge, bought the lock and played with it over the weekend.
I have managed to re-key the lock, posted the details on Reddit.
(TLDR: IC-core or Medeco 0.108" pins)
https://www.reddit.com/r/Aqara/comments/14jvsq1/u100_physical_lock_can_be_rekeyed/

1 Like

Awesome work!

The inflexibility to re-key to match existing cylinders and the requirements to re-key to match only very specific ones severely limits options.

I’d buy multiple Aqara locks to service every exterior door I need on premises and key them all the same - not trying to match other existing locks.