Aqara vibration sensor DJT11LM: no binary sensor detected when paired

Hi.

Recently purchased an Aqara vibration sensor DJT11LM. Device was successfully paired via Z2M. It is specified that includes a binary sensor. I have paired the device again, but binary sensor does not appear. Have I done something wrong?

Thanks.

1 Like

Binary sensor is one entity of the device it should’ve exposed.

1. Do you see a new device in HA but no binary sensor listed? Perhaps it is disabled by default?
  2. Is there no device in HA at all? Perhaps you have MQTT discovery disabled in HA? Check your MQTT config.
  3. Is there a device in HA but simply no binary sensor disabled or enabled? Sounds like a bug in Z2M in that case.

Tough to provide help given the information. Please clarify what you see in Z2M and what you see in HA. A screenshot of the device page in HA might help. Also the published MQTT discovery info should be listed on that device page. Or if there is no device then that helps to know too.

2 Likes

Hi.

MQTT discovery is enabled. I can see a device with following entities, but no binary sensor:

• Battery.
  • Action.
  • Strength.
  • Sensitivity.
  • Voltage.
  • Linkquality.

Same entities in HA and Z2M. Binary sensor isn’t exposed at all. Also MQTT discovery info don’t show binary sensor.

Thanks!

Interesting. In that case I think it’s a bug with Z2M. Especially if the binary sensor is missing from the discovery info entirely. HA really has no control over that, it just makes what Z2M tells it to.

I would report an issue here. Z2M also has a discord server so you could try there.

1 Like

I’ll do that.

Thank you very much.

did you find any solution? I’m having the same issue as you

Hi. Try updating Z2M addon.

Thanks for your reply… but there isn’t an update for Z2M currently. I’m on version: 1.18.1-1

1.18 is very old. Current is 1.28.4.

1 Like

oh. I’m using the add-on from Home assistant. I’ll dig more. Thanks for the update.

Then your addon isn’t in correct repository…

1 Like

that took care of it. I thank you so much.