Aqualin Bluetooth Water Irrigation System

The timer calls are available btw, I did not focus on that because I use a controller to start and stop the valve’s. You could debug the calls for the schedule tasks.

I am not sure but I think I wrote down on GIT how I did that :wink:

Would be interesting to see also the combined Miflora thing, do you have the Miflora outside?
Cool stuff, it would be interesting to see also how you have the automations and UI made on the HASS side of things. :slight_smile:

What about regarding water flow, would it be useful to water the grass on a small backyard with one unit? How much units do you use?

I have six miflora’s in my garden I use groups because I have two maple tree’s two pear trees and a Japanese Nut tree in trays. To keep them healthy I created a automated irrigation sys, afterwards I also want to look a fertilizer, but thats a lot trickier (looking at seaweed axtracts etc). I will upload the code somewhere the coming week, have to tidy it up a little.

By the way the biggest problem is the size of the units to get four next to each other (tested 3 ali sets all do not fit) I have not found a suitable prefab version yet, I have not ordered a Gardena version yet but that one looks like a winner because the sides are slant.

@RoyOltmans, could you share the code you use to get the valve status?
Just a breakdown of service and response Hex is sufficient i think.

Seems like the aqualin isn’t available any more. Can’t find it on ali.

I recently bought the Eve Aqua, but unfortunately it seems like it’s not possible to add it to ha (at the moment). See here

HI Koen,

Sorry for the late response was very busy!

I will look into the code and see if the state can be queried, I don’t think it will be a problem, hope I can check this weekend.

I have seen the latest message that the official store doesn’t sell the Aqualin BLE solenoid valve anymore. I still see some on ebay etc, not sure why this is.

*Correction, I can still find the Aqualin BLE valve on Aliexpress. Just google for: “site:aliexpress.com aqualin bluetooth” second hit is the device.

Regards,
Roy

I’ve got a Kamoer “Dripping Pro” App-controlled Bluetooth irrgation pump off Aliexpress for 25€. The protocol is different from Aqualin and Galcon. I posted a write-up of how I reverse-engineered the protocol and built the btdripper python lib.
Let me know if you try it out! Hopefully it will be useful for the next unknown Bluetooth pump protocol :wink:

Just stumbled upon this topic as I’m currently contemplating to automate my lawn irrigation.

@RoyOltmans did you ever manage to get the valve status? Would love to see that in HA.

Sorry guys was very busy with work, I couldn’t dive into your request. But it’s good your asking, I will have a look. I am thinking of integrating this into a esp32, but first things first I will help you guys out :wink:

@RoyOltmans much appreciated!!!

i would like it to also have

the Kamoer “Dripping Pro” App-controlled Bluetooth irrgation pump off Aliexpress

anyone made it work with home assistant yet?

did you let it work with home assistant?

Hi All,

I updated the code and added state feedback.

The valve state is a scheduled report every 5 minutes and you can request valve state on a binary (on and off) response and timer value. See GIT for details. https://github.com/RoyOltmans/aqualin-mqtt-deamon/

A couple of years ago I merged Miflora with aqualin code if anybody is interested I can publish it on GIT. I am thinking of porting the whole setup to a ESP32, I am curious if anybody else is interested, if you are I will consider building with MQTT in combination with HA.

Hope you enjoy this :slight_smile:

Thanks! Just being curious; what are the codes you use to get the battery/valve status? Currently have your old script running to turn the valve on/off, might be easier to just integrate the codes in my setup.

btw, looking forward to an ESP32 setup!

Hi Yardco,

I added two scripts to get the status.

Be aware you will get a hex decimal response for the valve response (I added the decode functionality to the Python code), I have not added a bash script to decode the last 4 chars to a decimal response.

See these repositories:
https://github.com/RoyOltmans/aqualin
https://github.com/RoyOltmans/aqualin-mqtt-deamon

I have added a timer response to the bash scripts, it will respond with how many seconds the valve is programmed to be open. Basically <= 0 is off and > 0 is on.

Sweet! Thanks!

very interested, control via esp32 would be very useful for my setup.

When I come to it I will post the repo here

So I decided to publish a old (new for here) project combining auqalin with miflora. There’s a tricky thing if you want to combine this on one device the scan’s cannot be done simultaneously. Thats why I combined the two into one project and controlling them trough zones via HA watering when needed.

The repository garden-mqtt-deamon can be found here:

Example of my HA overview, these are all automated: