Aquarite Pool

so it seems there’s no error, right? did you check the TX/RX gpio pins config?

Try issuing this command, and post the result here: NPFiltration.

Check this discussion too, curzon01 is the main dev of the NeoPool tasmota driver: NeoPool commands results error · arendst/Tasmota · Discussion #18991 · GitHub

This is the result (an error).
Scherm­afbeelding 2023-10-15 om 12.41.11
Same error when I issue NPpH (I tried that before because there is a pH-sensor connected to the Sugar Valley).

I will look into that discussion.
But also already ordered a new Atom and Tail, just to rule out that the ones I have are faulty/broken.

good idea ordering a new atom/tail, just to double check things. but I doubt it’s the device I used many of them and never found a hw issue. they’re very solid.

you might want to look at that discussion and open a separate one describing everything providing all logs, etc. the developer might help understanding where the problem is.

NPFiltration error is an indication that the NeoPool driver is running (it knows the command) but communication is not working. But I would expect modbus errors in the log with Weblog 4.

If NeoPool driver was not active, you would’ve seen ‘command unknown’.

As far as I can follow this discussion, it relates to the power supplied to the RS485 and ESP (TTL to UART converter).
But the Tail485 and Atom Lite (should) manage this automatically right?

Should I try and use a different connection for power supply to the Tail485? And what are my options within the Oxilife or with and outside adapter?

I didn’t say your problem is power. I chose Atom+Tail485 exactly for the power problem. :slight_smile:

I said follow the discussion to understand how to debug your specific issue. I advice you to open a separate discussion over there, so that the devs can help.

1 Like

Thanks, will open an thread with the developer.
In it I will put all details we have tried and discovered so far.

1 Like

Feel free to tag me…it’s @alexdelprete on GH too…same name.

Opened a new discussion on GH;

Issue solved; broken Tail485 caused all the stress. New Tail485 and the data was visible immediately.
Thanks to everyone helping (especially @alexdelprete and @Cosmin.FRC for their patience and suggestions)

2 Likes

I completed the full custom integration of NeoPool using only MQTT integration entities.

Created a separate thread here: HA NeoPool MQTT: integration of Tasmota NeoPool (for Sugar Valley, Hayward/Aquarite, Bayrol devices)

I’ll be available over there to discuss/test/improve the integration. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi i have also a aquarite did you find the way to add on HA?

Hi did you find a way to communicate with Hayward aquarite to HA ?

In any case there are indications this is solved, so this is being moved to Third Party for future reference.

I hope for some testers for my Dagen / Da-gen / Vistapool component:

It requires wifi/cloud connection. Let me know if it works and of any features missing, before I submit to HACS.

1 Like

Cloud connection as with the OE wi-fi adapter (Hayward/Sugar Valley/Dryden)?

I have several Sugar Valley/Hayward in my Vista Pool/Pool Watch cloud account. Maybe I can help you test what you need. Dryden DA-GEN is the same stuff rebranded.

Yes I believe it should work. Let me know if the values makes sense and if sensor or functionality is missing.

Is the Dagen name misleading for this component?

I think Hayward/Sugar Valley (Aquarite/Oxilife/Aquascenic, etc.) name would have a bigger impact since they are the original manufacturers and they have the most units sold/in use. Plus, their cloud (API) option for integration is not working for more the 12 months and if your intergration works with the Dreyden cloud, Vista Pool and Pool Watch users can switch to Dreyden Da-Gen app and use your integration to integrate in HA. I will try this week-end to migrate one Aquarite+ from Hayward cloud to Dreyden cloud for test.

1 Like

I have connected your integration to my Hayward account without having to switch to da-gen cloud.
I guess they are all using the same platform. Will test and revert with findings in github.

1 Like

More test will happen as my pool gets out of winter season.
Couple if things I will be interested to see added

• Switching relays (Relay 1 / Relay 2 / Relay 3)
  • Managing the pump and heating (I use today an HA automation to heat the pool when solar panel produce enough power)

The integration seems to working for me at first sight. I can already check the readings, which seem to be ok. The pool is nicely picked up and the data is correct. Just missing a nice visual to show the data in some tile/dashboard :slight_smile: Thanks for the effort Djerik! I had been looking for this for quite a while but I’m not that technical…

1 Like