Are there plans for a backup method for Zwave-JS (or if I missed it please, direct me)

I had a scare with my zwave. I created a duplicate micro-SD for my Rpi3 setup by flashing then restoring via backup. Everything came up except zwave. I got the error

zwave Retrying setup: None

I searched around the community and found bad news and no resolutions.

I put the previous micro-SD back in and zwave would not come up. It gave the error:

Retrying setup: Failed to connect: Cannot connect to host core-zwave-js:3000 ssl:default [Connect call failed (‘172.30.33.3’, 3000)]

I was unable to pull up the Z-Wave JS Supervisor add-on per this web page (or maybe other). It gave (and still gives) the error:

Unknown error occurred

I reloaded the integration, and might have restarted HASS, and Zwave-JS loaded correctly. My system is back running.

But I have two problems:

1. I am not confident in the backup micro-SD
  2. I see there is no way to backup the zwave stick ( Gen5 - ZW090 by AEON Labs Firmware: 1.1) except by shutting down and installing in a windows machine (I am on Mac)

One of the posters in a thread expressed regret for using Zwave-JS due to the fragility of HASS Zwave, with configuration information on the stick and in HASS, and no way to easily backup the stick. I am agreeing.
Others recommended ditching Zwave-JS and moving to the mqtt version.

Are there plans for a backup method for Zwave-JS (or if I missed it please, direct me)