Argon One Active Cooling and Active Linear Cooling Addon

Really nice addon, thanks very much. Lucky enough I’ve read this before trying to install argon script on linux level :grinning:

I was able to set this up last night on a new install. Had some issues getting it to see the I2c. Had to disable safe mode and unplugged twice then it found it. I also enabled the fan entity.

However, I see some have a CPU Temp display as well. How do I enable that? This is on a RPi4 4gb M2 case with ssd.

I’m going to try to take the top GPIO panel off as someone else recommended. Seems like the fan runs every few minutes

EDIT:. I found how to display CPU temp.

I tired to upgrade to version 20 and I have having issues. I am running the lastest Hass version 2021.5.0. When I upgraded I got the following message:

404 Client Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.40/containers/create?name=addon_7d06b5a0_argon_one_temp: Not Found (“No such image: adamoutler/aarch64-hassosargonone:20”)

I rolled back to the snapshot I took before upgrading and everything was good again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Hi,
Nice add-on, but for me one problem. the fan speed sensor becomes disabled when the fan is not running. (instead of giving a value of 0).

I too am getting this issue!

The Addon works fine, but is there a way to deactivate the syslog spam from this addon on each temperature change??

Hey there. Thanks for this add-on. The temp monitoring is working perfectly but I can’t seem to get the power button feature to work.

The problem appears to be that the entity binary_sensor.argon_one_power_button is always set to “off”. Double tapping the power button doesn’t change its state.

Any clues what might be wrong?

Hi everyone, can someone help me here please. Thanks

Have you enabled I2C? The first post has the instructions needed. If you choose the “Easy way” make sure to disable Protection mode in the addon screen, and hard reboot twice after starting the plugin.

WARNING (SyncWorker_2) [supervisor.addons.options] Option ‘Log current temperature every 30 seconds’ does not exist in the schema for ArgonOne Active Cooling (7d06b5a0_argon_one_temp)
WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.misc.tasks] Watchdog found a problem with 7d06b5a0_argon_one_temp! I get it from Log Provider Supervisor-help??

ArgonOne Active Cooling
[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc…exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms…exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes…
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts…
[cont-init.d] 00-banner.sh: executing…

Add-on: ArgonOne Active Cooling
Actively keeping your Argon One cool.

Add-on version: 22
You are running the latest version of this add-on.
System: Home Assistant OS 6.0 (aarch64 / raspberrypi4-64)
Home Assistant Core: 2021.6.6
Home Assistant Supervisor: 2021.06.3

Please, share the above information when looking for help
or support in, e.g., GitHub, forums or the Discord chat.

[cont-init.d] 00-banner.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 01-log-level.sh: executing…
[cont-init.d] 01-log-level.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
Cannot find I2C port. You must enable I2C for this add-on to operate properly
Error: Could not open file /dev/i2c-1' or /dev/i2c/1’: No such file or directory
[cmd] /run.sh exited 1
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts…
[cont-finish.d] 99-message.sh: executing…

Oops! Something went wrong.

We are so sorry, but something went terribly wrong when
starting or running this add-on.

Be sure to check the log above, line by line, for hints.

[cont-finish.d] 99-message.sh: exited 0.
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.

Hello, I need help.

It suddenly stops working. Here’s the error i get:

“404 Client Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.40/containers/create?name=addon_7d06b5a0_argon_one_temp: Not Found (“No such image: adamoutler/aarch64-hassosargonone:22”)”

Please help

Thank you very much for this add-on!

having just installed this add-on, (so probably missing the obvious here), I am awaiting the arrival of the M2 case, but please let me ask if we can set the fan speed levels manually too? I read that we can set the temp thresholds but cant find anything on the fan speed.

watching this video shows that should be possible in the native script Argon suggests?

btw, do we need to use the I2C to be able to control the fan, or is that an extra (separate) utility for other purposes.

thanks for having a look

Both add-on and native script use i2c, add-on have 2 modes of operation regarding fan speeds, normal and quiet.

ok, thanks for explaining.

might be a nice FR then, to suggest manual setting of fan speeds per threshold :wink:

normal mode have fan speeds at 33,66 and 100%; when you will get your case will see that noise is almost the same for all 3 speeds;
Quiet have fan speeds at 1,3,and 100% which is linear noise level and did not affect much cooling.
For each you can select 3 threshholds temp.

thanks.
Ive now found this GitHub - Misiu/argon40: Home Assistant support for Argon ONE Pi 3 & 4 cases and Argon Fan HAT

which allows for this, see Configuring the fan, (need to scroll down a bit for that section).

Wonder if that CC also works on the new case, it seems a bit more versatile, because it allows what I was looking for:

- alias: 'Argon One: Fan speed 55% (>55°C)'
  trigger:
    platform: numeric_state
    entity_id: sensor.pi_cpu_temp
    above: 55.0
    for:
      minutes: 1
  action:
  - service: argon40.set_fan_speed
    data:
      speed: 55

- alias: 'Argon One: Fan speed 100% (>60°C)'
  trigger:
    platform: numeric_state
    entity_id: sensor.pi_cpu_temp
    above: 60.0
    for:
      minutes: 1
  action:
  - service: argon40.set_fan_speed
    data:
      speed: 100

I’ve seen that too, i’ve used before addon was issued, now i’ve changed to addon as its easier to use and i dont need more customization.

I also used that before, but I liked the Add-On more, so I changed.

Hi, may I know did you actually try the Misiu component with the latest OS and Core? It seems that this custom components do not have it in HACS and need to be manually install. I’m wondering if this is still working with the latest OS and Core.