Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client - Updates Thread

What is this?

Will this work if the phone is locked?

Well, that’s Google :slight_smile:

Yes, the apps can be started even if the screen is off. The next time when you unlock the phone the application started will be in foreground.

1 Like

Hello everybody,

Version 1.2.6.3 is out.
What’s new:

• added mqtt screen switch setup info
  • at setup if using https and no port specified, use 443
  • added mqtt apps sensor setup info + script example of running kodi
  • fix setup issue when using web login

Please test it and let me know if you find any issue.
Thank you.

I think the listing got taken down? Play store redirects to blank page as of posting.

1 Like

It totally did got taken down, I’m unable to find it anymore.

Hello everybody,

Google decided to remove Ariela due too DEVICE_ADMIN (added in order to allow turning off screen). I will fix the issues they said and today Ariela will be available again.
Best regards,
Ionut

Hello everybody,
Ariela is up on the Google Play store again and also got some updates:
Version 1.2.6.4
Release date: 17 January 2019

• removed device admin (the screen can’t be turned off anymore)
  • added support for input_text view
  • small changes in Android Wear

Please test it and let me know how it goes.

Installed this morning and I like the general look and feel. I took a quick look at settings and I can’t find where to hide devices or arrange things. It’s clearly a different view from the web UI (hidden devices are visible in Ariela). How can I customize my Ariela view?

Usually it should be as the web ui version. Can you post some screenshots of how its in ariela , how its in home assistant and send me logs from ariela (enable debug mode in settings → restart app → use contact function).

Looks awesome, really clean and organized. Two things though, would it be possible to add Bluetooth tracking ie… use the Bluetooth on the device to detect Bluetooth nearby on another device in a certain zone then set ha to home,away etc…? Also the climate card is not showing for me. I use the climate component with a radio thermostat platform.
Thanks for all the time you have obviously spent on this project!

I am glad you like the app.
I will add the bluetooth tracking to my todo list.
Also the thermostat card lovelace is not supported but it will be very soon.

Hello all,

Version 1.2.6.5 is out.
What’s new:

• tabs now support icons
  • fixed invalid redirect id while setup
  • do not show media players that are hidden
  • added italian localization
  • added VR MQTT support (can send voice commands from phone to HA)
  • clear alarm code text when arming / disarming

Please test it and let me know how it goes.

Out of curiosity, have I missed a step for mqtt data from my phone to HA? With regards to the step count, mine doesn’t seem to reset. HA says I’ve taken something like 100,000 steps. :frowning: Should it not reset everyday? Either I missed something setting it up, or there isn’t a reset for it.

I noticed this too, it seems that the steps counter only increase its value but do not reset every day, so that is the value Ariela send.
I suppose i can “reset” myself by storing the previous day value and substract with current value.

When i attempt to enable lovelace in the web-ui view, it says that is not enabled on the server and get this in the logs

2019-01-19 10:14:00 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.1575274480] Received invalid command: frontend/lovelace_config

Since I am already using lovelace, is there something else that needs to be done?

What is the HA version you are using?

Its 0.85.1

Hello all,

Version 1.2.6.6 is out.
What’s new:

• fixed two factor auth issue in web login
  • small thermostat UI changes
  • small tabs UI changes

Please test it and let me know how it goes and if you find issues or have an idea that could improve Ariela, do not hesitate to tell me.

I install your app at my Samsung S7 Edge (no problem) and on my Sony Bravia Android tv, but at my tv i don’t see any logo of your app.