Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

Unfortunately i do not have any other trick. Indeed a manifest.json must be created also (beside __init__.py) in the notify script.
Updated instructions can be found here: GitHub - MCrissDev/HANotify: Android actionable notifications for Home Assistant and Ariela client

@Ionut

Ariela client has always been using about 2-3GB of data per month… seems a bit excessive and it is getting rather expensive. I do love the app, perhaps one of my settings is causing this.

I do have 4 MQTT and the location sensors active. I do have it set to use the web UI. I always update to the latest version however this has been happening for 2-3 months across all updates since I installed Ariela.

I guess loading the web UI every time causes some data usage but definitely not 3GB per month on 4G… I seldom use Ariela remotely, only at home however it reports it has used 2.46GB of 4G data so far this month (not including WiFi).

I do not have any camera streaming or pictures loading on the interface, it’s all plain groups, switches, thermostats, sensors,etc. At most the only component that is more intensive is the mini-graph custom lovelace card but it is text and it gets rendered on the browser.

I do spend tons of time browsing stuff on Chrome but here’s the usage so far this month for my apps:

Ariela 2.46GB
Chrome 2.17GB usage
Instagram 1.97GB usage

I have the following settings enabled:

Common

• Auto-reconnect
  • Full screen mode
  • Scroll long text
  • Home Wi-Fi networks set
  • Start at boot
  • Start after update

Device Tracker (I seldom move anywhere else, I live a block away from my office)

• Tracking Mode: GPS
  • Updates Period: 5 minutes
  • Updates Position: 50 meters

MQTT

• MQTT Client: Build-In (configured to go over the internet to my domain over unsecured HTTP)
  • Sensors: Battery, WiFi, Ariela Availability, Alarm, Bluetooth

UI

• Web UI

Notifications

• All disabled (I use HTML5 notifications)

Server Connection

• Read timeout: 10
  • Connect timeout: 15
  • Internal and external IP are set
  • Use Internal IP when connected to Home WiFi

Hope you can point me in the right direction, but if anything maybe MQTT is using most of the data but not sure how can I pinpoint the culprit…

1 Like

Hello,

Can you switch the MQTT from Build-In to Home Assistant and see if the data consumption improves?

1 Like

Hi, maybe this information helps a little.
I use Ariela only for watching the system information and use the lovelace interface in order to manage the light and as replacement for my harmony control.
No MQTT and no device tracking. The app is closed when unused.
Ariela used 599 MB mobile Data and 870MB W-Lan this month. The app is called at least once a day in average.
Some days not or only once (on travel) and some days more often.
So you can expect, that around 600 MB to 1 GB will be used only for loading data.
The rest could be MQTT and tracking

I will give it a try, this will take me a few days to be able to compare the data usage. Thanks for the suggestion!

Hi Ionut, any chance of Ariela supporting this swipe functionality in webview?

I’ve added the component and it seems to work fine in Firefox / Chrome but Ariela webview doesn’t seem to work.

Swipe between tabs will be build in Ariela without having any additional components :smiley:

1 Like

Ah cool thanks :slight_smile:

Same here. I have climate controls linked to both opentherm_gw and homegear. Ariela crashes on both when clicking to open the controls of a particular entity.

I have been seeing something similar lately. Right now it sits at 300MB in 10 days. Some of that is me opening the app and controlling things, but for the most part it just runs in the background.

For reference though, GPS Logger has used 157MB in that same amount of time, and it doesn’t do anything but track my coordinates.

Can you share the logs please?

I have send a debug log to the e-mail as specified in the app. Thanks for your support!

1 Like

Hello all,

Version 1.3.2.4 is out.
What’s new:

• NEW: added swipe support for Web UI mode & Lovelace
  • fixed crash of climate details activity
  • fixed display issue of Gauge lovelace cards
1 Like

Thanks. This fixed the issue with crashes on opening climate details for me.

1 Like

Hello,
Version 1.3.2.5 is out
What’s new:

• Web UI swipe improvements
  • added setting option to disable Web UI tabs change by swap left / right
  • scroll title of Lovelace gauge cards
  • fixed Lovelace Gauge card display issue
  • updated Google libraries
  • small UI changes

Hello Ionut, is there any way to embed a grafana chart in a lovelace iframe (without authentication in grafana)? It works for me in web ui (i just login to grafana within the iframe), but not in native view. Is there any way?

Can you tell me what i should do in order to reproduce this?

The steps are as follows:

1. Set-up grafana.
  2. Serve grafana with a nginx reverse proxy on another subdomain than homeassistant. Secure grafana with a username and password.
  3. Create a dashboard and panel graph (I think it is not even relevant to have any data in it).
  4. Share the panel using the “Embed” tab page. Copy the generated URL to be used in a homeassistant lovelace iframe card.
  5. Observe that in a webview, this card works. One needs to login into grafana directly inside the iframe and it then shows the interactive grafana panel.
  6. Observe that in Ariela native view you’ll get a grafana error message.

See the screenshots below.

Thank you for letting me know how i can reproduce. Let me see what i can do about this.

Hello,

Version 1.3.2.6 is out.
What’s new:

• allow changing icons in Firebase notifications
  • fixed MQTT crash when cleaning up resources
  • small UI changes
1 Like