Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

That is what I meant when I said I couldn’t find the notify.mobile_app_xxx

UPDATE - when I commented out the FMC-android… I commented out the NOTIFY: too.
I put this back in and now I can see the notify.mobile_app_xxx.

Now my only iss is that I deleted the Mobile_App integration thinking it was Firebase trying to get the mobile_app component to work… now that I figure out my mistake it won’t let me manually recreate the missing device.

How do I get Ariela app to push the integration again?

Thanks,
DeadEnd

Hi,

Looks like setting “WebUI scroll down refresh” doesn’t work (or I don’t understand its meaning correctly).
If I disable it, scrolling down still does a refresh, so I cannot scroll, eg, option lists, in webui mode.

Not sure it’s related, but I don’t see the “notify.mobile_app…” service, either.

I see this in the HA log, which seems related (“Ultima10” is my phone name):

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 121, in handle_call_service
    connection.context(msg))
  File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 1141, in async_call
    self._execute_service(handler, service_call))
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py", line 380, in __iter__
    yield self  # This tells Task to wait for completion.
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py", line 304, in _wakeup
    future.result()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py", line 293, in result
    raise self._exception
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py", line 239, in _step
    result = coro.send(None)
  File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 1163, in _execute_service
    await handler.func(service_call)
  File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/notify/__init__.py", line 112, in async_notify_message
    await notify_service.async_send_message(**kwargs)
  File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/mobile_app/notify.py", line 99, in async_send_message
    entry = self.hass.data[DOMAIN][DATA_CONFIG_ENTRIES][target]
KeyError: 'Ultima10'

Hey @Ionut - first wanna say thanks for all your hard work! Purchased the pro version and am really liking it so far. I’d like to ask about lovelace picture glances - do you have any plans to support clicking on these and maybe being able to pinch to zoom?

Just replace “state” from topic to “attributes” and should work:
Eg: topic: homeassistant/sensor/android_galaxy_s8_hfp/attributes

Use exit function from Ariela and start Ariela again and it should appear again. Please let me know if works.

This function is still buggy, i am working on a way to fix it.

Can you tell me which HA version you are using?

Thank you very much for the purchase, i really appreciate it. Please create a issue here and i will see what i can do about it: Issues · MCrissDev/Ariela · GitHub

1 Like

Is there any documentation on how to use the NFC feature? I’m having some issues implementing it. I wrote a simple NFC tag that simply has the text ‘guestmodeon’ on it. I’m using that to trip an automation. The issue is resetting the NFC tag state in Ariela.

If I scanned the NFC tag, I can’t use the same tag again as the automation won’t trigger because the NFC state tag hasnt changed.

I tried using this python script to manually set the value of the NFC tag, but it seems like Ariela is sending the NFC tag data again every couple of minutes which in turns triggers my automation.

Any way we can get Ariela to reset the NFC data a minute after its been scanned?

Just create an automation that its having the trigger the NFC json_attributes_topic and it should work.

Is your server connection with Ariela stable? Ariela should send NFC info when reconnecting to HA server only and of course when it reads a NFC tag.

Hello all,

Version 1.3.3.5 is out.
What’s new:

• rework on UI items (in order to show properly color schemes)
  • fixed crash when showing vacuum entity information’s
  • fixed text overlap in entity dialog info

Hi @Ionut
Just trying the mobile_app: intergration instead of HAnotify, but as others have mentioned i do not see a notify.mobile_app…” service in my dev panel

any ideas. this is on 0.94.b4. i have also tried on 93.2

Edit: Rebooted HA again and Service is now available

Hi,

Can you check if the device appear in HOMEASSISTANTFOLDER/.storage/core.device_registry file?

Ionut

No, I have tried a few things:
First, I re-enabled FCM-ANDROID to do comparisons (and so I can use notifications until mobile_app works).
So I have this in my configuration.yaml - is there any problem with having both?

# Mobile App
mobile_app:
# FCM Notifications
notify:
  - name: android
    platform: fcm-android

With this setup, I restarted HA and when I check for notify services I have this list:

notify.android
notify.android_phone1
notify.andoird_phone2
notify.mobile_app_phone2
notify.notify

Phone 2 I didn’t touch, so it appears that both components are working for this (I haven’t tested… wife’s phone, so I try to not bother. Phone 1 is the one that I deleted the mobile_app integration in HA trying to fix it, and now I can’t get it back.

I did restart HA, exit and even cleared cache in Ariela. So far I can’t get notify.mobile_app_phone1 to populate.

As a side note:
I also am using Node-Red for automation - and only the notify.android’s are showing up. The notify.mobile_app do not appear at all - I expect I will need to investigate this with another post though since I don’t think this is Ariela issue.

I checked this file, and both phones do appear - once each.

Thanks for all the help!
DeadEnd

If it appears then please do this:

1. Stop HA server.
  2. Delete those entities from that file.
  3. Start HA Server and Ariela.
  4. Check if mobile app is loaded.

I deleted the problematic device, restarted both - and still not seeing notify.mobile_app_phone1.
I then deleted the core.device_registry (after backup :slight_smile: )and restarted. Phone 2 is created, but not phone 1.
Finally, I went into Ariela app and disabled Firebase notification, and restart - still not re-populated.

I appreciate the help!
What else can I try?

DeadEnd

Send me the Ariela logs please so i can check if anything wrong from the app side. Thank you.

Logs sent.

I’m using 0.93.1

Try installing / uninstalling the Ariela and tell me if its showing. Also delete all entries from HOMEASSISTANTFOLDER/.storage/core.device_registry file.

Hello,

Version 1.3.3.6 is out.
What’s new:

• NEW: added MQTT publish retain option
  • NEW: added option to force the Mobile App integration
  • better compatibility with OS Night Mode

Note: if you use to force the Mobile App integration, do not forget to delete the old entry from HOMEASSISTANTFOLDER/.storage/core.device_registry file.

I got the update and successfully ran the mobile app integration again.
The core.device_registry correctly repopulated.
After restarting HA “notify.mobile_app_phone1” is correctly back in place :slight_smile: .

NOTE: I accidentally clicked the “Force Mobile App credentials” a second time, and got phone 1 in the integrations twice. I simply deleted the second and was fine, but thought I would share that it can create multiple integrations to the same device (instead of replacing).

Now somehow I messed up my device tracking while fiddling with this. It marks me as home when I am connected via VPN from external wifi… this use to correctly set me as away - not sure what I broke. I did confirm that only my home networks are shown in the “Home Wi-Fi Networks” but somehow it is incorrectly showing me home which I am on Guest WiFi’s.

Hopefully I can figure out what I messed up but in case you know of something else to check, I thought I would ask.

Thanks again!
DeadEnd

Glad to hear that :smiley:

Indeed this will be the behavior. For the moment this is the best thing i can do for it.

I responded via email to this. Just redo the setup on your wifi and it should work just fine :smiley: