Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

Can you tell me what exacly do with tasker (commands you send)?

I am glad to hear that worked :smiley:

When I’m connected to my car’s BT I get GPS using Tasker, then split %LOC variable in 2 parts and do an http get :

https://MYSTATICIPADRESS/api/gpslogger?latitude=%LOC1&longitude=%LOC2&device=MYCARY&battery=100&api_password=MYLEGACYAPIPASSWORD

@Ionut @aimc @fabaff

Could we please create a new grouping for this App on the community and lock this thread? 1000 messages in a single thread is simply impossible to follow. Then get new questions on separate discussions.

Not sure if Discourse can nest deeper than 2 levels, if it can, maybe a phone apps group then Ariela so the 3rd Party list does not grow too big?

:smile:

1 Like

Agree I think we need a section in the forum where the updated can be collated into one thread and questions in seperate threads. Similar questions are being asked and it’s getting difficult to track where the app is upto because @Ionut is doing such an awesome job updating it!

I will create a new post where i will only post updates, and maybe this thread can be used for discussions.
Also here is a teaser of what’s coming

4 Likes

Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client - Updates Thread thread has been created. Hopefully there you will going to find only updates that Ariela receives.

Also do not forget about http://ariela.surodev.com/ Here you will find the change log, documentation etc.

1 Like

What is that!? I think we need an SDK add-on that can be installed out of the playstore to get SMS MQTT functionality back! That way we can still update via playstore.

The SMS addon has been removed because Google do not allow apps that have such capabilities but not core functionality to be on store. I will have to think on a method to reenable SMS capabilities.

WHAAAAAT?? Android TV support? So you’re telling me that finally I will be able to handle Netflix/Amazon Prime Video and Kodi/Plex status in my automations? If that’s the case you’re awesome!

I have a couple questions/notes for you:

• Do you think it’s possible to handle the Custom Notifier plugin, if we update it to use our existing firebase app? I was thinking about the possibility to define in the options the API key and stuff like that, or it’s impossible to define it at run-time?

• It seems that home assistant is not supporting json_attributes anymore for sensor, but instead it wants a json_attributes_topic array. Sensors still work, but it’s going to be deprecated soon

• Sometimes when I get back home, Ariela connect to the wifi and switch to the local address, but it still shows as away due to the gps signal, so some automation relying on “home” status don’t work immediately: do you think it’s possible to trigger a “home” status if the above condition is satisfied?

• Do you think it’s possible to add the option to have Ariela starts automatically after a phone restart?

You will be able to start apps from your HA, you will be able to suspend / start your Android TV and many more.

What do you mean by existing firebase app? I suppose i could modify HANotify component to accept API key per device.

I know about this, new version(which i hope i will release today will have support for the new json_attributes_topic.

If that’s the case just add all your home wifi’s (Ariela → Settings-> Home Wifi). If your phone will going to connect to one of those networks it will tell HA that you are home.

I will add this to my TODO list.

That’s awesome! Looking forward to it!

I’ll double check because I was sure I did that. Anyway, it’s just a small delay every once in a while, not a big deal :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hello all,

Version 1.2.6.1 is out.
What’s new:

Version 1.2.6.1
Release date: 13 January 2019

• MQTT Screen switch (ability to sleep / wake up device)
  • support for new json_attributes_topic MQTT (HA version 0.85 and higher)
  • handle SSL in web ui mode
  • make picture glance elements more visible
  • small other fixes

Please test it and let me know how it goes.

Nice a.f!
Just purchased it and its way snappier on this old “device/display”
2 Wishes:

1: When activating / Deaktivating the alarm panel - Delete the code after hitting the arm/disarm buttons
2: (meight be already implemented, just cant find ) a kiosk/fullscreen mode

Glad you like it and thank you for the support.

It will be available in the next version.

1 Like

Sorry but something is wrong here with both Ariela and it’s developer !

Ionut… By now you should either be ignoring posts in this thread, or giving one line RTFM replies. You should not be positively encouraging enhancements and adding new features and not be so polite and in such a great mood ! :wink::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But seriously… the progress of this app, and the approach and support by yourself as the developer is really refreshing - well done and I hope this project garners all the success it deserves.

Everyone who uses this app should be using the Pro version…(and there’s always Patreon too)

1 Like

I agree that @Ionut is really doing an awesome job, and obviously tracking this thread will be hard for him as there are a lot of requests for info and new functionalities.
How do you suggest we could handle this though?

Ahh - my second paragraph above was meant as ‘tongue in cheek’ if you know that expression or ironic perhaps…

What I was trying to say was that is how a typical developer would be reacting after 1000+ posts and yet Ionut isn’t feeling like that at all ! It’s hard to convey that in a forum, I’ve added a wink emoji.

He seems to already do a brilliant job with his ‘todo’ list currently but it must be very long.

Hehehe sorry, not a native english speaker so I missed the irony I think :slight_smile:

I agree on everything you said: @Ionut is really a great dev (and as a dev myself I’m dead serious): being so polite and always keen on adding new features is amazing.

And I will use the Patreon link as well, because he really deserves it.

@Ionut
I just updated Ariela Pro to 1.2.6.1. How to use this new Screen switch feature? I can’t find any instruction for this

Hi,

Sorry i didn’t added any instructions, i will add on the next version. About usage, you can just add it to a group and use it (you will have to find its id : HA server Web UI -> Developer tools -> States).
Please let me know if you have any other questions.