Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

I don’t think i can’t do anything about this since i cannot know if the user zoomed on map or another control (since the ui is the web mode)

I think i could set the default icon to be home assistant logo :smiley:

Nothing against the Ariela icon but I just prefer home Assistant

That would be awesome!!!

1 Like

Trying to setup Ariela on a new phone and getting a “Connection to Home Assistant Failed” error.

I’m using a self signed certificate and had to accept it previously when setting the app up.

I’ve double checked it and even pulled the URL from firefox on mobile to make sure I didn’t screw it up.

Hi,
Have you tried setting up the app without adding the self signed certificate in Ariela?

I didn’t try setting up the self signed cert in the first place - I was referring to the https selfsigned cert HA is using. I type in wifi network, skip certificate setup then punch in url of home assistant.

1 Like

Hi I have the same problem as @MattDude, tried every possible combination of http / https / regular ip-address / dns domain name. But without any luck.

Since the last update i cant activate Device tracker. If i turn it on and the go back to main screen and the back the setting is turned of. Any one else with this issue?

See the tabbar highlighting multiple tabs.
It does not follow CCH rules to hide tabs as well.

I know it is a matter of individual taste, but I would like my HA to look just the way I want it.
These are on Ariela

and these are from HA Launcher

I had few tests done during the weekend and I guess if you use
com.baviux.homeassistant.HassWebView instead of standard webview most of the bugs can be solved.

please check in Settings → Apps → Ariela → Permissions-> Location that “all all time” its checked.

If Ariela → Settings → UI you have an option called web ui mode. Check that and you should have web ui rendering instead of native. Please let me know if works.

Hello all,

Version 1.3.7.3 is out.
What’s new:

• NEW: password protected settings
  • NEW: add HVAC buttons in thermostat Lovelace cards
  • add support for effect change for light entities
  • fixed xiaomi vacuum card info display issue
  • gray out device tracker / persons with status not_home
  • custom slider card improvements
  • change Settings screen to AndroidX compatible
  • fixed issue where groups cannot be turned off / on

Hi @Ionut,

First, thanks for a great app. some cool features.

My issue is I’m trying to get notify.android to work but I can’t access the firebase notifications section (see screenshot)

How to I activate this?

Thanks.

Hello,

You do not need HANotify notifications. Use mobile_app which is already enabled. More info you can find here: http://ariela.surodev.com/2019/05/08/push-notifications-2/

Does anyone else have issues with the device tracker jumping from zone to away multiple times when not moving? I would send the logs for troubleshooting but for some reason they are not created on my Android 10 device.

Sometimes even my Google Maps app shows my location to be at completely different coordinates and switches back and forth multiple times per hour… funnily enough, these coordinates are always the same… and i have never ever been there before.

I had to stop using the application which is saddening.

After many weeks using the app (the paid version), I found that my HASS became unstable. Every so often my HASS become unresponsive. There was absolutely nothing that I could do. I always had to reboot my raspberry pi.

I thought it was my internet connection, my SD card, etc. The app was the last thing I suspected. It wasn’t until I started noticing that my issues occurred when I moved away from my house or what appeared to be a zone.

Other things that I noticed:
Going from not_home to home seemed to cause problems. I set up both an internal and external URL. Sometimes it seemed like it took a while to switch from one URL connection to the other. A lot of time seemed to spent on the loading screen

Things I liked about the app

1. Integrated device tracker (when it worked)
  2. Integrated notification service that had similar html5 notification scheme
  3. The sensors

Things I didn’t used:

1. The non-lovelace UI, meaning the native app UI. I didn’t see a reason for having it in the first place. It seems a lot of time is spent replicating what already exist (I acknowledge this is criticizing and its just my opinion.)
  2. The permanent notification. I didn’t see why was there by default. Its the first thing I had to remove.

I would have liked to have the option to only have the device tracker, notification, and sensor integration without the other things I mentioned.

I am suspecting that perhaps it was the amount of data being transferred and the rate of change but at this point it doesn’t matter. I absolutely loved the app for the features I used but it was not worth it at the cost of my stability.

Thank you for the app development.

Can you give me details of your device tracker settings?

Well if that happens even if Google Maps what we can expect from Ariela? :stuck_out_tongue: In a way or another Ariela just sends the information its receiving.

I am sorry to hear that but i do not really understand why Ariela its the culprit?

Do you know the settings you had on device tracker? Can you share them?

There are some Android devices that can’t load HASS using webview, so a native rendering will be required. Indeed a lot of time is spent on replicating that UI but i believe supporting it its a fundamental requirement for the app.

This is not my fault :slight_smile: In order to a a background service, Android requires to show a permanent notification (starting with Android O)

That’s sounds a good idea.

Did you had a lot of sensors enabled? Do you remember which were those?

1. I am suspecting that it might be the app that caused issues because as I mentioned, I tried making changes to everything else: changing the location of the raspberry pi to be closer or directly connected to a router, new SD, etc. It is not until I removed the application all together that I finally had stability.
  2. I am attaching my settings for the device tracker.
  3. I only had 3 sensors: Bluetooth a2dp, call status, notification grabber

Those settings and sensors enabled should not affect the HA that bad. Did you noticed any logs in HA when the issue happened?

I did not. It was one of the first things I tried doing.