Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

You may also try to disable sensors and after that the device tracker to check if stability improves. But like i said those should not give you any problems since:

1. a2dp info will be sent only when the a2dp connection status changes
  2. call status -> same as above
  3. notification -> when you will receive an notification (i suppose you do not receive a notification every second)
  4. device tracker -> only when a location change is made

Could you send Ariela logs so i can check it out by any chance?

Yes. I will reinstall the app and give a try later this week or early next week.

1 Like

Hello,

Version 1.3.7.4 is out.
What’s new:

• NEW: Light Entity custom Lovelace card support
  • small changes regarding some entities default icons
  • SliderEntity row card slider position fix
  • hide alarm code entry if no code it’s required
  • Lovelace Alarm Card improvements
  • changed default firebase notification icon to Home Assistant logo
  • fixed issue when logs file not created on Android 10 devices
  • improved climate advanced options UI
  • fixed crash when tracking Lovelace Light card slider
  • fixed microphone sensor crash when sending update
  • better notification compatibility with Dark Mode when enabled in the system
  • add support for “mm” unit of measurement graphs
  • updated Google libraries

1 Like

Thanks! The log file is now being created on my Android 10 device. I will send the logs if I have any device tracker issues. I did notice that my battery level graph card doesn’t seem to be working correctly. I can send a screenshot when I go home for lunch.

1 Like

Check your app permissions. I had the same thing and had to update location permissions again in android.

Can I install it on android tv?

Yes you can, but it will be a little difficult to control the UI

Hello Sir
Thanks for the great app just bought the pro.
I would like to ask for a feature.

I want to use Ariela on a tablet an have the screen light up when the proximity sensor sense something like people approaching or waving my hand in front of the sensor.

There are apps in the play store that can do that but I am asking if possible to implement.

Would that be possible?
Thanks

Hello,

Thank you very much for the support in the first place.
I will add your suggestion to my TODO list. Btw, can you send me a link of the app you are saying?

hi Ionut,

i dont use the app a lot, but every time i want to use it i run into trouble.
its running normally and sending the sensordata, and i like that part very much.
i also like the idea that it could run without the frontend.
thats the other part.
i got several times now, that somehow ariela cant connet to HA.
when that happens i cant get past the screen where i need to connect to HA.
so i cant get to settings, version info, or anything else without connecting to HA.

and thats really annoying. the menu structure and settings and info should be available even when i still need to connect.

i hope you will find a way that the connection doesnt block everything.

Please send me the logs so i can investigate why it didn’t connect to HA.

Let me see what i can do about this :smiley:

Version 1.3.7.5 is out:

• NEW: Bignumber custom Lovelace card support
  • bump down Android version requirement to 4.0
  • add social links to about section of the app
  • add translation link to about section of the app
  • do not keep any settings in the case of app uninstall
  • updated Google libraries
  • fixed issue where Light entity info doesn’t update
  • fixed app crash when sending alarm requests

in most cases its because my mobile has an incorrect connection to my network.
dont know why, but it shows i am on the network, but still i cant reach anything.
so its nothing that you can do anything about (unless ariela is causing the problem, which i dont suspect)
but thats why its annoying that i cant get past the connection. i have no way to see if its my network, ariela or the connection that is troubling me.

Please enable debug mode so i can check it out :smiley: If its an Ariela problem its need to be fixed :slight_smile: Btw, Ariela will require location permission in order to identify the wifi network so please check if that is done

yeah it has location permission.
and when the network is good its good and everything works.
but after some time the network goes into a state that it cant recover from.
my mobile has a week reception, and at some small part from my house (badly enough the part where my mobile is most) the network is bad.
and i suspect that my mobile gets confused by the 5G with the same name.

i am pretty sure that its not ariela (allthough how sure can you ever be with stuff like that)

if i suspect its ariela, or i see someone else telling about a simular problem i will send you the debug info.

1 Like

New UI change in the next version: move the tabs to bottom for faster access and support for background view items with beautiful parallax animations. Can’t wait for you guys to check it out

Video:

or

Hi, wish to send to HASS my Android battery information.

I went to SETTINGS, turn ON MOBILE APP (BTW whats the difference between Mobile app and mqtt?) and I am done?

DO I need to restart HASS? Whats the sensor name?

Other thing, in case I want to setup MQTT, can someone please give me example on how to configure with duckdns.

Thanks

1. Just go to Ariela → Settings → Sensors
  2. Enable Battery Sensor
  3. Enable update method: Mobile_app or MQTT
    You do not need to restart your HA server, the sensors should be automatically detected. (In the case of MQTT update mode it will require discovery feature to be up and running)

You should find your sensor in HA → Configuration → Integration

Regarding MQTT setup (in order to be accessible externally) you will have to do a port forwarding to the MQTT server. Also, if you do not want to export the MQTT server, there is a hack in Ariela that will allow using HA to send MQTT data. You can enable this by going to Ariela → Settings → MQTT → MQTT Client and select HomeAssistant. Using this mode you will not going to need the MQTT server to be configured.

You can find more details about MQTT in Ariela here: MQTT Setup – Ariela
Please let me know if works.

Ok I followed your instructions (do not want to enable mqtt if its easier with mobile app settings) but wheich integration is it?

In my case having an S8, it appears like this:

On your case it will appear as the phone’s name :slight_smile:

Ok now I have 2 not sure why, will check.

Do I need to put

mobile_app:

in configuration?