Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

I kind of like them at the bottom, especially for one-handed usage. Perhaps make it configurable.

1 Like

Will do :smiley: Thank you very much for suggestion

2 Likes

Version 1.3.7.7 is out.

What’s new:

• NEW: Lovelace view editor
  • NEW: show notifications badge count
  • NEW: add settings to set the alignment of the tabs (top or bottom)
  • NEW: automatically reload Lovelace changes to match current config
  • fixed issue where badges cannot be extracted
  • fixed slider entity issue when setting light brightness
  • move Patreon button to about app section

1 Like

New Ariela function: ability to disable (not show) a view in Ariela. This is very useful if for example you want do not want a family member have access to a view.

Hello all,

Version 1.3.7.8 is out.
What’s new:

• NEW: add posibility to hide a view in Ariela (eg: show only certain views on kids phones)
  • NEW: add possibility to trigger battery sensor updates from HA via mobile_app notifications
  • NEW: add WiFi selection possibility in the setup process
  • fixed crash when entering Settings
  • fixed issue with Android 10 device unable to add custom certificates
  • more work on slider entity custom card
  • small UI changes in notification items
  • small UI changes in shopping list
  • updated Google libraries

Hi,

Is it possible to send device tracker information over mqtt?

I want to be able to track location when out of home without exposing HA to the inet, by sending location through Cloudmqtt, as I have previously done with owntracks.

Thanks in advance, and apologies if I am missing something obvious.

Still not getting a slider

I also noticed the following:

I added a new tab on Lovelace UI but it’s not showing in Ariela (even after closing the app and starting it again). Any ideas what could be the issue? Does Ariela use a cache perhaps?

It isn’t possible for now, but i can add this function easily :smiley:

Send me again the logs and some screenshots of both HA & Ariela :smiley:

Please send me the logs for this too :smiley: Its quite strange it doesn’t show the tab. Ariela its requesting the lovelace config each time, no cache its made.

1 Like

My device tracker setting keeps turning off by itself. Everytime i go into settings and turn on device tracker then go back and then go back into the settings the device tracker setting is turned off again. This is happening on 3 phones a pixel and 2 pixel 2 XL’s

Just go to phone settings, click location -> Ariela -> Allow all time :smiley:
Please let me know if works.

that worked thank you. not sure what removed the permission from always to only when the app is open but that fixed it tyvm

You’re welcome. Glad to hear the problem was sorted out.

Hey,

Is there anyway to get Ariela to update location when my front door opens?

When I come home my GPS doesn’t always update to home. It would be nice if home Assistant was able to trigger a location update.

Hello,

I have something in works that will allow requesting location updates in Ariela, even if Ariela its not currently running.
For example you will be able to create automation like: if front door opened -> request Ariela location -> Ariela sends new location (if possible to retrieve).

These types of requests are already available for battery sensor :smiley:

Will this work for you?

Yes perfect!

Any idea on timescale?

1-2 days :slight_smile:

This is a script example that will allow force Ariela to send a device tracker update (even if the Ariela its not currently running). Availability: Ariela version 1.3.7.9

'1574681991966':
  alias: Trigger device tracker update
  sequence:
  - data:
    service: notify.mobile_app_galaxy_s8

More details you can find here: http://ariela.surodev.com/2019/11/25/trigger-ariela-custom-updates/

2 Likes

Sound perfect!

1 Like

Is it possible to trigger a device tracker update from Tasker?

Thanks!

No, its not possible.

But there is a option in Ariela that will allow listening the location changes that are requested by other apps.