Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

any update on when the “button” lovelace card will be supported?

if there is a power blackout or a home assistant restart, the devices are no longer located on the map. Is there any way from home to reactivate localization?

you can use http://ariela.surodev.com/2019/11/25/trigger-ariela-custom-updates/ (message_device_tracker_update) to ask Ariela to update the device tracker device. This will work even if Ariela is not currently running (but it should have the permission of the location and also the location to be active ).

Please let me know if it works.

personally I am not interested in updating the position on request once. What I would like is to be able to tell Ariela to continue working in the background, but at the same time to reactivate her connection with the home assistant. To put things right when the devices return home I have to open the app from the phone, go to settings, device location, and from there deactivate and then reactivate the location. Could you do the same thing by sending a personalized notification?
PS, among other things, I also noticed that by losing the connection with the home assistant, the devices consume much more battery

This is something I have thought about building for the official apps for a while now. I think it might make more sense if Nabu Casa offered it as part of their paid plans only because I don’t want to pay for the bandwidth and don’t want to hold everyone’s connection info (obviously not like passwords, but I don’t like the idea of holding URLs even).

If we did do it, I assume it would be a service that would send a push notification to your device. Probably very limited configuration options. You’d be better off signing up for something like Pingdom for now.

How can I make seperate device trackers for bluetooth discovery? I have tryed many ways but just cant make it right :confused:

My mqtt code

{
  "state": "true",
  "name": "Lenovo TAB3",
  "icon": "mdi:bluetooth",
  "mac": "02:00:00:00:00:00",
  "bonded_devices": [],
  "discovered_devices": [
    {
      "name": "Blue key",
      "mac": "C4:7C:8D:XX:XX:XX",
      "rssi": -71
    },
    {
      "name": "White key",
      "mac": "7E:70:12:XX:XX:XX",
      "rssi": -60
    }
  ]
}

Maybe you can adapt the script from here: http://ariela.surodev.com/2019/03/12/find-my-car/ ?

In the end I came up whit this automation. I post it here so others can also use and tweak it if they need. I took me few hours to figure this out. In my home I have one android tablet mounted to the wall what is always on. I use this tablet bluetooth sensor to detect my keychanes if the are around. and will use this in my automatons.

It will make a new device_tracker.-key name-

automation:
  - alias: White keychain detector
    trigger:
    - platform: mqtt
      topic: homeassistant/sensor/android_lenovo_tab3_8_bluetooth/attributes
    condition:
    - condition: template
      value_template: '{{ "18:7A:93:XX:XX:XX" in trigger.payload }}'
    action:
    - data_template:
        dev_id: White key mqtt
        host_name: White key mqtt
        mac: '18:7A:93:XX:XX:XX'
        source_type: bluetooth
      service: device_tracker.see

- alias: Blue keychain detector
    trigger:
    - platform: mqtt
      topic: homeassistant/sensor/android_lenovo_tab3_8_bluetooth/attributes
    condition:
    - condition: template
      value_template: '{{ "18:7A:93:XX:XX:XX" in trigger.payload }}'
    action:
    - data_template:
        dev_id: Blue key mqtt
        host_name: Blue key mqtt
        mac: '18:7A:93:XX:XX:XX'
        source_type: bluetooth
      service: device_tracker.see

1 Like

I tried as you said but it doesn’t work. If Home assistant is restarted the devices no longer update the position … I think it would take a notification also to force ariela to reconnect (?)

Please send me a some logs from Ariela and i will check it out

Let me see what i can do about this

93/5000

I’m sorry but at the moment I can’t, for the moment I uninstalled the application …

I saw a video of a boy who complained about the device tracker when restarting the home assistant on an app other than ariela … then maybe the problem is with home assistant and not ariela …

any chance for MQTT device tracker in the short term?

appreciate your work and not trying to chase. Just I will be redoing my install and are considering if I shoud stay with Owntracks or make the move.

Thanks much

I have that function on my TODO list. I believe somewhere in maximum 2 weeks the MQTT device tracker will be available.

1 Like

Sounds great!

1 Like

Anyone else having issues with all push notifications having stopped working in the past ~couple days? All other apps on my phone work and setting up the official HA app works as well. Removing and re-adding the Ariela mobile app integration doesn’t fix it either so I’m pretty sure it’s not on my end. Any thoughts?

Thats very strange. I will check it out.

Hello,
I’m a little confused about how to trigger the cameras on a mobile device to take a still image. I have the built-in MQTT client built in and working (I can trigger TTS as well as receive sensor data), but how do I trigger the camera and receive the image?
My trigger is homeassistant/camera/android_xt1053_frontcamera/get_frontcamera
Thanks

Hello,

Please check http://ariela.surodev.com/2019/02/24/front-back-camera-streaming/ on how to do it. Basically you will have to use / call service “mqtt.publish” with the topic equal with the trigger value from the instructions.

Hello,

Ariela version 1.3.8.4 is out.
What’s new:

• updated google libraries
  • small UI updates
  • better lovelace parsing

Please test it and let me know how it goes.

1 Like