Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

Hello all,
Version 1.2.3.8 is out.
What’s new:

• fixed android P connection issue (application failed to connect to HA server)
  • added possibility to skip server detection while setup
  • fixed connectivity issue for SSL based setup
  • fixed issue when the HA server contained over 200 entities
  • other fixes

Please test it and let me know how it works, what is not working. And as always, i am waiting for any ideas / functions that can be implemented to this app.

1 Like

Hello,
I have a problem with the lights icons as they don’t reflect always the state.
If I turn one light on, the icon will turn to yellow. But if I change the tab and come back, the icon will be grey (off state) even that the switch is on.

Thank you for reporting the issue, it will be fixed in the next release.

After the latest update to v 1.2.3.8 I am unable to start the app. Each time I try to start it, it crash.

I’m using Android 8.1.0.

Please send me your email via PM, and i will send a debug version of the app. Thank you.

Hello all,
Version 1.2.3.9 is out
What’s new:

• fixed startup crash
  • fixed crash of map viewer on Android P
  • added support for lovelace media control card
  • added support for tablets

2 Likes

Tablet feature is a great plus, what is the oldest android version that is supported?
I’ve got a really old tablet as around (ICS version I believe) that I’d love to use to display stats?

In theory minimum version supported by Ariela is Android 4.2. ICS i do not think it qualifies. But in the future i hope i can lower to minimum version.

No problem! If nothing else it’s an excuse for me to pick up a cheap second hand newer tablet! :smiley:

Hehe, don’t waste your money yet. Let’s see what happens if i lower the Ariela minimum Android version

1 Like

The update is great.

I come across one thing that was a little odd. I my Nest thermostat connected and clicked over to change the temp. I was able to adjust the dial but the readout showed 70 C. :hot_face: I am not sure if that is the app or a setting on my end.

I meant to get a screenshot earlier but I forgot.

Thoughts?

Please check how is in the Home Assistant web version also. Also it will be great if you can provide some logs regarding this, maybe (most probably) is something from the app.

When I pull it up in the browser, I get 70F. I will get a log file for you when I home this evening and send it your way.

Here is a screenshot of the thermostat. I will send you the log file.

Hi just installed this yesterday and am really enjoying it so far and I bought the pro version to support the project.

I am however having an issue with widgets. When I add a light and tap the widget to operate it, it can take up to 30 seconds or more to toggle or sometimes not even at all. Going into the web UI on the app it works fine.

I’m using a pixel 2 with android pie.

Keep up the amazing work.

I also noticed the issue with the Nest thermostat tonight. Same issue as mchiass. Mine looks the same. It reads in C in the app, but it’s set for F, and it also doesn’t appear to adjust the controls when I change the temp in the app.

Thank you for the report. I will investigate the issue.

Hello all,

A new feature that will be available very soon in Ariela: MQTT client. Using the client Ariela could send extended informations via mqtt of the device sensors like: batttery, accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetic, pressure, light, step counter etc.

Little teaser:

LE:
Version 1.2.4 is out
What’s new:

• reduced minimum supported version to Android 4.1
  • fixed issue with displaying temperature
  • fixed crash when showing charts
6 Likes

Hello all,
Version 1.2.4.1 is out
What’s new:

• added support for ZWAVE entities
  • fixed incorrect input_slider display
  • added support for binary sensors
  • picture-glance: added support for camera_image

Awesome, will the MQTT client also send location data? Will it be possible to setup how often is the sensor data is being refreshed, from either every second to like 5, 30 second intervals, 1h intervals etc?

I got an idea for a thing, lets say hipothetically one has a Roomba or Xiaomi robot with a Wifi camera attached to it and wants to drive it remotely, might be cool to have a joystick widget, sort of like this in Blynk:

I dont have such a setup implemented yet, just brainstorming ideas :smiley: