Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

Well you already have device tracker in Ariela, but its possible.

Yep it should allow to do that only if you will permit Ariela to run in background.

Took me two days, but I’ve read it all now. Pretty awesome app, can’t believe I hadn’t heard of it before now.

I was thinking the same thing about location data with MQTT. Being able to emulate OwnTracks the way Zanzito does would be nice, thought not really required. I haven’t set it up yet, but hope to this week to toy with along side Zanzito.

A couple other features that might be nice, Zanzito has a text to speech feature that reads out messages from a MQTT topic. Having a feature like that would be useful, I currently use it for notifications like if we leave the house and forget to shut the door, it’ll shoot out a message. Even better, maybe allow different topics to be watched and have different priority levels, so say one topic is read no matter what, while another topic is read only if the phone is in regular ring mode (not on silent/DND mode).

It might also be nice to have it report to MQTT the next alarm time set on the phone (I believe from research with Tasker this is the only thing you can pull for the alarm data). It would be useful in automations to just know what the next phone alarm is going to be.

Again, really awesome app, looking forward to trying this out and almost certainly will be updating to pro after preliminary testing :slight_smile:

Nobody else having problems with unresponsive widgets? trying to turn on a hue lamp and it takes over 30 seconds if it works at all.

Thank you for reporting this, i will investigate the issue.

Thank you for the ideas, i will put on my TODO list.

Hello everybody,

Ariela version 1.2.4.2 is out.
What’s new:

• support for Home Assistant 0.84 (retrieving lovelace config using new api)
  • added lovelace alarm panel card support
  • added lovelace badges support
  • minor UI changes
    Please test it and let me know how it goes and as always looking forward to hear any ideas you may have regarding improving and making Ariela the best Android Home Assistant client.

Make sure that Pie isnt optimizing the app.

Good point I’ll check that out

Hi,
Below you can see a printscreen of my phone.
Could it be possible to change the size of the status displaying? And could it also be possible to translate those statuses? Like home,away,…

Also when opening Ariela, could it be possible to change the order of the cards showing? Using only the Lovelace UI and not the Web UI.

Greetings

Hi just a quick one, my Nest thermostat doesn’t appear in the app but is on the web ui

When you add a a widget it offers the possibility to change the font size. Maybe that is what you are looking for?

Those statuses can be translated. I will see what i can do about that.

I have great plans for the Lovelace UI, this is something that is on my TODO list.

Please send me a screenshot of the web ui + the nest entry from configuration.yaml + Ariela logs.
In order to send Ariela logs, you will have to go to Ariela → Settings → enable debug mode(you may want to restart the app also). After that open Ariela again and use the contact function, it will automatically attach the logs. Please let me know if you have other questions

Hello all,
A new version has been uploaded to playstore
What’s new:

• fixed crash while entering settings

Slight typo there, “hope Wi-Fi” instead of “home Wi-Fi”.

Thank you, it will be fixed in the next version.

I turned off battery Optimisation for Ariela and still I have a huge lag when I try to toggle hue bulbs using a widget. Just wondering if anyone has this working on a pixel 2?

Cheers and thanks for your hard work.

I will send today a debug version to investigate what’s wrong. Btw, on which version you are running now?

Thanks mate, I’m on 1.2.4.1 I will update to the latest one when I get home.

Hello everybody,
Version 1.2.4.3 is out.
What’s new:

• added support for Light lovelace card
  • fix issue with default view when using lovelace UI
  • small other fixes

Please test it and let me know how it works.

Upgraded to 0.84.1
After that I switched on the “raw config editor” and paste my lovelace yaml file into it.

After that it’s not possible to use Ariela in eather other way. Tried different settings, but doesn’t seem to work. Ariela opens and it keeps loading.

Does somebody know what to do?

you can enable web-ui in the setting

Hi, i’m running with 0.84.1, Lovelace in yaml mode and last version of Ariela. On web side my frontend is good but in the app i only can see first two panels of lovelace and in my panels don’t see all devices.
i can’t understand the problem…
below web and app example: