Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

Never mind. I’ve tried a phew times now… seems to be working fine again. Have a good new year everyone!

Looking at the Device_tracker again. I think @Ionut, you may need to create a component for the Ariela device tracker as without a ‘platform’ to specify how to handle the information, HA never marks the device as away.

Looking at the state data using node-red, I can see a last_updated value but that is equal to the time I switched off the WiFi, but of course the state is still ‘home’ as there is nothing to switch it to away.

[Edit] Actually, it looks like Ariela is not updating the data as, once the WiFi is back on, the last_updated figure is not updated in line with the update frequency as set in the app and stays equal to the time it reconnected as WiFi is switched on. (this is really easy to see using Node-Red).

Glad to hear its working.

Can you share the logs so i can investigate them? Thank you

Great job on this app, exactly what I was looking for.

Looking at the Device_tracker again. I think @Ionut, you may need to create a component for the Ariela device tracker

I second this as it will also allow more flexibility. I’m looking to be able to pull the location on demand, or to make an automation to stop tracking when battery is under xx%.

One more request regarding Wear OS. It seems that Ariela is just pulling out the list of all the entity. Could you created a setting to allow the user to select which entity will show on Wear OS ?

Thank you, i am glad you like it.

I will see what i can do about this, but it will require a lot of work :smiley:

Yes, that can be done. In the future it should display as tabs & views (same like the phone app).

1 Like

I emailed a log re the app not reconnecting yesterday so that should help.

Have a look at the status using the Node-Red websockets node - it is very revealing!

Hey there,

Love the app, just have to issues.

I cannot scroll along the menu at the top when using webui mode as I prefer my custom Lovelace layout.

Also I am getting this data in my MQTT

{“level”:96,“voltage”:“4163 mV”,“temperature”:“28.8”,“status”:“discharging”,“power”:“Unplugged”,“health”:“good”,“technology”:“Li-ion”}

But adding this sensor I am getting no data

• platform: mqtt
    name: “Note 8 Battery”
    state_topic: “homeassistant/sensor/android_galaxy_note8_battery/state”
    unit_of_measurement: ‘%’
    value_template: “{{value_json.level}}”
    json_attributes:
    • voltage
    • temperature
    • status
    • power
    • health
    • technology

I have tried various value templates with no luck.

Thanks for any help

Hi I have the big problem in the Ariela Pro last ver idownloaded in Play Store and configurate all and Auth ok but Ariela not load UI! My device is Honor View 10 Android 8.0 I have Hassbian Raspberry 3B+ I have Duckdns SSL protocol and Api Password and Trusted Auth Login but I access in Ariela but stuck in load UI Screenshot_20181231-084652|250x500 please help

Hello,
First of all thanks for this application!
But I miss something before moving to the paid version.

Lovelace UI:

• [BUG or FEATURE] Lists are not displayed
  • [BUG] The shutters (up / down) do not work
  • [FEATURE] Zoom when clicking on a camera

Is the paid version already corrected?

I will add this feature to my TODO list.

If you are getting this then at least you should see the entity in the developer tools or in lovelace UI (unused entties). Can you confirm that you the entity is there?

I already responded via email, please use the web login instead of API password in order to work

Thank you, i am glad you like the app.

1. what do you mean by lists are not displayed?
  2. by shutters do you mean covers?
  3. I will add this to my TODO list :smiley:

The Entity shows up but just as Unknown for the status.

Thanks

1. the shopping list Shopping list - Home Assistant
  2. Yes covers
  3. thank you very much
  1. The shopping list lovelace card is not yet supported by app, but it i will add this to my TODO list
  2. are the covers working on the HA web? also can you send me the logs from Ariela in order to investigate this issue?

I see, then it seems that the update state is never called. Can you send me some logs so i can investigate from Ariela?

Hello,
Yes everything works on the HA web.
What exactly do you want me to help you?
Sorry for my English, I’m french.

Open Ariela → Settings and enable debug mode. After you enable this mode you can restart the app. After you open the application again, just try to use the covers few times. Once you do that, use the contact option : it should open the email client (if not choose your email client), and automatically attach the log files. Please let me know if you have any problems regarding this.
Thank you.

Thanks for the replies. Seems like after looking into it didnt have the right ‘’ around it. I was editing on my phone.

Still having big issues with device tracking. In general it seems like the devices sometimes only updates hassio when I open the app. To me it seems like the app deep sleeps and never phones home. So pinging the devices over wifi gives better presence detection. I have to manually open the app every time I want to update my location. And If I choose the auto-reconnect feature it drains the battery and makes the phone throw a warning every 6-7 seconds that Ariela Pro is “slowing down the phone”, im guessing it fails to deep sleep as expected. All three phones in the family behaves more or less the same way. Right now im at work updated like it should, but my kid and wife still show up home, and last update from Ariela was last night when I opened the app. Am I still missing something? Sending logs again.
The way I have set them up: first connect to local ip then turn off wifi and set up duck dns as external. Turn off permanent notification and on device tracker, everything else is default.

So it works now right? :smiley:

Be sure that Ariela is not “optimized” by the phone power saving. If you are using Android O or later the system will only allow Ariela starting every 15 minutes or so in the background if the permanent notification is not enabled(this means Ariela is not running). The autoreconnect function will only run when the Ariela get’s disconnected. The only way to keep Ariela running at all time is enabling permanent notification, so could you please try with this option enabled? Also, closing the app by pressing the Home button is not actually closing and its not something that i recommend. It is better if you enable permanent notification and exit the app by using the back button :slight_smile: Could you please try and let me know how it works?

@Ionut I have a problem with sending notifications with tag to Ariela using a script. The script looks like this:

notify:
    sequence:
      service: notify.android
      data_template:
        title: '{{ title }}'
        data:
          message_type: notification
          tag: '{{ tag | int }}'

The script is run in automations:

- service: script.notify
  data_template:
    title: 'Title test'
    tag: 112

And I have in HA log error:

019-01-02 09:43:49 WARNING (SyncWorker_13) [custom_components.notify.fcm-android] 112 is not a valid integer, no tag will be used

Maybe the fcm-android component should try to convert the tag to integer?