Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

Hi @Ionut I was wonderring if it was possible to add the same function as the Fully Kiosk app has.
I’m thinking about using your app on my tablets as well, but I really like way the Kiosk app works with the Motion detection on the camera. Unfortunately, when using the Kiosk app the site becomes black and I can’t use some of the features. I happens really often, so it kinda frustrates me. With your app I haven’t come across this.

I don’t know if anyone else have asked for this, but it could be a nice thing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please check the private PM.

Nobody asked for this until now, but i will see what can be implemented and add to my TODO list.

2 Likes

Sounds good. I really could see this app do the job for me. Of course I would need other setting afterwards, such as Screensaver etc. But thanks for looking into it :smile:

Yeah it does, Thanks.

I am glad to hear that. Please let me know if you have other problems.

ok will try enabling permanent notification. Should be clearer from the documentation that tracking only works with permanent notification. Its kind of a big PITA to have the permanent notification, so I really hope a fix for that is planed?

Until Android O, the tracking will still work even if the application is closed or not running in background (permanent notification). Starting Android O, because of Google new method of running things in the Android, the minimum time which Ariela can send an update without running in the background (with permanent notification) is 15 minutes.
Unfortunately the most that could be done has been done, but i will do more research :frowning:

Hello all,

First version on 2019 is out (version 1.2.5.2)
What’s new:

• added support for input_datetime entities
  • show full screen capture of camera entities while clicking
  • small other fixes

Please test it and let me know how it goes and as always please let me know any issues / recommendations / features.

1 Like

@Ionut The App will now not open at all

I just uploaded a new version of Ariela that should fix the crash. Sorry for inconvenience.

So it seems that device tracker still does not work on any of my devices.

Not sure what to try next. App is running in the background, it just disconnects from hassio and does not reconnect until I open the app.

Good work !
full screen capture of camera works perfectly.
Thank, I’m just waiting for the correction for my covers and shopping list.

Good to hear that. The covers issue i am investigating, the shopping list i cannot make it even to work on web version. It shows in the UI but it cannot add new items (not sure why). :)) Anyway, once i figure it out how it works it will be implemented

1 Like

I have some problems with the detection of the internal/external networks. It seems that Ariela does not delete the configured home-wifi-networks correctly.

Scenario
I’ve configured Ariela in a not-home-wifi (let’s call it “Work-Guest”) with a VPN tunnel, so i could use the local IP. Ariela added the wifi “Work-Guest” automatically to my home-wifi-networks in the settings, so I deleted it.
But now, when I’m in the not-home-wifi (“Work-Guest”), Ariela tries to contact HA via the local IP, instead of the external one. So it assumes I’m home, even if the wifi is not in the home-wifis list in the settings.

Except from the logs
01-03 12:25:07.885 10719 10719 D HA_Utils: isWifiHomeConnection: getExtraInfo = null sn = Work-Guest
01-03 12:25:07.885 10719 10719 D HA_Utils: isWifiHomeConnection: trying to get wifi name from wifi manager
01-03 12:25:07.888 10719 10719 D HA_Utils: isWifiHomeConnection: wifi ssid from wifi info = “Work-Guest”
01-03 12:25:07.888 10719 10719 D HA_DBSettings: getStringProperty: key = ha_home_networks

Reinstalling the app and configuring the local IP via VPN, while I’m not inside a wifi, solved this for me.

Edit: In addition to this, even while i was not connected to a wifi network while configuring Ariela thorugh the mobile network and the VPN, Ariela added an “unknown ssid” wifi network to my home-wifi list I had to delete. Maybe because I was connected to the “Work-Guest” wifi at the first start of Ariela, I’m not sure. But in my opinion it would be better if people can add their home-wifis manually instead of adding them automatically to avoid such “magic” :slight_smile:

Thank you. I have in plan simplifying the setup process / home wi-fi’s etc so this type of issue should be fixed soon.

Hello all,

Little teaser: seems that Ariela has some TODO list: :smiley:

1 Like

Hello all,
Version 1.2.5.3 is out.
What’s new:

• added shopping-list support
  • minor UI changes
  • added ambient temperature MQTT sensor
  • added pressure MQTT sensor
  • fixed issue when input date & time advanced dialog didn’t update
1 Like

Cannot get it to connect. Autodiscover will not find my server (is port 8123 on local network, only https thou).
After using the manual ip:port server is fount. But neither token nor api_password is working. Got only one time a successful and right away a connection lost information.

Log:
2019-01-03 22:40:30 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.1875897776] Error handling message: {‘event_type’: ‘state_changed’, ‘type’: ‘subscribe_events’, ‘id’: 2}
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/connection.py”, line 66, in async_handle
handler(self.hass, self, schema(msg))
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py”, line 102, in handle_subscribe_events
if not connection.user.is_admin:
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘is_admin’
2019-01-03 22:40:30 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.1875897776] Error handling message: {‘event_type’: ‘call_service’, ‘type’: ‘subscribe_events’, ‘id’: 3}
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/connection.py”, line 66, in async_handle
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py”, line 102, in handle_subscribe_events
if not connection.user.is_admin:
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘is_admin’
2019-01-03 22:40:30 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.1875897776] Error handling message: {‘type’: ‘get_states’, ‘id’: 4}
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py”, line 161, in handle_get_states
entity_perm = connection.user.permissions.check_entity
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘permissions’
2019-01-03 22:40:30 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.1875897776] Error handling message: {‘type’: ‘get_states’, ‘id’: 5}
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py”, line 161, in handle_get_states
entity_perm = connection.user.permissions.check_entity
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘permissions’

The discover will only work if the server is running on http and not https.
Can you try the weblogin please and let me know how it works? Also if you are using HA version 0.78 or greater i do not recommend using the api_password authentication (Ariela also can not work properly).
Please test the web login option and let me know the result.
Thank you,
Ionut

Thanks for the clarification. Weblogin was only a white page. But all of a sudden without having api_password configured and using the token, the connection was successful. No more errors in the log.
Played a litte with the settings and choose WebUI in the settings. Now the app is only white with no option to change it back. Any idea?

Edit: got the failure: If you enter one space after the ip:port, it will say server found, but the following password/token will not work.

1 Like