Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client - Updates Thread thread has been created. Hopefully there you will going to find only updates that Ariela receives.

Also do not forget about http://ariela.surodev.com/ Here you will find the change log, documentation etc.

1 Like

What is that!? I think we need an SDK add-on that can be installed out of the playstore to get SMS MQTT functionality back! That way we can still update via playstore.

The SMS addon has been removed because Google do not allow apps that have such capabilities but not core functionality to be on store. I will have to think on a method to reenable SMS capabilities.

WHAAAAAT?? Android TV support? So you’re telling me that finally I will be able to handle Netflix/Amazon Prime Video and Kodi/Plex status in my automations? If that’s the case you’re awesome!

I have a couple questions/notes for you:

• Do you think it’s possible to handle the Custom Notifier plugin, if we update it to use our existing firebase app? I was thinking about the possibility to define in the options the API key and stuff like that, or it’s impossible to define it at run-time?

• It seems that home assistant is not supporting json_attributes anymore for sensor, but instead it wants a json_attributes_topic array. Sensors still work, but it’s going to be deprecated soon

• Sometimes when I get back home, Ariela connect to the wifi and switch to the local address, but it still shows as away due to the gps signal, so some automation relying on “home” status don’t work immediately: do you think it’s possible to trigger a “home” status if the above condition is satisfied?

• Do you think it’s possible to add the option to have Ariela starts automatically after a phone restart?

You will be able to start apps from your HA, you will be able to suspend / start your Android TV and many more.

What do you mean by existing firebase app? I suppose i could modify HANotify component to accept API key per device.

I know about this, new version(which i hope i will release today will have support for the new json_attributes_topic.

If that’s the case just add all your home wifi’s (Ariela → Settings-> Home Wifi). If your phone will going to connect to one of those networks it will tell HA that you are home.

I will add this to my TODO list.

That’s awesome! Looking forward to it!

I’ll double check because I was sure I did that. Anyway, it’s just a small delay every once in a while, not a big deal :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hello all,

Version 1.2.6.1 is out.
What’s new:

Version 1.2.6.1
Release date: 13 January 2019

• MQTT Screen switch (ability to sleep / wake up device)
  • support for new json_attributes_topic MQTT (HA version 0.85 and higher)
  • handle SSL in web ui mode
  • make picture glance elements more visible
  • small other fixes

Please test it and let me know how it goes.

Nice a.f!
Just purchased it and its way snappier on this old “device/display”
2 Wishes:

1: When activating / Deaktivating the alarm panel - Delete the code after hitting the arm/disarm buttons
2: (meight be already implemented, just cant find ) a kiosk/fullscreen mode

Glad you like it and thank you for the support.

It will be available in the next version.

1 Like

Sorry but something is wrong here with both Ariela and it’s developer !

Ionut… By now you should either be ignoring posts in this thread, or giving one line RTFM replies. You should not be positively encouraging enhancements and adding new features and not be so polite and in such a great mood ! :wink::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But seriously… the progress of this app, and the approach and support by yourself as the developer is really refreshing - well done and I hope this project garners all the success it deserves.

Everyone who uses this app should be using the Pro version…(and there’s always Patreon too)

1 Like

I agree that @Ionut is really doing an awesome job, and obviously tracking this thread will be hard for him as there are a lot of requests for info and new functionalities.
How do you suggest we could handle this though?

Ahh - my second paragraph above was meant as ‘tongue in cheek’ if you know that expression or ironic perhaps…

What I was trying to say was that is how a typical developer would be reacting after 1000+ posts and yet Ionut isn’t feeling like that at all ! It’s hard to convey that in a forum, I’ve added a wink emoji.

He seems to already do a brilliant job with his ‘todo’ list currently but it must be very long.

Hehehe sorry, not a native english speaker so I missed the irony I think :slight_smile:

I agree on everything you said: @Ionut is really a great dev (and as a dev myself I’m dead serious): being so polite and always keen on adding new features is amazing.

And I will use the Patreon link as well, because he really deserves it.

@Ionut
I just updated Ariela Pro to 1.2.6.1. How to use this new Screen switch feature? I can’t find any instruction for this

Hi,

Sorry i didn’t added any instructions, i will add on the next version. About usage, you can just add it to a group and use it (you will have to find its id : HA server Web UI -> Developer tools -> States).
Please let me know if you have any other questions.

You are right, but saying RTFM not my style, at least not yet :stuck_out_tongue:
I am glad you like the progress of the app, i am too and i think Ariela can be considered to have the same features (maybe more) as the iOS counter part and be the best Android HA client. And this was in a very short time.

Regarding PRO & Patreon. As everybody know there were Android clients before, clients which most of them has no development anymore, and this happened most of the time because there were no funds made from those apps. Ariela is a project that i really enjoy working on, but i still need to support myself. So i work on Ariela mostly in my spare time and weekends. What i want is to have a full time commitment in Ariela development but for that to happen, Ariela must give enough funds so i can sustain.
And to be transparent here are some stats regarding how many money Ariela did:
Ads: 3-4 $ / per month
Pro: 250 installs x 4 $, and 40% taken by Google :smiley:

Anyway, i will not give up, i don’t get discourage and i will make Ariela be the best HA client.

I create a new thread, and all the updates will be posted there. Bugs and issues will still be posted here. I will create also a Facebook page of the app, or maybe even a group so user can post there the problems.

Thank you and indeed is a very TODO list but doable one :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @Ionut ,

I’m trying to configure bluetooth sensors, but I think that your example isn’t the way to add this new format. I receive this error:

Invalid config for [sensor.mqtt]: value should be a string for dictionary value @ data['json_attributes_topic']. Got ['name', 'mac', 'discovered_devices']. (See ?, line ?). Please check the docs at https://home-assistant.io/components/sensor.mqtt/

I know about this. I will revert to json_attributes only and in the future (1-2 weeks from now) i will add support for json_attributes_topic too.

Hello all,

Version 1.2.6.2 is out.
What’s new:

• added apps mqtt sensor (ability to view phone installed apps)
  • added application start ability (now you can use HA to start a phone from app)
  • input_select view UI changes
  • revert mqtt sensors to use json_attributes instead of json_attributes_topic
  • added full screen option (Kiosk mode)

Example of starting Kodi from Home Assistant:

Sensor documentation: http://ariela.surodev.com/2019/01/14/apps-mqtt-sensor/

Please test it and let me know how it works.
Thank you.

Great update as always, I just made a reddit post on /r/homeassistant because it seems that everyone doesnt know this awesome app exists.

Could you possibly be able to change set your phones volume with the app in a future update?