Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

In this latest change, I can no longer open the app when using lovelace (and non-webUI). As soon as I uncheck webui, it crashes and now I can’t open it at all, it just crashes straight away.

Is turning on debug mode, and then switching off webui mode going to capture anything usable? I wont be able to turn on debug to capture a start up crash. To get back into the app I need to wipe its setting and start again.

Hello,
I found the issue and i fixed it.

Version 1.2.8.8 is out.
What’s new:

• fixed application crash

Hello,

The “Ariela” app is really good and works great too. I can start Netflix via HA on my Yoga Tablet. Unfortunately, I can not start “Youtube” via HA, “Youtube” is not listed in the “Sensors” in HA, but “Netflix” is ​​listed here. Is there something blocked by Google?

For answers or tips I would be grateful

Hey guys, today I got my first wear os smart watch and installed the Ariela app. Unfortunately, when I open the app it says

Failed to connect to URL =

It won’t let me configure the server first

Same here, I deleted the app so I could reinstall it but now I can’t find it anywhere.

I also couldn’t find it in the play store. It took a while to appear again as installed on my phone

What do you mean that it wont let you configure server. Can you post a screenshot or something similar?

Youtube should be listed too. I will investigate and let you know.

I installed the app, started and then it shows this

Thanks, now i see. Did you installed Ariela on your phone also? If not please do it and let me know if works.
If you installed it, it seems that Ariela didnt exchanged connection information with the phone app.

I have a similar behavior. It seems that the watch is always trying to connect to hass external server address. When I’m connected to my local network with my phone and my watch connected by Bluetooth to it, I have the "failed to connect url " message ASA nice with my external server address written which normal as my external address is not accessible from my local Network.
On the other hand Ariela on wear os never connect to my local hass ip.

It could well be my cheap a$$ android phone, but when trying to use the alarm panel and enter the code, the keyboard only appears briefly and i am unable to enter code.
not a deal breaker or anything, just wondering if anyone had seen anything similar

other than that the app works brilliantly, well done @Ionut

I already had it installed on my phone.
But as @MomoB mentioned, I haven’t configured an external url. Isnt it possible to use the local url on wifi like the app?

It will be on the next release.

Nice, thanks. I hope it will work then :slight_smile:

Thank you, looking forward to it.

Ah! Missed that the keyboard inserted a last space after autocomplete of the port. Since connection was successful but not login I did not even consider it. Thanks for the hint!

That list is very helpful but my picture-entity doesn’t show up at all in the app. What am I doing wrong?

I will add this fix to my TODO list.

That’s strange. Please send me you picture glance card configuration so i could check.

Hello everybody,

Do not forget that you can also use https://github.com/MCrissDev/Ariela/issues in order to report issues / ideas for improvement.

Also, at http://ariela.surodev.com/ you can find useful documentation, change log etc.
Thank you very much for the support.