Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

There is no video yet, but maybe i could do one in the future.

Please send me the logs so i can investigate. Note that its possible that the NFC tags are redirected to another app if its set to be default one which handle NFC tags.

Yes, data will be send even if screen is off.

1 Like

Hi, I have MQTT bluetooth tracking enabled. How would i go about converting/adding the detected BT devices to the known_devices.yaml so that each detected BT device can have its own entity instead of just being listed as [object Object]?

Edit:
it looks like I see a possibility to edit the example template from http://ariela.surodev.com/2019/01/08/bluetooth/ to have something similar to
{{ trigger.payload_json.discovered_devices[0].mac = 'aa.bb.cc.dd.ee.ff' }} ?

Yes you can have something like that, but not that mac address is “:” separated , not “.”. Eg: “aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff”

Haven’t used this for a while but looking at it now it appears to have developed really well!

The one thing that’s missing for me, is being able to change Ariela settings via MQTT. You can do this with zanzito. It means I can turn GPS logging down to minimal when I’m at home, and up to every 5 seconds when I’m approaching a zone (such as work). This can help remove false positives from other automations that rely on my arrival in a zone [mainly notifying my wife that I’ve arrived at work, etc].

It’s a great feature; but not one Ican currently see how to implement in Ariela. Is it something you might consider?

Thanks,

James

Yes,
Now i am currently working on a 2 way MQTT comunication:

1. use Home Assistant to sent / receive MQTT data
  2. use build in MQTT client to send / receive data.

Plan is to support almost all features that zanzito has (excepting ones that rely on SMS / Phone functions)
Please let me know if you have any other questions

Hello all,

Version 1.2.9.2 is out.
What’s new

• NEW: Dark Green theme
  • apply progress theme color for thermostat / light lovelace cards
  • apply chart color based on the theme selected (sensor lovelace card)
  • small UI updates in thermostat advanced controls
  • ui updates in the MQTT sensors screen
  • fixed device tracker issue when device name ended with “_”

NOTE: PLEASE CHECK IF YOUR DEVICE NAME ENDS WITH “_” IN KNOWN_DEVICES.YAML, AND IF DOES PLEASE REMOVE THAT CHARACTER, ELSE THE DEVICE TRACKER WILL FAIL TO UPDATE. THIS CHANGE WAS INTRODUCED BY HOME ASSISTANT AS DEPRECATED.

1 Like

A question about Hassio version 0.88, I’ve come across a problem with - I think, the location of the addon of the notifier and was wondering if you knew a fix on this? Error throws out;

Integrations need to be in their own folder. Change notify/fcm-android.py to fcm-android/notify.py. This will stop working soon.

I see this is a new thing to 0.88 and don’t others having this issue?

Thanks

Dave

Hello Dave, now i noticed it too.

What you have to do is:

1. in custom_components folder create a new folder called: “fcm-android”
  2. copy fcm-android.py script to fcm-android folder and rename the script to “notify.py”
  3. /custom_components/notify/ -> Delete the notify folder after you did similar steps for all other custom notify components.

I will update the https://github.com/MCrissDev/HANotify repository with these instructions.
Please let me know if works.

1 Like

Works a dream.

Again, as always - LOVING your work glad to be a bug reporter (going on my CV!!!)

One more question - you know much about templates? I want a battery sensor to show two images depending on the device being on charge nor not? Thought I’d test my luck as I use this app to now track battery status (still looking forward to native device tracking to replace life360) and you’re pretty clued up!

Eitherway - Thanks for the help, gonna point this out to a few other devs!

Dave.

Glad to hear that worked my suggestion.
About icon, maybe something like this will work:

icon_template: >-
          {% if is_state('sun.sun', 'above_horizon') %}
            mdi:weather-sunny
          {% else %}
            mdi:weather-night
          {% endif %}

But i like this idea and i will modify Ariela to have different icons for MQTT battery sensors while charging :smiley:

Haha yeah that’s what I meant. Was sleepy when typing that.
Any ways,
I tried this using the following automation:

- id: '1547281634013'
  alias: test BT
  trigger:
  - platform: mqtt
    topic: homeassistant/sensor/android_austin_phone_bluetooth/state
  condition:
  - condition: template
    value_template: >
      {{ trigger.payload_json.discovered_devices[0].mac == '69:1E:E5:BA:C6:3F' }}
  action:
  - data:
      title: Device discovery
      notification_id: '2612'
    service: persistent_notification.create

And I am receiving the following error when it fires:
Error during template condition: UndefinedError: list object has no element 0

Not sure if this even should be asked here or if this is a whole different topic.

Maybe you should check the list size being greater then 0. Also Ariela do not guarantee that devices discovered will have always same position, so you may want to check other items in the list too.

Perfect!

For anyone else that wants to use this in lovelace;

- platform: template
    sensors:
      r3m0dul8_battery_state:
        friendly_name: r3m0dul8 Battery State
        value_template: >-
          {{ states.sensor.r3m0dul8_battery_sensor.attributes["power"] }}
        icon_template: >-
          {% if is_state('sensor.r3m0dul8_battery_state', 'AC') %}
            mdi:power-plug
          {% else %}
            mdi:power-plug-off
          {% endif %}
1 Like

Wear still has same error as before that it doesnt connect to url, the latest update didn’t fix the old issue.

Can you uninstall / installl the app on the wear device and let me know if works?

I am still enjoying this but I think I need to turn auto updates off as you update so often that almost every time my phone loses connection with my HA after an update. :smile:
It wont update MQTT location/battery info etc on my or my wife’s phones. It’s fixed just by opening the app and letting it connect.

Other than that, I find it quite reliable as my only location tracking system.

Hmmm… then i will do updates 2 times per day :stuck_out_tongue:

Please send me the logs along with phone information (android version).

I am glad to hear that.

Hello all,

Version 1.2.9.3 is out:
What’s new:

• NEW: added build in MQTT client
  • added german localization
  • optimise the auto-reconnect option
  • change MQTT battery sensor icon according to charging status
  • apply app theme to server configuration screens

Hi @Ionut,

The last few days, I was having some issue with Device tracker feature. I configured my Home WiFi, but sometimes HA shows me like 400 meters away, when I’m at home. Is there any way to add some config like owntracks, where you can define the max_gps_accuracy ?

Another thing, could you investigate about put a “clear cache” feature for people who use Web UI + Lovelace ?

Thanks for all, Ariela is a really good app !

I will see what i can do about this.
LE: its a little bit strange, what really happens is that if Ariela is connected to a home wifi network, it will ignore the GPS coordinates and it will use the “zone.home” coordinates (marking you in this way as home). Can you check if “zone.home” entity coordinates are correct?

This feature it will be ready somewhere next week. Just want to reorganize the application Settings and i think i can squeeze this feature too.