Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

Hello everybody,

I have a curiosity regarding picture-elements in Ariela: would be fine if for example if the picture-elements do not fit in the UI to have let say some scrollbars that will enable scrolling?

Im using an mqtt docker container for my broker. Anyone do the same and have it exposed? Can it be done in nginx and a subdomain?

@Ionut I get this error every few minutes. I deleted the app for test and the error has gone, installed back and the error is back:
ssl.SSLError: [SSL: KRB5_S_INIT] application data after close notify (_ssl.c:2605)
2019-03-19 11:55:49 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: SSL error errno:1 reason: KRB5_S_INIT
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “uvloop/sslproto.pyx”, line 504, in uvloop.loop.SSLProtocol.data_received
File “uvloop/sslproto.pyx”, line 204, in uvloop.loop._SSLPipe.feed_ssldata
File “uvloop/sslproto.pyx”, line 189, in uvloop.loop._SSLPipe.feed_ssldata
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/ssl.py”, line 767, in unwrap
return self._sslobj.shutdown()

Don’t think its related to Ariela from what i found here: Error doing job: SSL error errno:1 reason: KRB5_S_INIT · Issue #21270 · home-assistant/core · GitHub
Still, i will do some investigations.

I am working on supporting nginx currently. Hopefully very soon i will have an update for it.

Hello all,
Version 1.3.1.1. is out
What’s new:

• fixed issue with sending MQTT step counter data
  • fixed badges issue when the image is not properly displayed
  • other improvements
3 Likes

This is why my family doesn’t want smart lights in the rest of the house. They think I’ll play with them too much! hahaha.

1 Like

This is an amazing app so far good work :slight_smile:

If this app could support android auto for notifications that would be amazing. Not sure if or how it could be done as im not a dev but iv been wanting something for in car notifications for a while.

So tried to use this app but when I get to adding username and password I get “failed to authenticate”. Is there something I need to do on the hassio side to allow it access?

Have you tried the weblogin also?

After hassio update it worked. So all good now.

Is it normal that when I leave the application (with the persistent notification off) I stop getting notifications from HANotify component? It seems to me that receiving notifications should work as a constantly active service.

Using HANotify, you should receive notifications (i just checked) even if you have Ariela closed.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t work in this way for me. I tried many times. In general, something recently happens with FCM notifications. Notifications from HTML5 Push component aren’t delivered when the phone has turned screen off.

I have a problem with HTML5 notifications only working when the screen is on too. I believe it may be caused by aggressive power saving features of some Android phones (Huawei in my case)

Yes, the way Android do the power management can interfere with that. Still, i am a little confused: FCM Notifications or HTML5 ones? Ariela do not have support for HTML5 notifications

1 Like

HANotify component and Home Assistant HTML5 component use Firebase Cloud Messaging. For several weeks there are problems with notifications from the HANotify and HTML5. Problems do not only affect me. Problems occur on the phones of OnePlus, Huawei, LG. Perhaps it is a matter of too aggressive energy saving in phones but earlier it worked well.

2 Likes

Hello everybody,
Version 1.3.1.2 is out
What’s new:

• improved device tracker updates period
  • improved widgets response
  • NEW: show confirm logout dialog (usefull for accidental press)
2 Likes

Hello everybody,
Version 1.3.1.3 is out.
What’s new

• NEW: support for Nabu Casa server connection
  • fixed application crash at startup
  • add user agent to web login
  • support for Baidu TTS
  • updated Polish localization
2 Likes

I would love some ibeacon support in the future to get rid of owntracks. :slight_smile: