Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

Thank you for the suggestion, i already have this on my TODO list

1 Like

How do I use the Nabu Casa remote connection? It fails to connect when I enter the URL in the external URL adress field.

I have DuckDNS set up and portforwarding working so I know the server is reachable.

EDIT:
It works if use the external Nabu Casa URL as the local address. Not entirely logical, but good enough I guess :slight_smile:
EDIT2:
Actually, not quite. The URL is appended with a shortcut to the Lovelace UI, which doesn’t quite work. I suspect I am still doing something wrong.

Yes, if you put that address in the external server configuration, if you do not put port 443 also it will not work. This issue will be fixed in the next release, sorry for inconvenience :smiley:

Hmm…can you share the URL is used via PM (do not forget to obfuscate the important part from URL :P)
Thank you.

I can confirm that that using the Nabu Casa URL with port 443 works as intended as external server :slightly_smiling_face:

For some reason I can’t reproduce the error with using the Nabu Casa URL for the local server. Might have been a cache issue then.

The issue will be fixed on next release :slight_smile:

Just a quick suggestion for an app feature.

Currently, tapping on any camera in the app shows the access token for the camera. It could be more useful If an enlarged live view was shown instead. Thanks for your work on this app, Ionut.

Hello,
I am glad you like the app. Can you tell me the entity type you are setting up the camera: for example if you have camera in a entities type card, or glance it will show the camera in a full screen mode.

Any chance that we can get the FIND/FIND3 integration on Ariela? FIND is awesome and can be used with MQTT, hands down easiest and best indoor positioning there is for HA without spending a single dime on hardware or overly complicated methods.
Zanzito used to have this FIND integration (when device detects home WiFi) but no longer works.

Thank you for the suggestion, i have this already on my TODO list :smiley:

Thanks Ionut for a superb app.
Everything I wanted works/integrates OK. But I am stuck on a stupid problem: how to send a TTS message to phone with mixed payload from HA? Text reads out OK with proper triggering but can not figure out how to insert sensor data into payload template- TTS simply reads out everything as punctuation but no sensor data.
Thanks in advance , JR

The MQTT Camera sensor broke with the last update (1.3.1.2 Build 2019-03-21 18:36:06).

It used to work fine, it just used to take a little bit too long to retrieve the camera picture (sometimes a few minutes, definitely not network related. Maybe MQTT isn’t designed for transferring images) and showed some errors that the messages were maxed out… but now I get this error and doesn’t work at all:

2019-03-25 22:25:47 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.camera] camera.galaxynotefe_front_camera does not support play stream service

So by looking at it you already know I am using Galaxy Note Fan Edition, could it be device related?

While being a pretty cool sensor I didn’t find it really useful and it could be neat if I could really stream a live image.

Thank you JR, i am glad you like the app. Can you explain a little bit more what kind of information’s you want to put to the TTS? Maybe if Ariela create a TTS sensor for Home Assistant, and update its value with the recognized text will do the trick?

I suppose you are having this behavior with the latest Home Assistant? I will do some investigations and see what i can do about it.

Hello guys,
Is Ariela such a bad app. Just look at the reviews i get in the past days:

Ariela has so many ads…

These i believe are brothers and see webview’s everywhere…

And my favorite: Ariela caused to make user lost all its data

Anyway, just wanted to ask you: is Ariela such a bad app exactly like in these reviews or someone wants users not to install Ariela, because its actually a very good app?

I don’t use Android but I am very sorry you are experiencing this.

Sadly many non-technical folks decide that instead to learn something new and participate in the community to help it grow and improve; they shit all over the developers on any small issue and lash out like you’ve experienced.

Even though I don’t use your app I still very much appreciate that you are working to help the entire project grow by filling in the “gaps” of functionality.

Thanks for the hard work; and don’t let the idiots get you down :wink:

Ariela is great app, in constant develpoment but actually pretty stable for daily usage.

I buyed pro version to support Developer and with Ariela I do not need tasker, autonotication, autolocation and so on.

Please don’t trust those review.

I’ve been using it with great success for a while now. I get an occasional certificate error but it doesn’t impede anything at all it seems. I wouldn’t buy into it crashing and erasing people’s data. Those reviews look very fake.

Those kind of reviews can’t let me down and it will not let me down. Ariela will have many other features implemented, bugs fixed and it will be the only Android app people will wanna going to use for Home Assistant. :smiley:

Thank you very much for the nice words and also for supporting the app , i really appreciate.

Yes, i was think on those being fake reviews also. What i do not understand why someone wants to do that?

[Solved] My bad, had to use

data_template: instead of data:

Thanks for prompt response :slight_smile:
Trying to send something like that to Ariela via MQTT:
topic: homeassistant/tts/android_repsp10_tts/tts
payload_template: Indoor temperature is {{ states.sensor.vana_maja.attributes.Toas }} degrees Celsius.
Text is read out OK but not sensor value. HA debug log shows proper conversion:
2019-03-25 18:50:02 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt] Transmitting message on homeassistant/tts/android_repsp10_tts/tts: Indoor temperature is 15.9 degrees Celsius. 2019-03-25 18:50:02 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt] Received message on homeassistant/tts/android_repsp10_tts/tts: b'Indoor temperature is 15.9 degrees Celsius.'
Ariela log shows not converted data:
03-25 18:50:00.936 19645 19828 I TextToSpeech: Set up connection to ComponentInfo{ee.eki.ekisynt/ee.eki.ekisynt.EKISpeakService}
03-25 18:50:00.937 19645 19645 E HA_TTSMqttSensor: TTSMqttSensor: This Language is not supported
03-25 18:50:02.818 19645 19673 D HA_HassWebSocket: onMessage: message = {“event”: {“event_type”: “call_service”, “context”: {“user_id”: “a839ea0f095445aeaff7b722647bb3e4”, “parent_id”: null, “id”: “4fbc58f06f0e4d65aae68b7041a8a1ab”}, “data”: {“domain”: “mqtt”, “service_data”: {“payload_template”: “Indoor temperature is {{ states.sensor.vana_maja.attributes.Toas }} degrees Celsius.”, “topic”: “homeassistant/tts/android_repsp10_tts/tts”}, “service”: “publish”}, “time_fired”: “2019-03-25T16:50:02.861617+00:00”, “origin”: “LOCAL”}, “type”: “event”, “id”: 3}
03-25 18:50:02.819 19645 19673 D HA_MQTTAddon: onMQTTTopicReceived: topic = homeassistant/tts/android_repsp10_tts/tts payload = Indoor temperature is {{ states.sensor.vana_maja.attributes.Toas }} degrees Celsius.

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Sad but true…