Ariston NET and Aqua Ariston NET remotethermo integration

Home Assistant has climate and water_heater for different purposes. Water heater was created based on climate but it does not support an official card like thermostat. I do not have plans to change it to climate, as it is not in fact a climate.
I have created a request to make official thermostat card for water heaters, but i guess it was not prioritized and we have what we have.
I know that some guys used custom cards to control water heaters, but i do not have any details (you would have to look it within forum) and it is more of a general subject of cards and specific entities, not this integration specifically.

1 Like

Thanks for quick reply. Another question are you planning and is it possible to make this integration local? Without need of relaying on Ariston server?

I do not have such plans. The problem is that in my solution i emulate web browser or android phone behavior. And to make local control you need to have some server between the boiler gateway and Ariston server to emulate Ariston server, which involves dedicated hardware and a lot more work. My boiler has dedicated thermostat and gateway, and there were projects on internet where Raspberry Pi was used to emulate E-bus requests between thermostat and the boiler.
So it is possible, but most likely requires additional hardware (unless someone would update boiler/gateway firmware) and i have no idea on which stage the projects are.

1 Like

Hi I have one more question maybe someone know where is the issue. I cannot see energy consumption, everywhere I see 0kWh, where might be the issue? I have Velis WiFi water heater.

Hi, when you say everywhere, do you also mean android application? If yes, then it’s probably boiler not counting consumption for some reason (logic error or some HW sensor issue). If android application shows valid values and HA does not, then it is probably issue in integration code (for your boiler integration simulates android requests and should get/read same data). In case of integration issues ticket should be created on github page.

1 Like

It is also in Ariston application co it might be boiler issue. I will need to call Ariston support than. Thanks for the reply

Hi,

probably I’m wrong something.
I have homeassistant core v 115.6
and Velis evo wifi

I have copied https://github.com/chomupashchuk/ariston-aqua-remotethermo-home-assistant
aquaariston folder and config yalm with username and pwd.

at the start in log I found
"
Error during setup of component aquaariston
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 213, in _async_setup_component
result = await task
File “/usr/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 57, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/aquaariston/init.py”, line 141, in setup
switches=switches,
File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/aquaariston/init.py”, line 101, in init
list_of_sensors = list({*sensors, *binary_sensors, *switches})
TypeError: ‘NoneType’ object is not iterable
"

can you help ?
thanks

OK
i have added optional parameters and seem to work
thanks
Nico

Hi,

probably I’m wrong something.
I Have the lydos Hybrid WIFI and the lastest version of home Assistant .
I have copied https://github.com/chomupashchuk/ariston-aqua-remotethermo-home-assistant
aquaariston folder and config yalm with username and pwd.

at the start in log I found:

File “/config/custom_components/aquaariston/aristonaqua.py”, line 1297, in _control_availability_state
self._get_http_data(request_type)
File “/config/custom_components/aquaariston/aristonaqua.py”, line 1136, in _get_http_data
self._login_session()
File “/config/custom_components/aquaariston/aristonaqua.py”, line 719, in _login_session
if plant_instance[“wheType”] == 1 or plant_instance[“wheModelType”] == 1:
KeyError: ‘wheModelType’

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/threading.py”, line 932, in _bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/threading.py”, line 1254, in run
self.function(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/config/custom_components/aquaariston/aristonaqua.py”, line 1308, in _control_availability_state
raise Exception(“Getting HTTP data has failed”)

can you help ?
thanks
Paolo

the request is sent towards “https://www.ariston-net.remotethermo.com/api/v2/velis/plants?appId=com.remotethermo.velis” which I use to fetch model data and try to mark Velis or Lydos (one controls temperature and another number of showers). Since I had only 2 guys lend their boilers for tests I based checks on received data to distinguish models. It seems that in your case the response data has different structure for some unknown reason.

I need information on received data from api (rest api, where first login is required and then provided above link within the same session) and if the boiler has temperature-based or shower-based control.

1 Like

Hi. Can you explain to me how to request API ariston lydos hybrid? Sorry in English

Hi,

Not sure if I understand the question correctly. Lydos Hybrid support was added recently to https://github.com/chomupashchuk/ariston-aqua-remotethermo-home-assistant

Hi there,first of all great work on this. I’m trying to find a way to set Green mode on daytime and this seems to be the best way to do that.

However I have an issue where eco switch for lydos hybrid seems to always be unavailable, any idea what might be causing that?

Unfortunately I do not have a boiler that uses Ariston Aqua integration and support was included based on provided request traces by Fiddler.
Does Android or IOs version provide options for Eco switch as such (it was available for ordinary Lydos from what I remember)? If it is not included in official application then it shall not work in custom component.

One of the big issues with Ariston Aqua is that each boiler has some (or even all) unique requests used and it is not reported nor documented what works where. So in many cases it is up to you to see if some parts are valid for your boiler or not and compare it with official application, as I have simply simulated parts of requests used by android application and I do not have all of the data on each boiler.

Ah I see, I assumed the Eco mode was the “Green” mode but indeed it does not have an actual “Eco” mode. I managed to get it working using the entity and services tho!

It’s a shame they don’t provide actual documentation that we could use for these type of things.

Hello, I’ve started using Your integration, I have Velis EVO Wifi 80, and it’s working like a charm, good work! Is it possible that this integration could be added as an official one, or maybe in HACS?

Cause it’s common used integration - where I live, most people use Ariston products.
Once again GOOD JOB!

1 Like

Hi.
There are multiple requirements for HACS and official integration (also development environment) and with changes at work I do not have strength to spend too much time on side projects such as this. So unless someone would contribute it might take a lot of time to include or never be done.

1 Like

Hi,

I have just bought an Ariston Veliz Wifi 80 and I am not able to communicate any variables. Could you put your yalm configuration?

Thanks a lot.

Alex.

This is a minimum configuration in configuration.yaml file:

aquaariston:
  username: !secret ariston_username
  password: !secret ariston_password
  type: "velis"

The rest depend on what is in the logs. For example there are already 3 models specified since they have different handling (because Ariston made such a decision) and there is a chance that different revision or model could potentially not work. So start with just basic data at first and if it works then you may add more sensors/switches (some do not work on specific models and should be avoided, e.g. if some sensor is not up in about 10 minutes then most likely it will never be up).

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your quick response. I have registered the minimum that you tell me.

I’m sure I’m doing something wrong, but I don’t know what it could be.

Alex