Ariston NET and Aqua Ariston NET remotethermo integration

Hi,

Logs have to be analized for more details. Integration logs internal events (error, warning, info, debug). The first thing to look for is warnings and errors where “ariston” is being mentioned. If errors indicate “login” error, then probably something is wrong with specified credentials. If there is indication that request failed for “main” then it means that your boiler for some reason has different request structure or URL towards Ariston server than the selected type in configuration.yaml. Please note that integration emulates android/ios requests and if it does not work on the phone then it wont in the integration.

It is possible for me to check connection to your boiler if credentials are provided via mail. It is not a good approach to share such information (password can be modified before and after sharing to reduce risks) and I do not really like the idea of spending time on troubleshooting, but it is an option.

1 Like

Hello

Thank you very much for reminding me to check the logs. Authentication error appeared.
I had tried not to use secrets.yalm.
Once I have followed the steps as indicated in the guide, everything works perfectly.

I’m so sorry I wasted your time.

Thank you very much for your work, you are invited to a coffee

Do you use a special card to show the data?

Alex.

As far as I know, HA still does not support thermostat card for water_heater, only climate is supported. I know that custom thermostat cards work but I have not used any. You may look for thermostat cards that support water_heater entities online and maybe share with others.

1 Like

Hey Chomu!

First of all, great work on the integration! I’ve just set up my HA and as a total noob was able to add the connection for my Lydos Hybrid.

UPDATE: An apparently typical mistake in configuration.yaml indentation caused this. Seeing all entries correctly now!

In Developer Tools / States, I can see all the details (specifically focusing on “operation_mode”) however when trying to add it to a card I can only use the Entity “water_heater.aqua_ariston” and I’m not able to further specify the attribute, so I only get target and current temp.

Should I be seeing sensor.aqua_ariston and switch.aqua_ariston entities in the list as well?
Ideally I’d love to add a card with target, current, mode and an action to trigger turbo mode.

Again, this might be just me failing to understand HA config and not to do anything with your integration, as I see the data as well as the service stuff…

PS: my next donation in your name goes to an anti-corruption NGO if that’s OK for you :wink:

1 Like

Hi!

Thanks for this integration. I have a gas boiler Ariston Clas Evo with a external temperature sensor and Cube S Net.

The integration works great, but it doesn’t show the outside temperature.

Please tell me how to use outside_temperature parameter in Home Assistant?

P.S. In Ariston.Net temperature is displayed.

Did you try the following:

ariston:
  username: !secret ariston_user
  password: !secret ariston_password
  sensors:
    - outside_temperature 

There is an example in README.MD

Thanx! Just saw

I plan to stop support of the following integration:

The reason is that my boiler supports different Ariston integration and thus I have no possibility to verify changes. Note that Aqua Ariston also have different requests being used for different models, which means multiple hardware is required for verification. I am tired of asking for traces or logs or specific actions to be done (often multiple clarifications have to be made). It takes a lot of time and I do not see any gain for myself. It might sound selfish but I had no gain from this integration to begin with. It was interesting initially to trace Android application requests as something new, but now it feels like work for which I get nothing in return except for casual thanks. I can try to fix latest reported bugs and then stop support altoghether. I can consult if anyone is willing to continue work on this integration.

I still plan to continue work on different Ariston integration, which my boiler does support: GitHub - chomupashchuk/ariston-remotethermo-home-assistant-v2: Ariston NET remotethermo integration for Home Assistant based on API

I just found this thread. I have an Ariston Velis Evo Wi-Fi 100. I tried the integration, it looks good. The only question is how can I set the number of showers I want on a card. “Velo” is specified as the type in the config, but if I click on the faucet icon, I can only set the temperature, not the number of showers I want. If I can help with testing or anything, I’ll be happy to help. I’m not a pro, but I have the intention :slight_smile:

Cards are designed for specific entity types and support only some specific functions per entity. To change number of showers you either have to create input_number entity and use automation to tune number of showers, or custom card in front-end has to be created to support additional functions (unless someone created such card already, but I have doubts)

1 Like

It work with my boiler. Thank you very much

Currently, I have 02 boiler. It show only 01 in Home Assisstant. Please kindly advise how to config your integration to control 02 boiler.

There is a name parameter supported, which should theoretically define unique id’s as a result. I have tested idea on early stages, so not 100% sure if it still works. But it is the case only if each boiler is connected to different account (in that specific case under integration name definition of a list to be used to identify each boiler). If both boilers are under the same account, I’m not sure how data is reported from the server side to distinguish between the 2 automatically (for the cases I don’t know I either need for you to send me sequence of requests and responses or provide me with credentials to do it myself), so there is no mechanism present for that scenario.

Hi, I’m will buy ariston lydos Hybrid water heater [ GitHub - chomupashchuk/ariston-aqua-remotethermo-home-assistant: Aqua Ariston NET Remotethermo for Home Assistant ], but I wonder how the wifi module is handled, is it separate and can be bought later or is it integrated with the rest of the electronics?

Hello. I have 2 devices connected to one account and I can provide you credentials for testing.
How i Can send it to you? And Im from Ukraine too :wink:

My email is [email protected] to contact me and for example provide with credentials. I’m not sure when i’ll have time though, maybe on some weekend (not sure which) and it shall depend on how complicated things would get as I prefer not to invest too much of my personal time.

You can check GitHub - chomupashchuk/ariston-remotethermo-home-assistant-v2: Ariston NET remotethermo integration for Home Assistant based on API
where in README (Multiple boilers under one account setup) it is specified how to configure the integrations with multiple boilers under the same account (new feature in version 1.0.40).

Thanks chomu for a greatt work!

I have Ariston Velis Evo Wifi 100 EU (purchased in January 2018). Now I found your integration. It works great, very good documented, thanks man!

Hi Chomu! Thanks a lot for this integration, really appreciated. :star_struck:

I own a Clas One 30L which is connected to the NET platform using a Sensys Net controller and it’s working very well with your integration. :ok_hand:t2: I truly hope that your work will become soon official, giving everyone the ability to install and get updates through HomeAssistant.

:electric_plug: :potable_water:
I would like to ask you if it’s possible to get also other relevant data like the electric, gas and water consumption and integrate those things inside the newer HomeAssistant energy dashboard. Since this data is already coming from the NET platform, I think that would be awesome.

Thanks again for your great work!
Keep it up!

In Ariston (not Aqua Ariston) I have included new sensors for today’s consumption, which should be visible when attempting to add them to the energy dashboard.
My boiler does not step the valaues, so I cannot fully test it on my hardware, I simply have 0.0 for all of them.
I have no boiler with Aqua Ariston to work with, so no updates there.

So far I have identified energy consumption for climate heating, water heating and cooling. It is always reported as kWh regardless if Electricity or Gas, so it will be treated always as energy (and in case of HA as electricity or single device). I do not see any indication in received data what kind of energy it is to attempt any conversions between type of resources used (e.g. 32.1563 kWh in m3 of Gas).
I have not found actual water consumption being reported, so that is all that I could provide.

In theory there can be differences in reports in the integration (e.g. consumption last month) and what would be calculated by HA. The reason is rounding function use, as well as logic of HA for the dashboard values calculation and sensor logic, where some data can be omited if, for example, boiler looses internet connection for few hours/days especially during midnight.

I have also extended translations to select entities as a bonus.

Thanks for this integration, i really appreciate it.

This old version works as expected also with my Chaffoteaux boiler while in the version ariston-remotethermo-home-assistant-v2 the climate.ariston and water.ariston components are unavailable.