Ariston NET and Aqua Ariston NET remotethermo integration

More information is needed. There were many updates and there are unique things to each hardware configurations, where a lot also depends on the configuration of sensors. Check the logs for faults at first, maybe there is a hint on unsupported sensor for example. Possibly I might need access to view the reasons of the issue as I have 1 boiler and can’t verify other hardware specifics if you can’t find the cause yourself.

Thanks for the reply, i’ve tried this basic configuration for check the log:

ariston: 
  store_config_files: true
  username: !secret ariston_user
  password: !secret ariston_password
  units: metric
  polling: 5.0
  sensors:
    - ch_detected_temperature

sensor.ariston_ch_detected_temperature works, climate.ariston and water_heater.ariston are always unavailable.
I’ve tried different values for polling: and nothing has changed.

this is the log:

2021-10-10 01:13:44 INFO (Thread-9) [custom_components.ariston.ariston] Setting sensors for _get_main
2021-10-10 01:13:44 INFO (Thread-9) [custom_components.ariston.ariston] Setting sensors for _get_version
2021-10-10 01:13:45 INFO (Thread-9) [custom_components.ariston.ariston] Data fetched for _get_main
2021-10-10 01:13:45 INFO (Thread-9) [custom_components.ariston.ariston] ariston action ok for _get_main
2021-10-10 01:13:48 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.water_heater] Updating ariston water_heater took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:02
2021-10-10 01:13:48 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.climate] Updating ariston climate took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:02
2021-10-10 01:13:48 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.water_heater] Updating ariston water_heater took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:02
2021-10-10 01:15:27 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.climate] Updating ariston climate took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:02
2021-10-10 01:15:27 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.water_heater] Updating ariston water_heater took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:02
2021-10-10 01:15:53 DEBUG (Thread-8) [custom_components.ariston.ariston] <custom_components.ariston.ariston.AristonHandler object at 0x6a9b6aa8> Fetching next data in 150.0 seconds
2021-10-10 01:15:55 ERROR (Thread-36) [custom_components.ariston.ariston] <custom_components.ariston.ariston.AristonHandler object at 0x6a9b6aa8> Unsupported sensors detected: {'dhw_thermal_cleanse_function'}, disable corresponding binary_sensors/sensors/switches in the configuration
2021-10-10 01:15:55 WARNING (Thread-36) [custom_components.ariston.ariston] <custom_components.ariston.ariston.AristonHandler object at 0x6a9b6aa8> _get_param invalid reply code 500
2021-10-10 01:15:55 WARNING (Thread-36) [custom_components.ariston.ariston] ariston action nok for _get_param: Unexpected code 500 received for the request _get_param
2021-10-10 01:18:23 DEBUG (Thread-35) [custom_components.ariston.ariston] <custom_components.ariston.ariston.AristonHandler object at 0x6a9b6aa8> Fetching next data in 150.0 seconds
2021-10-10 01:20:53 DEBUG (Thread-51) [custom_components.ariston.ariston] <custom_components.ariston.ariston.AristonHandler object at 0x6a9b6aa8> Fetching next data in 150.0 seconds
2021-10-10 01:23:23 DEBUG (Thread-79) [custom_components.ariston.ariston] <custom_components.ariston.ariston.AristonHandler object at 0x6a9b6aa8> Fetching next data in 150.0 seconds
2021-10-10 01:24:44 WARNING (Thread-95) [custom_components.ariston.ariston] <custom_components.ariston.ariston.AristonHandler object at 0x6a9b6aa8> _get_main Problem reading data: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='www.ariston-net.remotethermo.com', port=443): Read timed out. (read timeout=80.0)
2021-10-10 01:24:44 WARNING (Thread-95) [custom_components.ariston.ariston] Connection errors: 1
2021-10-10 01:24:44 WARNING (Thread-95) [custom_components.ariston.ariston] ariston action nok for _get_main: Request _get_main has failed with an exception
2021-10-10 01:25:53 DEBUG (Thread-94) [custom_components.ariston.ariston] <custom_components.ariston.ariston.AristonHandler object at 0x6a9b6aa8> Fetching next data in 150.0 seconds
2021-10-10 01:26:21 INFO (Thread-119) [custom_components.ariston.ariston] Setting sensors for _get_main
2021-10-10 01:26:21 INFO (Thread-119) [custom_components.ariston.ariston] Setting sensors for _get_version
2021-10-10 01:26:21 INFO (Thread-119) [custom_components.ariston.ariston] Data fetched for _get_main
2021-10-10 01:26:21 INFO (Thread-119) [custom_components.ariston.ariston] ariston action ok for _get_main

I don’t know why I’m getting the error:

Unsupported sensors detected: {‘dhw_thermal_cleanse_function’}

I haven’t that sensor in the configuration.
With the no longer maintained version all works as expected despite the slow connection of the boiler to the wi-fi.
No problem for access, I can send it by email.

The problem is that in time more and more sensors were added but not all of them are supported on all hardware configurations and I can’t test them all conidering that I have just 1 boiler, which is very limited in functionality.
dhw_thermal_cleanse_function is automatically added in requests if dhwBoilerPresent is reported as present, which does not seem to be true in your case.
Can you make a quick test? In ariston.py try removing following lines or by adding # before each of those lines:

# Append additional sensors to params
            if "dhwBoilerPresent" in self._ariston_data and self._ariston_data["dhwBoilerPresent"]:
                if self._ARISTON_THERMAL_CLEANSE_FUNCTION not in self._param_sensors:
                    self._param_sensors.append(self._ARISTON_THERMAL_CLEANSE_FUNCTION)
                if self._ARISTON_THERMAL_CLEANSE_CYCLE not in self._param_sensors:
                    self._param_sensors.append(self._ARISTON_THERMAL_CLEANSE_CYCLE)

And restart HA.

You may also try version 1.0.46

That did the trick, thanks!! I’ve also try to update to version 1.0.46 and everything works fine. Thank you again for this great integration!

Just wanted to report that the aquaariston integration works well for my Ariston Andris Slim2 Lux Wifi water heater from Singapore (product page: Ariston Thermo Group), using type: “lydos” in the config. Thank you @chomu for the integration!!

I’m finally able to schedule more than two heating timings (which was a very annoying limitation on their app).

The important sensors like current temperature and energy usage are also working great.

2 Likes

Hi!

Great job.

I have nimbus pocket 90 m net, and i am trying to configure your integration with zones.

That i have try:

ariston:
  username: !secret ariston_username
  password: !secret ariston_password
  zones: 3

When i check configuration on HA shows me this error:
Invalid config for [ariston]: [zones] is an invalid option for [ariston]. Check: ariston->ariston->0->zones.

Can you provide me an example of how to do that?

I have checked version, and i have 1.0.46. When i open in HACS->Integrations->Ariston NET->Information, i can see the manual, but it not refers nothing to zones. Could i have a old version?

Support was added in 1.0.47

Thank you.

The last i can see is 1.0.46, where i can find 1.0.47?

On github, where the latest versions are stored. I have no idea how HACS works and when new versions can be pulled.

On github:

I can only see that the actual release is 1.0.46.

The source code files were already version 1.0.47 (inside files), they are always the latest version. So you may try Code → Download ZIP in case you want to make sure that you have the latest version. I can occasionally forget to create “release”, as number of steps are done manually.

Thank you very much!

Why Im having a big delay regarding api integratrion? For example I turn off manually on my heater evo mode, and I need to wait couple of minutes to see the change on my HA dahsboard?
What is a minimum pooling time for this api?

There is no exact answer on polling rate. There are 2 levels of loops to send requests (lower level such as statistics and higher level such as errors and configuration with different periods), number of requests depends on number of sensors specified, and polling parameter is multiplication factor of all timers. Why I’ve done it this way? Because unlike website or Android/IOS application, which send request once depending on open page, here I need to send around 4-12 requests constantly and if it is done too often then Ariston starts responding with errors to the requests. It is described in documentation. I have no other ideas of how to provide with all data constantly without it crashing.

Yes I know. The same problem is with Somfy integration for covers.
Beauties’ of cloud integrations I guess :slight_smile:
Probably, I will open my ariston heater, and then I will flash tasmota on it, to be all locally…who knows :smiley:

As far as I know, there are projects, which emulate bridge-net to directly send requests to the boiler and MQTT or similar used to communicate with Raspberry Pi. I have no idea about the state of such projects.
Anyway, it is either using sowftware-only solution with cloud connection (as current one), or have hardware-software solution, where local connection is possible. Since I’m bad at hardware and many people won’t soder hardware components themselves and flash/configure multiple things, I’ve went with software-only approach, which seems to be easier to integrate for most.

1 Like

yes, of course. This is good solution, but Im a freak and I would like to keep it local as much as possible.
It would be awesome, when all manufacturers can provide local API, as well as cloud…

Hey Chomu! First of all, thank you for your great integration. I used it for about a year. But I thought we can create better. So I start working on completely new integration from the scratch. I’ve managed to find out some real API calls, not all but enough for now. I would be honored if you could look at it. If you like it, we could start collaborating on the project. GitHub - fustom/ariston-remotethermo-home-assistant-v3: Ariston NET remotethermo integration for Home Assistant based on API

1 Like

I had a very quick look at it. I’ve learned python and REST based on the integration, so it is indeed in a bad shape (but at least works). I have not found a complete api description, so everything started with reverse engineering website REST requests and then using complimented with REST requests from phone application. Not not sure what “real API calls” mean as requests are sent to same host (ariston net), the difference is endpoints, methods and data in the requests. The question which reuests provide more reliable data, quickness of responce, simplicity (unification) of data handling etc… There are number of special cases encountered. As an option we could discuss those somehow (whatsapp, skype etc.)