Assign Battery backed button to Bulb

Yep - thats the one.! - couldnt find that…! (got a few of them)

Is there a payload once you release the dimming button? I see recall_1 , store_1 listed
How does the dimmer button operate? Does it repeatedly send ‘brightness_step_up/down’ payload the longer you press it or just once?

Err wow - that i dont know…i think you press it repeatedly to get the dimming up and down?
Ive pulled all the old hubs so i cant really check!

You can check the zigbee2mqtt logs for each button press on the remote

Ah - yes i remember seeing that somewhere…bear with caller! :slight_smile:

I think you can bind them considering all your devices are zigbee (i haven’t try this though)

Otherwise,you can import this flow into nodered for the custom actions that you need

Ok - youre talking to someone whose been using this for a week (3 days of that getting it installed!) so i have no idea what “flow” is.!

Ive not used the helpers yet…i did look in there last night and was completely lost…ive managed to set a schedule and thats about it…!

Whats “node red”?

nodered is an homeassistant addon that provides another way of creating your automation ‘visually’
I can help create some flow example(another word for automation in nodered) to get you started but I’ll need some feedback on the payload sent from your remote.

ok- i went to the devices (where i thought it was) but that just tells me a button has been pressed…where am i looking? - i did also click on the link that took me to page on home assistant that said if i go to the device (which i did) and then it said click on the Bindings tab…theres no tab i can see…

If you can bear with me…for some strange reason my laptop keeps failing to load the home assistant dashboard…tried a new profile last night thinking id fixed it…but no…rather than trying to find the issue its been asking for a rebuild…ill just do it now…!

should be here, for example that’s the payload from my ikea remote

right - ok…ive not got that…in that im not runnng the deConz tool but the zigbee plugin…im not sure you can have both running at the same time? (back up and running) still having web issues though…!

Sorry - question is can i have both plugins running to the one device?

Further edit… just tried to install the deConz plugin (when i tried my first build - i tried using the plugin from deconz themselves) while i could get it working i couldnt get anything to connect then tried the one in HA itself (the red Z icon) and that just worked…so ive stuck with that…

if i try to install the deConz tool it wants an ip and port number…wasnt that something like a 172 number with a weird port?

Just to add - is there no “windowed” way of connecting this button to anything? ive said in other posts that any kind of scripting/coding may as well be in sandscript! no clue whatsoever!

Went back to the top and tried the way you said but no luck…no matter what variations i try…ill keep trying.

How do you add your zigbee devices?
Is it thru zha or zigbee2mqtt?

ZHA i think…as i said i first used the deConz tool but had no luck with that…when i go to add in a device i use the icon with the “Red Z” everything ive connected using that has worked first time…

You’ll need to post some pics of your zigbee setup
if it’s zha, then you can use developer tools to listen to zha_events triggered by the remote buttons

Ive also got a sonoff usb stick as well…(not plugged in though - never used) - which one is best (just your thoughts would be good enough) if youve used the 2…

As of this morning (working today so in the offie) but i noticed that the bulb in my room (bedside lamp) had also gone offline so it appears that the aurora bulbs all, go offline, over time…

I’ve only used sonoff usb zigbee stick with zigbee2mqtt and it’s pretty stable
I didn’t have a good experience with zha last time (motion sensors not detected over time, some zigbee devices cannot be added etc)

Thats good to know…is it a case of “starting again?” or can i just switch dongles over?

ok…so messing around tonight i would say (just my idiot opinion) is that all bulbs and buttons either dont work or, disconnect themselves randomly…if repair a button and then watch it in the device and physically press, the button, nothing registers…bulbs randomly disconnect and the only way to get them back is to unplug them and cycle the power…they did all work on the old hub fine so im into a compatibility issue, i think…

So, ive got an unusued sonoff usb stick here so should i build another VM with the sonoff and try/use MQTT?? what says you lot??

Looking here its got the MQTT logo and not the deconz one does that mean i should switch from zha to MQTT ??