Asuswrt device tracker broken in 0.86

The asuswrt device tracker connected by shh can’t stablish connection with router.
It was working in 0.85

Log error:

Error during setup of component asuswrt
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 145, in _async_setup_component
hass, processed_config)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/asuswrt.py”, line 61, in async_setup
await api.connection.async_connect()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/aioasuswrt/connection.py”, line 66, in async_connect
self._client = await asyncssh.connect(self._host, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/misc.py”, line 182, in await
return (yield from self._coro)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/connection.py”, line 5454, in connect
conn, _ = yield from create_connection(None, host, port, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/connection.py”, line 5110, in create_connection
yield from auth_waiter
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/connection.py”, line 627, in data_received
while self._inpbuf and self._recv_handler():
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/connection.py”, line 847, in _recv_packet
processed = handler.process_packet(pkttype, seq, packet)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/packet.py”, line 215, in process_packet
self._packet_handlers[pkttype](self, pkttype, pktid, packet)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/connection.py”, line 1414, in _process_kexinit
self._kex = get_kex(self, kex_alg)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/kex.py”, line 122, in get_kex
return handler(alg, conn, hash_alg, *args)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/kex_ecdh.py”, line 47, in init
self._priv = ecdh_class(*args)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/crypto/curve25519.py”, line 31, in init
self._priv_key = x25519.X25519PrivateKey.generate()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/asymmetric/x25519.py”, line 39, in generate
_Reasons.UNSUPPORTED_EXCHANGE_ALGORITHM
cryptography.exceptions.UnsupportedAlgorithm: X25519 is not supported by this version of OpenSSL.

Asuswrt fix is being released in 0.86.4

I have update to 0.86.4 with the same issue…:disappointed_relieved:

also facing the same issue in 0.86.4

1 Like

Same here 86.4 fails

1 Like

It seems to be fixed on 0.87.0b0

Same problem on 86.4. Half automations on device tracker =\

I can confirm it isn’t fixed in 86.4 too

Either upgrade to the rc version 0.87.0b0 which should include the ssl fix or go to the git pull below and copy the asuswrt files into your custom components. I don’t think 86.5 will be released as .87 is already in beta.

edited: fixed, ment to type beta but wrote dev build

Don’t upgrade to dev!!! Just join the beta and get 0.87.0b0…

Broken-ish for me as well, but it could be a yaml problem, even though I checked it and re-wrote it 3 times.

For me I get a message bell notification that the asuswrt configuration is wrong, It is still finding IP’s, it is logging into the router, but no sensors.

I have to play when I have more time to nail it down.
I was hoping the update today fixed something, but it appeared to be a document change to asuswrt only. Same if I leave the sensors out.

What am I missing??

asuswrt:
   host: 192.168.57.1
   protocol: ssh
   username: ImNotTelling
   ssh_key: /config/.ssh/asus_rsa
   sensors:
     - upload
     - upload_speed
     - download
     - download_speed

And maybe someone can tell me how to connect more than 1 Asus router like I was before asuswrt became a component…

protocol, username, and other down lines should be aligned with host

They are in my real config. I added the asuswrt: here for effect, this is actually a separate yaml that is pulled out of the main config as:

asuswrt: !include asuswrt.yaml

This was working fine pre 0,85.

This has the same error…

host: 192.168.57.1
  protocol: ssh
  username: (redacted)
  ssh_key: (redacted path)

It is logging into the router and reporting home and away, no sensors.

OK, any advise on the error. I finally went searching for it.

Maybe it doesn’t like the key? I’ll have to try redoing that.

2019-02-04 21:48:00 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component asuswrt Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 145, in _async_setup_component hass, processed_config) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/asuswrt.py", line 61, in async_setup await api.connection.async_connect() File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/aioasuswrt/connection.py", line 66, in async_connect self._client = await asyncssh.connect(self._host, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/misc.py", line 182, in __await__ return (yield from self._coro) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/connection.py", line 5454, in connect conn, _ = yield from create_connection(None, host, port, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/connection.py", line 5110, in create_connection yield from auth_waiter File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/connection.py", line 627, in data_received while self._inpbuf and self._recv_handler(): File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/connection.py", line 847, in _recv_packet processed = handler.process_packet(pkttype, seq, packet) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/packet.py", line 215, in process_packet self._packet_handlers[pkttype](self, pkttype, pktid, packet) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/connection.py", line 1414, in _process_kexinit self._kex = get_kex(self, kex_alg) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/kex.py", line 122, in get_kex return handler(alg, conn, hash_alg, *args) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/kex_ecdh.py", line 47, in __init__ self._priv = ecdh_class(*args) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/crypto/curve25519.py", line 31, in __init__ self._priv_key = x25519.X25519PrivateKey.generate() File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/asymmetric/x25519.py", line 39, in generate _Reasons.UNSUPPORTED_EXCHANGE_ALGORITHM cryptography.exceptions.UnsupportedAlgorithm: X25519 is not supported by this version of OpenSSL.

This is the same error I got. It’s running ok on 0.85.1 or 0.87.0bx

I use telnet. I had the same set of errors as in the beginning of this thread. The following worked for me:
port: 23

1 Like

I just updated to 0.87.0b4

asuswrt seems to be working fine again from what I can see.

I think telnet is 23, ssh is 22.
I’ve had this for a couple of revs/sub-revs now, I’m at 86.4.
It’s weird because it must be connected to give me home messages, but still complains.
I still have to redo the key, I’ll use rsa this time.