Atomberg Fan with LocalTuya

I have an Atomberg Renesa+ (link) fan that I have working via the Tuya application. For some reason, the device never gets detected on HA, but I can use the Tuya app to control the fan.

I have recently started using the LocalTuya custom integration and I can turn the device on and off, but I’m not able to control the speed.

Has anyone got this to work? If yes please help me configure the integration correctly.

These are some of the options I get:

1 Like

Just saw this in the core logs:

WARNING (SyncWorker_2) [custom_components.localtuya.fan] [306...323] Living Room Fan/fan.living_room_fan: Ignoring unknown fan controller state: 6

The state 6 is definitely the current speed.

You might have some luck following what I did to get my Australian tuya based ceiling fan to work.

Link

Thanks @tinglis1. Your fix worked great.

Linking the GitHub issue here for anyone else with a similar problem: LocalTuya - Fan speed control not working

@milothomas how did you get the local key for the fan?

This fan has a weird setup and directly cannot be configured into tuya app, please correct me if I am wrong.

Hey! I didn’t have any issues adding the fan to the tuya app (it has been a while so not sure if something has changed since then).

Once you have the device added,

1. Install Tuya CLI and run
  2. Run the wizard tuya-cli wizard and follow the instructions to list all the devices and their keys

The wizard will ask for a virtual device ID, you can find this on the Device Information in the tuya app.

Hey!

Today I learned that the atomberg fan can be added to Tuya, I tried adding it initially when I bought it a year ago. It didn’t work, so I gave up. Have been using it with IR and a broadlink remote ever since!

The only problem with that was not being able to check the state!

I just added the fan to tuya! This is amazing!

Just a request, would you be able to share the data points you used to setup in local tuya.

Edit: configured! :smiley:

ID 1 = Fan ON/OFF switch
ID 9 = Light ON/OFF switch

Hope that helps

This I was able to configure.
But for the speed control though, there are only three options.

I made changes to my fan.py as below.

I can either set my fan speed to 1, 3 or 6.

Have you made any other changes to achieve controlling all 6 speeds?

No, I also have only 3 levels. The changes to fan.py was so that the integration will accept the values 1 through 6 as valid, but it will still only detect 1 & 2 as low, 2, 3 and 4 as medium, etc.

If you figure it out let me know :slight_smile:

I tried.
Don’t have anything much. But you can set the fan speed using the set_dp service.

service: localtuya.set_dp
data:
  device_id: <device_id>
  dp: 3
  value: '6'  #can be set from 0 to 6

Even though the speed won’t reflect as a valid speed in the slider.
For that I think it has something to do with localtuya itself as I could see only 3 speeds in the fan.py being imported from home assistant fan entity and that usage is deprecated from what I understand.

I tried going through various documents and trying to fix it locally, but I realized I do not have the technical competence to understand what's happening :stuck_out_tongue:

PS: DP 102 is timer can be set in multiple of 60 and DP 2 is mode, which can be set to “Normal” or “Sleep”

1 Like

hi

Can you please provide the steps you did to add the atomberg smart fan in home assistant ?

I just bought 1 but i can’t find a way to add it.

1 Like

Did anyone sucessfully add the button controls for localtuya or latest Tuya integration for atomberg fans?

how to add atomberg fans to Tuya smart app