Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

I use the Xiaomi ones with an ESPhome node for them to communicate with.

2 Likes

A little off topic, but I read on this thread of someone linking the Grid Connect pedistal fan to the Tuya app… My fan is currently connected to Grid Connect app, so was wondering if someone could tell me how to reset the fan so I can link it with the Tuya app?
Thanks in advance!

Hey dude, I’ve just fixed this with my Mirabella 12w RGBW from Kmart.

Settings you need are

• Module type = Generic
  • D5 GPIO14 = SM2135DAT (2)
  • D1 GPIO5 = SM2135CLK
1 Like

You Sir are a legend! Thanks for posting the solution. Can confirm that these settings work for me for the Mirabella Genio 12W G95 bulb - I just tried it now. Thanks heaps!

1 Like

Hi,

I have purchase the Arlec 130cm White 4 Blade Grid Connect Smart DC Ceiling Fan With Remote (DCF4002WHA) from Bunnings and I’m trying to get it working with Local TUYA. I’ve managed to get the necessary key but I’m stuck on adding the entity into HA. Can anyone offer any guidance on how I should configure the FAN entity in the following screen?

The options available are shown below

I assume I need to also add a separate Light entity as well? I love that this light can be dimmed and you can select Warm, Cool and Daylight temperatures. I can see an automation coming that changes the temperature to minimise blue light after 6pm :slight_smile:

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks
Anthony

@Borto
I posted some examples of this earlier in this thread.

post with dps mapping

Post with screenshot
I edited my fan.py file to get the mid and high speeds for 1-6.

You follow the integration workflow and add two devices. After you add the first one it gives you a device type drop down with a checkbox for “do not add any more” unselect the checkbox and change the type.

Also you can edit the device once added by going to options on the integration page and the clicking on submit.

Edit;
@Shintaro this might help you as well.

1 Like

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the info and for being kind when my searching was obviously “sub-par” :slight_smile:

Your information is perfect but I do have one challenge I hoped you might clear up for me.

When I try add the new entity, the first required field is ID which I can’t seem to get past as it obviously doesn’t map to any of the DPS fields and you can’t enter any value manually.

How did you solve this?

Thanks
Anthony

Hi there, this may not get looked (given the age of this post).
I recently bought one of the 4-gang Arlec switches.
I don’t have a spare RPi or Linux box with WiFi available to flash to tasmota or esphome. I’d opt for crackng open the box and serial-flashing directly (would like to skip Tasmo (don’t run it yet) an ?Tuya Connect as my device is new and it may not work…).
The LV side of the board looks like this:

I can see Tx, Rx, VCC(5v) and GND in the image.
I want to do somehting like:
https://www.esphome-devices.com/devices/deta-grid-connect-smart-switch/
Do I simply compile a binary in ESPHome, then put the appropriate pins Tx and RX pinouts from PC to pins on the Arlec board, put into pairing mode and that’s it?

Edit:
Just found this:

Not sure from the image, which PIN is RST and GPIO0.
I assume GPIO0 might be IO0 (bottom right of the IC, above GND, IO15 & IO2)?
RST?

Pretty much. Ground IO0 at boot to put it into programming mode, flash the ESPhome bin file to it with ESPhome flasher

Excellent - no need for RST then?
Just ground IO0 at boot?

I’ll give it tickle later! Cheers,

Possibly that as well… It’s been too long, I’m out of touch

I had another fire inspection the other day in my apartment, my Nest smoke alarm was fine, and I had a chat with he guy on what is and isn’t allowed re: door locks

he said I can change the outer lock if I keep the internal deadlatch the same.
after some research, it looks like I can get a Yale Keyless Connected:

https://www.amazon.com.au/Yale-NOMOD-PB-Keyless-Connected-Polished/dp/B01DE4DFM8?th=1

with z-wave module, and keep the Lockwood 001 nightlatch that my strata installed.

This should be OK from the fire inspection point of view according to the guy that came out. I might order one and update in a year when the next inspection happens

yeah cool. Understood :slight_smile:
Best guess, what pin do you reckon from the image above might be rst?

1 Like

Just don’t use them with something like a higher power device demand like a diashwasher or washing machine.

They cut out for some reason and turn the device off. I ended up using some TP-Link ones for those devices and use these on my pond / yard lights.

1 Like

Thanks @sparkydave that did the trick. Worked first pop. I did end up having to release RST prior to GPIO0 to get it into programming mode.
It’s now on ESPHome - Lovely! So much easier.
I have a question, which I can’t easily find an answer for… Is there an equivalent switch that’s electrically certified for AU that has a two way function on it (i.e. hall-way light scenario) that you know of?

This thread is HUGE! So apologies if this has been asked before.

I’m about to build a new house and would love feedback on what you would do with regards to smart switches and other wired devices.

The goal is to reduce the need for Zigbee or wifi devices where possible, have as much compatibility with HA as possible but also have a solution that can operate (with separate systems of course) without HA so that it isn’t an issue down the track when I sold the house.

The problem always is knowing where you need stuff. If I’d never got interested in home automation, I’d never have known that I needed power and signal for my blinds!

However If you run cat5e/6 everywhere you might need signal, its a start.

1 Like

@dormani
I have a Kogan unit working on Tuya Local with power monitoring.
I followed this video (pt 3) except actually put in proper values for the DPS. I don’t remember where I found it the other night, but the values to use were 1,18,19,20 and you get the switch, with current, power and voltage as attributes of the switch.

Oh and I just remembered - I think I found two different repositories? Tuya Local, and Local Tuya. This linked one is the latter, and it worked for me.
1 Like

Thanks for the reply. You mention following a video. Could you please provide the link. I am not at all savvy with these types of integrations so need all the help I can get to have something up and running. I do like these Kogan plugs in particular the 5v usb outlets.
Thanks once again.