Audi MMI support

Looks cool indeed :wink:

Guys, this is driving me nuts :rofl:

I’ve installed the component several times via HACS, rebooted and then configured the integration with the right credentials. Every time, HA only creates one entity:

`

The logs, however, are showing setting up more sensors (disclaimer: I’ve changed the VIN to an example, but I’m using the correct one):

2020-05-27 23:32:01 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setting up audiconnect
2020-05-27 23:32:01 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of domain audiconnect took 0.0 seconds.
2020-05-27 23:32:03 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Setting up sensor.audiconnect
2020-05-27 23:32:03 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.binary_sensor] Setting up binary_sensor.audiconnect
2020-05-27 23:32:03 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.switch] Setting up switch.audiconnect
2020-05-27 23:32:03 INFO (SyncWorker_8) [homeassistant.loader] Loaded lock from homeassistant.components.lock
2020-05-27 23:32:03 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.device_tracker] Setting up device_tracker.audiconnect
2020-05-27 23:32:03 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setting up lock
2020-05-27 23:32:03 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of domain lock took 0.0 seconds.
2020-05-27 23:32:03 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_registry] Registered new sensor.audiconnect entity: sensor.audi_a3_sportback_model
2020-05-27 23:32:03 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.lock] Setting up lock.audiconnect

But no other entities are shown:

When I try to manual update via audiconnect.refresh_vehicle_data, the following errors are displayed:

Logger: custom_components.audiconnect.util
Source: custom_components/audiconnect/util.py:25
Integration: Audi Connect (documentation)
First occurred: 23:37:31 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 23:37:31

Unable to refresh vehicle data of wauzzz1234567890: 502, message='Bad Gateway', url='https://msg.volkswagen.de/fs-car/bs/vsr/v1/Audi/DE/vehicles/WAUZZZ1234567890/requests

and

Logger: custom_components.audiconnect.audi_account
Source: /config/custom_components/audiconnect/audi_account.py:221
Integration: Audi Connect (documentation)
First occurred: 23:37:31 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 23:37:31

Error refreshing vehicle data wauzzz1234567890
NoneType: None

The Audi Connect app is reporting status and location just fine, and the My Audi app works fine as well. I even signed up as the main user in the apps, but it didn’t make a difference.

What am I overlooking? The only odd thing I notice is the My Audi app and My Audi website reporting that I’m not the owner of the vehicle yet:

But when I click the button te register as owner, I get a success message immediately, without doing anything extra:

It seems like I only have a part of the entities available for my e-tron
What I have is:

sensor.audi_e_tron_charging_state
sensor.audi_e_tron_climatisation_state
sensor.audi_e_tron_model
sensor.audi_e_tron_plug_state
sensor.audi_e_tron_primary_engine_range
sensor.audi_e_tron_primary_engine_type
sensor.audi_e_tron_state_of_charge

I would have expected to also see the milage as I see others here use. Do I need to do something to get all the entitiies?

[EDIT]
Looks like the same issue EBOOZis having. However I do not have the same warning he has about not beeing registered as the owner.

Gentle ping to @arjenvr :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can also confirm. I installed the component yesterday and only get the one sensor.

1 Like

Things are working but still seeing these in my logs. Did the cause ever get identified?

No, I used another card

I just found a “fix” for it that is being implemented but doesn’t seem to work.

Maybe you need to clear your cache? Try incognito mode to be sure

I cleared my cache, didn’t help. Incognito mode.same deal. Incognito mode was really bad. First it said it couldn’t find the card, then that area went blank, then it populated with the right information. But even refreshing keeps showing that error in the logs.

Ok, … Then just use another card ;)…

See some posts above there is an example, looks almost the same

Any idea when I stick a gauge card into the card it complains

Unknown type encountered: gauge

I put in

- entity: sensor.audi_q8_range
    min: 0
    max: 550
    name: Range
    type: gauge

Try this one

type: 'custom:gauge-card'

since today i receive :

2020-08-10 13:47:20 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.audiconnect.audi_connect_account] Login to Audi service failed, trying again in 10 seconds

someone else too ?

It’s because of a scheduled maintenance https://my.audi.com/

ok, makes sense :slight_smile:

audi portal is working again but the integration is not, maybe its because of the new login system?

Same for me… can log to portal and to iOS app, but integration fails:

2020-08-13 08:33:59 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.audiconnect.audi_connect_account] Login to Audi service failed, trying again in 10 seconds
2020-08-13 08:34:10 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.audiconnect.audi_connect_account] Login to Audi service failed: 400, message='', url=URL('https://id.audi.com/v1/token')

Any update on this issue? Still not working… any diagnosis about cause?

This is most likely due to the new login system which has been implemented by Audi. It may take a while for the developer to update the code, and it may not even be possible to make it work again.
This is a custom integration, based on reverse engineering. Things like this are bound to happen sooner or later, that is why reverse-engineered integrations never are part of the “official” Home Assistant distributions.

1 Like