Audi MMI support

Hi,
Noob question; does the car need a SIM card to be able to use these features?

No, but I believe that the cellular service package from Audi needs to be activated.

Indeed , you need Audi connect, it’s a payed service… There is probably already a sim in every car… I had a trial subscription on my new car, then it worked… I didn’t extend it though, so can’t use this integration anymore

Thanks a million! it works like a charm again!

I’m having login problems starting today.
I initially removed my car from myAudi App and did a reset in the car (necessary for unrelated reasons).
After that I removed the integration in home assistant, rebooted and tried to connect my account again, but now I get the error message “invalid credentials” and “malformed user input” when I try to log in. In the meantime I completely removed the integration and reinstalled it from hacs, but this did non help either.
Username & password is correct as I can login in the app / myAudi website with it.

Any suggestions what I can do?

Starting yesterday my HA instance is getting this error:

Login to Audi service failed: 503, message=‘Service Unavailable’, url=URL(‘https://app-api.live-my.audi.com/azs/v1/token’)

Has the authentication URL moved again?

Same for me, the same error message…

Same here for my Audi

Audi must have changed API again, neither the new (above) url or the old url works.

Back to square one……

Same here, any tips?

The issue has been fixed, see Login to Audi service failed: 503, message='Service Unavailable', url=URL('https://app-api.live-my.audi.com/azs/v1/token' · Issue #94 · arjenvrh/audi_connect_ha · GitHub

1 Like

Getting error after update to:
core-2021.12.1
And using OS:
Home Assistant OS 7.0

Logger: custom_components.audiconnect.audi_connect_account
Source: custom_components/audiconnect/audi_connect_account.py:89
Integration: Audi Connect
First occurred: 14:02:05 (6 occurrences)
Last logged: 14:54:12

Login to Audi service failed: Extra data: line 1 column 5 (char 4)

I have tried to remove and add HACS add-on, but no go…

1 Like

Same here after update to: core-2021.12.1

And for me integrations throws hundreds of following messages:

2021-12-14 12:06:55 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/config/custom_components/audiconnect/audi_account.py", line 162, in update
    if not await self.connection.update(None):
  File "/config/custom_components/audiconnect/audi_connect_account.py", line 113, in update
    vehicles_response = await self._audi_service.get_vehicle_information()
  File "/config/custom_components/audiconnect/audi_services.py", line 257, in get_vehicle_information
    raise Exception("Invalid json in get_vehicle_information")
Exception: Invalid json in get_vehicle_information

Hi all! All of the sudden… It´s working again! =)

I think because of some changes in 2021.12.2… It was not working even after restart of HA until today morning. Just installed new version of core, restarted and integration is back!

1 Like

Is it possible to preheat an e-tron using this integration?
Can’t get it to work.

I’m not sure there is. I just installed and the only actionable item I see are door locks. I bet the API has it somewhere if we can figure out what the call is.

It’s broken again, I suspect Audi has changed login procedure.

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: custom_components/audiconnect/audi_services.py:241
Integration: Audi Connect
First occurred: 09:54:33 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 09:54:33

Error setting up entry <redacted> for audiconnect
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 313, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)  # type: ignore
  File "/config/custom_components/audiconnect/__init__.py", line 106, in async_setup_entry
    return await data.update(utcnow())
  File "/config/custom_components/audiconnect/audi_account.py", line 162, in update
    if not await self.connection.update(None):
  File "/config/custom_components/audiconnect/audi_connect_account.py", line 113, in update
    vehicles_response = await self._audi_service.get_vehicle_information()
  File "/config/custom_components/audiconnect/audi_services.py", line 241, in get_vehicle_information
    "Authorization": "Bearer " + self.audiToken["access_token"],
KeyError: 'access_token'

Here, in DE, it works. Yesterday was a problem during evening, myAudi in Browser wont work too, this morning everything went find.