Audi MMI support

Made an issue at github - but seems like activity is by far higher here :wink:
https://github.com/arjenvrh/audi_connect_ha/issues/5

Any suggestions on how to make it work?

Few things I encountered while testing:

• I found the integration to be more stable when I use a separate My Audi account for Home Assistant. From a security standpoint this is also to be preferred so it is not the primary user of the car.
  • VIN numbers seem to be case-sensitive. In the config I added the VIN using all lowercase letters.
  • I don’t have the region parameter

However, the integration is not very robust yet (it’s still early days for that). So every now and then there are issues. Maybe your car does not support certain sensors the integration expects to be always there.

For me it has been working nicely for a few days now.

Thomas

1. The integration does not work with regions US and CN at the moment. When someone from one of these regions can get the underlying library to work that would be great, for now I’ll update the documentation.
  2. Note that the position update via GPS requires special permissions. I’m not sure which packages include it, probably it is country specific.
  3. Certain API errors regarding services not found are normal when the car or subscription does not support these. My wife’s car for instance reports that the carfinder service cannot be found, other sensors however work fine. In my car all sensors seem to be supported. I’ll see if I can modify the integration such that it only reports these errors once.
  4. I’ve been able to reproduce some of the problems with “Last Updated” (although I haven’t seen the 2000-01-01 date), which should report the last time the Audi servers communicated with the car. I’ll look into it further.
  5. @thomas-be: Thanks for all the testing. I’ll update the charge time, plug connected and sunroof sensor based on your information.
  6. I’ll combine the door and trunk sensors as suggested. I didn’t think it was that important since it can easily be achieved with the template sensors, but I cannot ignore 2 people requesting it. :slight_smile:
1 Like

@arjenvr Great! Look forward to it!

(Ps. I am using your integration almost daily. Next up is setting some automations, for example: if the car is at home and the house alarm armed, check if the doors of the cars are locked. If not, send me a reminder.)

Hey - came across this as looking to see what options are available to try and do some integration with Audi

Going through this I wasn’t able to determin if it’s possible to do a few things:

1. Navigation send
    My main wish is to be able to send navigation to the audi not have to use their stupid input system

2. Car location (ie wife’s car where is it to then trigger heating on)

3. Car heating on - remotely start car defrost heating

I have an audi tts about a year old - not started with this yet but welcome if any of these are possible, if not what do people use it for? Great to see people working on this.

@SmartManor Long story short: it is not possible to control the car, you can only read out some parameters.

No, that is not possible. However, if you don’t like how you have to input the address in the Audi app, you can always look it up in Google Maps and then send it to the Audi app. That way you just have to click “Send to car”.

Yes, but only when it is parked; not while driving, so not for your use case. For this scenario I would use your wife’s phone and zones to trigger the home heating when she is getting near. Note that the new beta companion app also gives an indication of the activity it thinks you are doing (on iPhone anyway). So you could use that to detect if she is driving.

Again, no. You cannot control the car from within Home Assistant, only read certain sensor values.

Without changing anything, suddenly my Car is reporting its location to Hassio. Very nice :slight_smile:

I have had that at one point as well still not sure why it did (not) show up. I did have it disappear later after making some changes, but removing the car from the “known_entities” file solved that for me.

It’s been consistently working flawlessly for quite a while now, very happy with the integration.

Hi,

Can you describe the steps you took to install this in hassio.

Thanks

Download the repo from Github: GitHub - audiconnect/audi_connect_ha: Adds an audi connect integration to home assistant. Unzip and copy the “custom_components” folder (with contents) to the location where your Hassio config file is. Then add the configuration to your configuration.yaml file as per the instructions on Gthub & restart Hassio.

The procedure is the same for most custom components, so Googling “custom component Home Assistant” does help. Makes no difference if it is Hassio or Home Assistant.

Thomas

hey,

i keep getting these errors - any idea?

2019-07-17 15:40:01 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.audiconnect.audi_connect_account] Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)
2019-07-17 15:40:06 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.device_tracker] Could not parse gps value for audi_a4: ('?', '?', None, None)
2019-07-17 15:42:11 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.audiconnect.audi_connect_account] Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)
2019-07-17 15:42:12 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.device_tracker] Could not parse gps value for audi_a4: ('?', '?', None, None)
2019-07-17 15:44:15 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.audiconnect.audi_connect_account] Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)
2019-07-17 15:44:16 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.device_tracker] Could not parse gps value for audi_a4: ('?', '?', None, None)
2019-07-17 15:46:19 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.audiconnect.audi_connect_account] Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)
2019-07-17 15:46:20 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.device_tracker] Could not parse gps value for audi_a4: ('?', '?', None, None)
2019-07-17 15:46:28 ERROR (MainThread) [pyhaversion] Timeouterror fetching version information from PyPi
2019-07-17 15:48:23 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.audiconnect.audi_connect_account] Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)
2019-07-17 15:48:24 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.device_tracker] Could not parse gps value for audi_a4: ('?', '?', None, None)
2019-07-17 15:50:27 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.audiconnect.audi_connect_account] Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)
2019-07-17 15:50:27 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.device_tracker] Could not parse gps value for audi_a4: ('?', '?', None, None)

This is probably one for @arjenvr to answer. But did you enter the configruation correctly? Could you share it?

Thomas

Thanks for the info!

I had the same… until at some point my car just synced up… no idea why it took a while. About 2 or 3 weeks i guess. Didnt really observe when it first appeared… but at some point the data was just there.

I also have regular errors in my Audi app, so I guess their services are not very stable. For example: they forgot to register me as owner for the vehicle which resulted in a lot of incomprehensible errors.

Thomas

After some well-deserved holidays I found some time to work on the Audi integration. I’ve updated the sun roof sensor, added combined sensor for doors and trunk state, and fixed various small bugs. I’ve also incorporated the pull request from dermotduffy, adding support for north america, as well as some minor changes made by alfaromeotango.

For users looking for ideas on how to use this integration, I added an example Lovelace card in the readme on github.

1 Like

Thanks for the update!

I do seem to get a lot of errors with this new version, and submitted an issue here: https://github.com/arjenvrh/audi_connect_ha/issues/9

Hope you enjoyed your holidays :slight_smile:

Thomas

Hi Arjen

Thanks for the Audi integration!
i have it up and running in HA.

greatn, have it running also now, with that lovelace card :slight_smile:
1 stipud question, i see the lovelace uses 2 images

i only have it like this

i commented out the second one, what is it for? i dont see the difference?

card:          
          type: picture-elements
          image: /local/pictures/audi_sq7.jpeg
          elements:
          #  - type: image
          #    image: /local/pictures/cardbackK.png

wow cool, it seems to have a device tracker!! perfect , no battery drain anymore on my android :slight_smile: