Audi MMI support

Ok, want to use it as tracker, who knows how often the car is pushing data online to cloud?

HI Fabio
Long time no see :grinning:
I use the second image for the shadow border.
I have noticed that if you switch off the ignition after a ride, the data is pushed almost immediately with the exception of the tracker: shows that my car is still at home while I’m not at home…

Hey :wink:

Oh, then it’s useless as tracker… Does the refresh service help?

@arjenvr Have not gotten round to testing the new version yet, but somehow I did come across this: https://github.com/robinostlund/homeassistant-volkswagencarnet

Looks very similar to yours with the exception that it is for VW, and that one is able to control certain functions.

Considering VW and Audi are part of the same group, it would not surprise me if they use the same / similar infrastructure for bringing the cars online. I think it would be worth investigating if both plugins work in a similar way and could be merged.

Thomas

Ok, tested the mmi out, but indeed , refreshing services refreshes all sensors, but not the gps :frowning:
Top bad, I think it’s then useless as a tracker…
Or is someone able to force the gps location while driving?

@thomas-be I have seen this library, but I don’t think merging these makes much sense. The underlying libs take care of the communication, and if the integrations are to be merged, these libs should also be merged. The APIs however have enough differences that merging makes little sense.

@pergola.fabio I think the location service is not really meant for tracking, it seems to be more of a now-where-did-i-park-my-car kind of service. I actually don’t trigger the car refresh service manually, cause I seem to get the update short after parking anyway, and as you stated everything that happens during driving does not seem to be communicated.

yeah, notices after a few days playing
the refresh service is really instant refreshing, calling the car
seems the gps, indeed only updates when ignition is off, indeed a find my car service :slight_smile:

Just updated hassio to 0.98 and comonent is now not loading… In notifications I get the error message:

Invalid config

The following components and platforms could not be set up:

Please check your config.

Now none of sensors seem to exist anymore… Any idea?

i had that first time, can you try reboot hassio, not just a restart

I’m getting the same even without updating to 0.98. I’m still on 0.97.2 and I started get the error message after a restart this morning. There seems to be a problem accessing the Audi API.

OK, went step further as advised by @Fabio and rebooted the host. Now it works again! Thanks for advice! I’d never thought that just restart of hassio is insufficient!

yeah, i notice this too with every custom component, i think hassio doesnt download it when its not installed yet

reboot fixes it

The reboot fixed it for me, too. Very strange.

After 0.98 install some of icon disappeared for me… After some research I found that materialdesignicon.com renamed some of them (in v4.2.95), so I had to update my config. But what is important; I noticed new icon addition:

• mdi:car-door-lock
    Would be perfect match to door closed/locked status - I checked, it is incorporated into 0.98 already!

Finally got round to updating and testing it again. Seems to work perfectly! Thanks again @arjenvr

Great work! Has been looking also on the Python API, but this was what I “needed” :-).

Tested with Audi A4, Sweden, works great, only missing coordinates, but get “AtHome/Away” from tracker at least.

• Used a separate HA user in MyAudi
  • Installed as a custom_component
  • lowercase letters for VIN
  • To get your card working, also need some other downloads, but was mostly to check error message.
  • Used resoucres in lovelace ui:
    resources:
    - url: /local/plugins/card-tools.js?v=1
    type: js
    - url: /local/plugins/card-modder.js?v=1
    type: js
    - url: /local/plugins/circle-sensor-card.js?v=0
    type: module

Looks nice!:

Looking forward to have it into HA, will also try with testing.

/Leif

download new update, in hope it should resolve error below, but still getting it frequently

and i have the feeling, that if it generates the timeout/connect, that my HA instance hangs while doing the request

is that possible?

ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.audiconnect.audi_connect_account] API error: {'errorCode': 'gw.error.timeout', 'description': 'Backend Connection Timeout'}

I recently (re)discovered I still have this problem as well on my Hassio install. I have a sort of hardware watchdog set up: a KNX device which switches on a red light if it is not getting a switch-off command every few seconds.

When I have this custom integration enabled, I see the red light switch on quite regularly. At those times the system becomes completely unresponsive.

When I disable the component the problem disappears. So I can confirm this is an issue.

Thomas

yeah, ok, thxn for confirming

i have now changed the scan_interval setting, hopefully that helps

Something goes wrong for last couple of days… I’m not able to start integration and getting error (from system log):

Setup failed for audiconnect: Integration failed to initialize.
8:28 AM setup.py (ERROR)
API error: invalid_request Backend Failure
8:28 AM custom_components/audiconnect/audi_connect_account.py (ERROR)
Setup of audiconnect is taking over 10 seconds.
8:26 AM __main__.py (WARNING)

It lasts for last couple of days. In meantime I upgraded from 0.99.3 to 0.100.1 and also updated component to the latest version… same problem… As it looks like connection issue (perhaps) I also checked how the iOS application works… I can’t connect either, getting data update error:

Error: E:A.AS.server.error, EHTTP.11, R:MY1UN-E:HTTP.JSON.505 (191011063822)...

whatever it means… Strangely I can autenticate and use all service from the car… Any idea?