August Lock Errors with 75.3

I’m getting the errors that based on the other posts would seem to indicate that my key has expired. However, when I delete my .august.conf file, I get the following error.
403 Client Error: Forbidden for url: https://api-production.august.com/session

Any help would be appreciated.

facing the exact same issue. did you figure out the issue?

there is another thread that was somewhat helpful. August stopped working after 0.73.1 update

but I’m still having problems. it sounds like a fix may be coming out with 0.76 maybe.

I finally gave up on the “august” component and just added the locks as zwave devices. They have to be added as secure devices. But once I did that and rebooted between each one I added, things started coming together. I can at least tell when the door is locked or unlocked. I’ll play with the other settings later.

right now, I am noticing that the access control field has the last action performed.

0 - nothing has happened since HA was last started.
1 - Manual Lock
2 - Manual Unlock
3 - Remote Lock ( Includes phone App and HA )
4 - Remote Unlock ( includes phone App and HA )
11 - Jam ( held the dead bolt in and tried locking it. )

I’m using sensor templates to report the battery level as a sensor.

- platform: template
    sensors:
      garage_door_lock_battery:
        value_template: "{{ states.zwave.unknown_id033f_unknown_type0001_id0001.attributes.battery_level }}"
        friendly_name: "Garage Door Lock Battery"
        unit_of_measurement: '%'
      front_door_lock_battery:
        value_template: "{{ states.zwave.unknown_id033f_unknown_type0001_id0001_2.attributes.battery_level }}"
        friendly_name: "Front Door Lock Battery"
        unit_of_measurement: '%'

So I’m getting closer. Adding

- lock.unknown_id033f_unknown_type0001_id0001_locked

as an entity to my groups to get the lock state and icon to show up in my groups.

Now I just need to fix my zwave config files to fix the type unknown and manufacturer unknown issues with the names so the name makes sense and then I’ll be happier.

1 Like