Auping Connect integration

Hmm… does it state what kind of client error?

you can also test /debug this using standalone HttpClient such as PostMan: API Client for REST, SOAP, & GraphQL Queries | Postman

Here you can build-up the HttpRequest using the same info and sent it out. Your bed should respond with 200 OK, otherwise an error will be returned.

And here is a JSON file you can save to disk, and import in Postman to test it.
Just change the key under ‘headers’ and change your IP address:

{
	"info": {
		"_postman_id": "617c5751-6573-4381-a8e2-a27a370ac6ca",
		"name": "Auping Connect",
		"schema": "https://schema.getpostman.com/json/collection/v2.1.0/collection.json"
	},
	"item": [
		{
			"name": "Auping Test",
			"request": {
				"method": "POST",
				"header": [
					{
						"key": "X-Key",
						"value": "abcdefgh",
						"type": "text"
					}
				],
				"body": {
					"mode": "raw",
					"raw": "{\"CBU\":0,\"motor_1\":{\"Action\":0,\"TimeInMs\":0},\"motor_2\":{\"Action\":2,\"TimeInMs\":30000},\"motor_3\":{\"Action\":0,\"TimeInMs\":0}}",
					"options": {
						"raw": {
							"language": "javascript"
						}
					}
				},
				"url": {
					"raw": "http://10.50.1.151/api/cbu/motor/extended",
					"protocol": "http",
					"host": [
						"10",
						"50",
						"1",
						"151"
					],
					"path": [
						"api",
						"cbu",
						"motor",
						"extended"
					]
				},
				"description": "Tests the Auping Connect"
			},
			"response": []
		}
	]
}

So I’ve reset the Auping bed and now the command bed_flat works but bed_tv still doesn’t.

Just try a different motor. Not all beds have all the motors. This way you can find out what motor does what. Important is that you don’t alter the structure of the JSON payload. Do not add extra enters or spaces because the Auping Connect gets confused otherwise.

Hello,
I have 3 motors like you. The command bed_flat lowers both the middle (back) and lower (feet) but not the top (neck).
The command bed_tv doesn’t do anything with my bed. Any idea why ?

Here you find the payload for bed_tv

payload: '{"CBU":0,"motor_1":{"Action":1,"TimeInMs":3000},"motor_2":{"Action":1,"TimeInMs":6000},"motor_3":{"Action":1,"TimeInMs":9000}}'

As you can see, I’ve activated all motors, but none is reacted to the request. I also don’t see any error message in the HA log. Really for the hell of me, I can’t understand why I can lower the bed but not bring it up.

Regards,
Jens

@Expaso Thank you for sticking with me till the end. You are amazing !

I still don’t get totally why the auping_TV doesn’t work but with the template that you provided (without some spaces), it works. For reference to others

rest_command:
  bed:
    url: !secret auping_url
    method: post
    content_type: "application/json"
    headers:
      X-Key: !secret auping_key
      accept: "application/json"
    payload: '{"CBU":{{ cbu }},"motor_1":{"Action":{{ motor_1_action }},"TimeInMs":{{ motor_1_time }}},"motor_2":{"Action":{{ motor_2_action }},"TimeInMs":{{ motor_2_time }}},"motor_3":{"Action":{{ motor_3_action }},"TimeInMs":{{ motor_3_time }}}}'

and the card could look somewhat like this

cards:
          - type: "custom:button-card"
            icon: mdi:track-light
            tap_action:
              action: call-service
              service: rest_command.bed
              service_data:
                cbu: 0
                motor_1_action: 1
                motor_1_time: 2000
                motor_2_action: 1
                motor_2_time: 6000
                motor_3_action: 1
                motor_3_time: 2000
1 Like

@Expaso I just replaced the Auping Connect to the newer release as it never really worked good for me. Any ideas on the integration as the app changed dramatically ?

1 Like

Hi @Jens_Wymeersch !

What do you need specifically? I never use the app to be honest, I only use the HTTP calls for automation (hey google, activate TV mode / goodnight) and the physical remotes.

Hi my friend,

For the initial Auping connect was extremely buggy and was more out then on. Hence I pushed the company where we bought the bed, to give me the more advanced system (less open). As I assume you are going to stay with your current version, I guess you can’t help me.

Aah so!

I have everything I need in home-assistant, so I never bothered to look at the app twice since the thread above, so I’m afraid I have no clue.

But what is this more advanced system? You make me curious :wink:

Basically the remotes (user friendly), motors have changed and no more special box for the Auping connect. Works really fine with the app every time. In the app or home assistant, i couldn’t get it to work previously.

@Expaso Here you find the link : Auping Smart Base support & Auping Connect app | Auping

Did you get the new version to work with the Auping connect integration? I understood that they moved away from WiFi and the new Connect is based on Bluetooth only, although they still use a ESP board (which has wifi / bluetooth on the chip).

I’m about to upgrade my ‘old’ connect to the new one, but that only makes sense if the new system is still able to connect to home assistant. I would expect that it still works, since they have recently updated the Homey app (which has native support for Auping connect) and I expect that this also works with the latest Auping Connect version (not sure btw).

As the previous version didn’t work well for me. Unstable connection, I moved over. I can use the app and works as expected.
You don’t find the same info as in the previous version. So I wouldn’t know how you would find the information you need to make the connection. I would be interested in an integration though

Does it still have Wifi? Or is it Bluetooth only?

Hi @helmer it still have a wifi connection

Interesting. And you can still connect it to HA? In a few weeks I can test it myself, ordered the ‘upgrade kit’ from Auping.

I recently acquired the new Hive Smart modules for my Auping Bed. Just wondering, how can I retrieve the key that I need to connect to my bed? :frowning: I saw mentioned about that you could find it in the App, but I can’t seem to find it. Playing around with Fiddler, but that doesn’t work either (app on my phone can’t seem to connect to the bed through the Fiddler proxy). Any ideas?

It was on the bottom of the about screen.

But… where can I buy the upgrade kit?
Indeed, the old wifi-box ‘hangs’ sometimes so I have to powercycle it once in a while…

If it’s really ESP based, maybe we could just run ESPHome on it :wink:

The about screen of the App?

Please ignore the IP-adres, not sure why it’s showing 0.0.0.0 (probably because it’s not online).

Shoot!

So they removed it from the app…
I guess you’ll have to sniff it… Is that possible for you?