Auping Connect integration

That’s indeed what I tried, but think that I’m doing something wrong :frowning:

Interesting, they’ve updated the firmware (and the app), but still unable to sniff :frowning: Not sure which tool to use @Expaso any suggestions?

Hi my friend. As last time, it would be great if you would help out here if you have the new equipment obviously.

@helmer any success ?

Hi,

Bed arrived today, can’t wait to connect it to home assistant. Have the new app. So no key :frowning:

Nope, not yet. Currently my Hive is not working (app works perfectly, but the bed motors are not responding), so Auping is shipping a new one (which will take a couple of weeks to arrive :frowning: ).

Unfortunately I don’t have that new equipment. I still use the original WIFI stuff (and never use the app tbh).

To sniff, I used my OpenWRT router and tcpdump over SSH in conbination with Wireguard to sniff the traffic.

Did you make any progress Michiel? I got our bed today and wanted to connect to HA but i see there is no integration available yet. It should be no problem though as there is already an app for homey: Auping App voor Homey | Homey

The Homey app is made by Auping, so most likely closed source.

I have the new version, with the Hive built in. The online app help speaks of a QR code for sharing that the first installer should be able to show from the settings menu, but I have no sharing menu item there. Does anyone with the new app have it, or is it old information:

The native android auping app uses a bluetooth pairing sequence to connect, so maybe that can be sniffed to get the key?

I don’t have that option in the iOS app. But the strange thing is, when I click on ‘Ondersteuning’ it opens a webbrowser which shows a ‘404- Page not found’ error. :frowning:

That is just a broken link because they changed the page. the page it should have gome to is on the bottom of that 404 page:

I’ve been in contact with Auping today and asked them if (and when) they are going to support other platforms besides Homey. The customer care person told me that the new CBU5 (with the Hive and the Drone) are currently not supported (with Homey).

What he did mention is that they are currently working on getting the CBU5 ready to support Google Home (no timelines sadly enough) and I asked him if they would also provide some kind of API that can be used for other platforms (like HA) to be used.

Not sure if it helps, but if Customer Support would be aware of the ask of using smarthome platforms to control our Auping bed, maybe they are going to speed up their development. :slight_smile:
So you all could give them a call, don’t tell them I asked you to do so.

Today I noticed btw, that the Auping app on my phone used bluetooth to control the bed. Bluetooth range is very good, but when I tried to connect to my bed from my home office) it failed. When I walked closer to the bedroom and tried again it worked. When I walked back to my office again, while keep trying to control the bed, it failed when i got closer to my office (and worked right away when i moved closer to the bedroom again).

That sucks, because this means Wifi is not being used at the moment to control your bed :frowning:

I had suspicions the app uses bluetooth, and confirmed by turning bluetooth off and wifi on: No connection. But that begs to wonder: why is the bed connecting to Wifi? The only other remaining use I can come up with is for Auping to get our data :rage:

One question though: I did block the base from internet. So maybe they now require cloud to operate wifi. Did you also block the bed from reaching out to the internet?

Any progression on this topic ?

I’m looking for progress too, got “Auping Connected” and would like HA integration. I found that these guys Auping - Cases - Cell[0] build the app for Auping in collobaration with ControlPortals http://www.controlportals.com/ who have build the hardware. Will send both a message if the API is still usable for controlling the bed and if documentation is available.

There currently is a homekit plugin for auping connect. Only works for CBU4.

Homekit or Homebridge? Afaik Auping does not support Homekit. And the Homebridge one is basically for the same usecase as the Homey and Current Home Assistant one. It no longer works because not only do you need the older hardware, you also need a code that is no longer displayed in the app.

Homebridge, my bad. It works for cbu4 as the plugin says. So that are the smart bases before 2022. I can still see the code in the app and the plugin is working perfectly.