Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

I just looked up the tuya dimmer in esphome. It says:

The MCU on the Tuya dimmer handles transitions and gamma correction on its own.

Which I assume means, in built into the tuya mcu, and it can’t be changed.

you could try one of these, I needed them to prevent flickering for my zwave dimmer controlled LED downlights if there were only 1 or 2 downlights on a switch Fibaro Z-Wave Dimmer 2 Bypass - SmartHome

I have it with a 8.5w Dimmable LED from sengled. I still get a flicker so playing around with the minimums. Will report back any progress.

Well been stuffing around with it. best config seems to be:

Means its just a simple switch but works good.

# Make the light
light:
  - platform: "tuya"
    name: "Bedroom Light"
    dimmer_datapoint: 2
    switch_datapoint: 1
    default_transition_length: 0s
    min_value: 200
    max_value: 200

Has anyone tried TuyaConvert on one of these yet?

Kogan SmarterHome™ Bladeless DC Motor Slim Smart Fan (Black)

Hi all!

Wouldn’t it be great to have centralized knowledge-base?

As browsing this thread is becoming increasingly difficult, I started a google doc which aims to summarize what’s available (& ideally certified) in Australia, our experience with integrating the devices with HA, where to buy it and more.

Here it is: https://tinyurl.com/ha-aus

Please do let me know what you think. And if you contribute there with devices which work or don’t work for you, even better!

6 Likes

I’m planning on picking one of these up tomorrow and attempt to convert to Tasmota or ESPhome using Toya convert. Fingers crossed its compatible!

3 Likes

I have two RF fan in my bedroom and Walk in robe, setup with broadlink rm pro, node-red flow has everything, alexa node, the broadlink node etc, the only thing I have in HA is an input select for each state which updates the flow and the flow updates the input select, I always know what the state is cause it the last code that was sent. Also setup a separate summer/Winter mode but i probably need to setup a state save for when HA restarts or setup a default calls when HA starts to send the codes and establish the states.

Great work (and a lot of it). This thread is getting hard to follow, so good summary is useful.

I’m happy to help. I have a few devices you haven’t listed.
We should say if a device is:

• Au compliant
  • wifi/zigbee/zwave
  • flashable
  • link to tasmota and esphome setup, and ha integration

So you listen for commands from the actual fan remotes to update current state?

I didn’t think the broadlink could be used like that. I have a sonoff rf bridge, that might be able do that, but I haven’t played with it enough, and it does seem to detect my fans. And then there is my rfxcom I use on my somfy blinds and weather station, but this is only good for devices it knows.

Aside: node-red. I’ve been avoiding it. My programming experience says visual program is nice for small simple jobs, but become ugly quite quickly. So far, I’ve been able to manage my automations within HA, but I don’t have anything to complex (yet). Thoughts?

No I meant I know what state its in cause it what has been sent. Not checking the remotes.
My fans are not 433mhz either luck the broadlink does the correct mhz.
I suck at yank automations.
My thought is HA is doing so much. Node-red just does one thing and if it does it wrong I know who to blame. Me

This megathread does get hard to follow, and I had been wondering whether there is enough interest to set up a specific discussion forum somewhere so that we can separate some of the individual threads within this megathread. Does anyone think that could work, or would be useful?

1 Like

Picked one up and unfortunatly isnt currently flashable as far as I can tell. Processor isnt a ESP82XX based and is instead from what I can see a HDSC HC32F030, so not compatible with any current flashing methods :frowning: Tried Tuya convert more for a laugh and no success… Too good to be true I guess!

On the plus side they have exposed what appears to be a programming header on the side, so maybe in the future someone smarter than me will come up with a way to flash it?

1 Like

Have you had any luck with supporting additional speeds? I purchased the goldair fan over the weekend and I’m trying to figure out how to get the other speed working.

Not yet, but I believe I know how to do it. A bit too many thing on, but I’ll give it a try soon.

First approach, create the (3 speed) mqtt fan component, Then create a fan template component, which can have more speeds, and in have it publish and read from the first component.

Second approach, use esphome. I see it now has tuya_mcu componemt. It hasn’t done a tuya_mcu fan, but I might be able to you the fan speed conponent to call the tuya_mcu command via lambda.

Just Successfully re-flashed the Deta plugbase from bunnings with ESP home. was pretty easy to temp solder some wires to the esp terminals and then just ground gpio0 at startup

Works perfectly :slight_smile:

(Relay is on gpio14)

1 Like

anyone know much about water meters, looking to build a pulse counter but not sure where i should be attaching it to.

Meter looks like this

I assume i want it on the spining dial part, not entirely sure what the numbers all mean around it?
Q3/Q1= 200
Q3= 4 m3/h

Also whats the hole in the middle for, I did find some kind of manual for it here and it does suggest that it has pulse output

tuya-convert also works.

A quick Google search brought up this info. Could be a way to create your own little reader device.

I’ve been wanting to do this for ages. If you put a hall effect sensor in just the right spot on the side, you can count pulses. This guy did it here with an ESP32 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6JG2DZeWeY

There are plenty of other examples on hackaday, just search for “water meter pulse counter”. e.g.
Using OCR to read the digits with a camera https://hackaday.com/tag/water-meter/

There are others too.