Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

I am not too sure, often the author suggests a material, but this one hasn’t. I googled it and found this

3D printing with PLA vs. ABS: What's the difference? | Protolabs Network

PLA is the most commonly used filament, is reasonably environmentally friendly, and is fine for most indoor applications. If it needs to be particularly strong or durable (such as for outdoor use) then you might want to consider ABS.

Hey mate, not sure if you ended up buying one of these, but I have and re-flashed with esphome manually. It has a pretty standard Tuya style TYWE2S ESP8285, so it should be flash-able with OTA via Tuya convert as well.
Unfortunately no external control switching, but I added one myself anyway…

Saw these at my bunnings, anybody know if we can integrate into HA?

Shame it doesn’t do RF

You can consider as an alternative the Mirabella Genio IR from Kmart
https://www.kmart.com.au/product/mirabella-genio-wi-fi-smart-ir-universal-remote-controller/2622812

Full how-to from flashing until Tasmota template setup

I have had some trouble with my tuya convert, so I flashed it manually but check the how-to it mentions tuya convert
Good Luck :slight_smile:

2 Likes

hay bro I did this

1 Like

Thanks, no I got a Brilliant brand one instead. Tuya-converted and now running esphome.

1 Like

There are plenty of rf/ir hubs that do integrate, such as openmqttgateway. There is nothing magical about au/nz certification as they are low voltage.

1 Like

Hi @diramu
I picked up one of these anyway (though you’re right about the noise for 2+ speeds).

I have successfully Tuya Converted, and worked through all the setting here (quite similar to the GoldAir settings).

However, I’m having some issues getting HA to “talk” to the fan (the TuyaMCU commands come back as unknown; Rule1 doesn’t seem to detect the IR control inputs).

Would you mind sharing your config?

Thanks!

Hey folks,

Anyone found a way to integrate the Holman Bluetooth-enabled garden lighting system? I’m new to Home Assistant, so I’m wondering if there’s a generic “Bluetooth light” integration that could be re-purposed for this sort of thing?

Ta!

Afraid not.

That link was my work. So you have my settings. Double check that rules 1 is correctly entered. I think if you just enter the command “rule 1” on the console, it will echo the current command.
Maybe, you have a different version of the fan, using differ ids.

I’ll try to take a closing look tonight, when I home, to see if I missed some option in the setup.

I’m looking for info on AU Certified smart heating and/or cooling thermostats.
Has anyone got any real-world experience with any zigbee or wifi (non-cloud reliant) thermostats that play nicely with HA and provide a good user experience?

Thanks in advance.

It really depends on what you are trying to control.

• many people control IR based devices with a local device, like an IR transmitter. Most AC/heatpump units will work with this, as will many gas fires. This will not require certification as it is all low voltage.

• Some AC units work with a microprocessor like an esp8266/esp32 which interface with HA. Likewise (I think) on certification.

• Simple electric heaters can of course be switched on and off with any compliant wall plug. There are plenty of them in the thread.

Any of those solutions will work easily with the inbuilt climate control.

If you are seeking a device like this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32905181466.html which is a thermometer, a control and a switch in one, I don’t know of any AU certified device, but they may exist.

Thanks for your input nickrout.

I’m not looking to control existing thermostats via IR, smart plug etc.

I am looking for a hardwired replacement thermostat to control my central heating (and possibly central evap cooling). Both work off two separate dumb thermostats, but are simple two-wire interfaces (+ fan speed in the evap’s case).

So I’m seeking info from anyone who has experience with AU-Certified, non-cloud reliant smart thermostats.

So you are looking for something that measures room temperature, enables the user to select a room temperature, and which sets the central heating on/off accordingly?

As I say, I know nothing like this that is AU/NZ certified. There are millions of them on aliexpress and similar sites, but nothing I know of that is certified.

It is easy to build one in home-assistant. Temp sensors are easy. Relays to turn your AC on and off are easy (depending on the current it draws). The front end to set the temp is harder but there are plenty of options.

Thanks again Nick.

I fully understood from your first post that you don’t have any knowledge of AU-certified smart thermostats.

I am hoping that someone else here does.

Thanks @diramu. I’ll do some digging and see in the commands on mine read as different (have it working somewhat at the moment–def not picking up command from the remote properly though)

It would be pricey but an innotech controller or other PLC with modbus could be used

1 Like

I’m looking at Bunnings range of ‘smart’ blinds. They appear to controlled by a plugless Arlec (tasmota) smart plug so I’m guessing the smart plug as all that needs to ‘hacked’. Another nice touch is the blinds are battery operated (USB rechargeable) so no cables.

What’s curious is that there are indoor and outdoor versions of the blinds and the controllers are specific to indoor and outdoor. Their product code is HUBRF11HA and HUBRF10HA which leads me to believe the plug uses RF to control them.

Anyone had a chance to play with these?

1 Like