Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

For this reason, I prefer to use items which allow use of physical switches. Smart switches, as opposed to smart lights allow use of the local physical control, as well as HA.

1 Like

Yes, i agree. I have tried Shelly dimmers and these are perfect in this situation and will continue to operate locally without any smarts, which is great. Thanks for your feedback

1 Like

Hey All,

I’ve just had my Deta switches installed which is very exciting.

Question about replicating a 2-way switch:
On the empty gang I’d like to control another switch from, should I be looking to setup a template switch? Also do I remove the corresponding empty relay from the Tasmota template?

So something like:

- platform: template
  switches:
    fake_2way:
      value_template: "{{ is_state('light.downstairs', 'on') }}"
      turn_on:
        service: light.turn_on
        data:
          entity_id: light.upstairs_button
      turn_off:
        service: light.turn_off
        data:
          entity_id: light.upstairs_button     

Cheers,
Linton

Hey there, I have just purchased a new Brilliant Smart fan switch from bunnings, this appears to be a different hardware configuration to that you have used previously, to begin with, the RX and TX are now in the GPIO 13 and GPIO 14 respectively, resulting in a change to the template, you can see below.

{“NAME”:“Brilliant Fan”,“GPIO”:[0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,108,0,107,0],“FLAG”:0,“BASE”:54}

The fan/light works great with MQTT; I can turn the light on and off, and I can set the fan to different speeds. However, I am having an issue with being able to read the state when you use the remote. I suspect the backlogs have also been remapped.

I am really new to this, but I am willing to have a crack. I have installed the Bookmarklet as per this gihub page, but I’m not getting any feedback from the device to show me how to map the backlog commands. I am using WebLog4, and all I can see is a consistent off command (see screenshot)

I would love to know how you managed to read the mapping in your original post in November last year, im sure if I know what you did I can probably figure it out.

2 Likes

Please don’t post a photo of text files.

Boy was I way off!

For anyone also looking into 2-way switches, I implemented the single automation at the end and it’s working well. Just gotta stop one of the relays from clicking unnecessarily. Boy some are loud.

1 Like

Im not sure if your talking to me or sombody else, but I posted a photo of the Tasmota Console which is not a text file, I did it deliberatly because there is information in the console I dont want to share. besides that the idea is to show that Im not getting the feedback from the MCU so even sharing a text file would be of little value.

I was talking to you. I’ll repeat, please do not post photos or screenshots of text output.

(Running the risk that I haven’t seen anything recent on this thread about this - but as we know, searching is shite …)

I came across a thread on the Oz/NZ Smart Home Automation facebook group recently about basic smart switches that pointed me to “Ho Ho Gadget” (yeh … I know). From what I can tell, they sell the same Tuya based 1/2/3 gang switches that Zemismart and Kogan (and Harvey Norman I think) and no doubt lots more sell. Super cheap. I saw on old threads that @nickrout successfully Tuya-converted them, so that gave me confidnence to try the same. Yep - can confirm I could flash my 1-gang via Tuya convert.
For 26/27/28 bucks delivered for 1/2/3 gang - seems to be a crazy good deal. (The delivery speed was crazy too - ordered 4pm Thursday last week, and it was delivered 8am this Monday morning Melbourne to Adelaide. Free delivery via Sendle)

Yes I used tuya convert on a 2 gang zemismart switch. Trouble is manufacturers keep changing the firmware and tuya convert may no longer work.

Thanks Dave. Happy to flash the lights. I will check them out.

In that case I suggest flashing them to ESPhome (has a native HA API)

Hi there, are you sure you have the RX GPIO pin set correctly? I’m not sure what the behaviour would be if you had the TX set correctly, the the RX incorrectly. Perhaps it would let you send commands but not receive them, which might explain what you are seeing now. Is there any indication that data is being received by the ESP8266?

Hi Oscill8ory, thats an interesting sugestion, but if I understand the hardware corectly the WIFI module talks to the controler via serial bus, just as does the RF module. so i would expect it will not work at all. in regard to comtroling the unit. but its worth a try as I dont have any other ideas. thanks for you help.

Yeah, I expect it wouldn’t work either, but it would explain your observations if it did work to send but not receive. How did you work out what the TX and RX pins should be?

Hey Dave, I ended up picking up just a wifi bulb, which arrived today: https://www.zemismart.com/products/-56

Do you have an ESPHome config for it you could share please? I note the following article but mindful they don’t list the same product/serial or anything, so thought I’d ask given your history with them. https://esphome.io/cookbook/zemismart-rgbw-downlights.html

Now for the somewhat stupid question showing I’m not a sparky… for the converting/flashing I don’t want to necessarily put it in the roof before doing that… can I just plug it into a standard wall outlet? Then move it to it’s final location once flashed/tested?

yes, seeing as it has a plug you can do the setup somewhere convenient.

1 Like

Ho @boc The first lot of code in the esphome cookbook is what you want however I have mine below which also has an effect that you may want to use.

Yes, you can certainly plug it into a wall socket.
my code:

esphome:
  name: passage_downlight_1
  platform: ESP8266
  board: esp01_1m
wifi:
  ssid: !secret wifi_ssid
  password: !secret wifi_password
  manual_ip:
    static_ip: 192.168.0.94
    gateway: 192.168.0.1
    subnet: 255.255.255.0
# Enable logging
logger:
# Enable Home Assistant API
api:
ota:
  password: !secret ota_password
my9231:
 data_pin: GPIO13  # GPIO13 for AiLight
 clock_pin: GPIO15  # GPIO15 for AiLight
 num_channels: 4
 num_chips: 1
output:
  - platform: my9231
    id: output_blue
    channel: 1
    id: output_red
    channel: 3
    id: output_green
    channel: 2
    id: output_white
    channel: 0
light:
  - platform: rgbw
    name: Passage Downlight 1
    red: output_red
    green: output_green
    blue: output_blue
    white: output_white
    id: passage
    effects:
      - lambda:
          name: Slow Rainbow
          update_interval: 11s
          lambda: |-
            static int state = 0;
            auto call = id(passage).turn_on();
            call.set_white(0.0);
            call.set_transition_length(10000);
            if (state == 0) {
              call.set_rgb(1.0, 0.0, 0.0);

} else if (state == 1) {

call.set_rgb(1.0, 0.5, 0.0);
            } else if (state == 2) {
              call.set_rgb(1.0, 1.0, 0.0);
            } else if (state == 3) {
              call.set_rgb(0.5, 1.0, 0.0);
            } else if (state == 4) {
              call.set_rgb(0.0, 1.0, 0.0);
            } else if (state == 5) {
              call.set_rgb(0.0, 1.0, 0.5);
            } else if (state == 6) {
              call.set_rgb(0.0, 1.0, 1.0);
            } else if (state == 7) {
              call.set_rgb(0.0, 0.5, 1.0);
            } else if (state == 8) {
              call.set_rgb(0.0, 0.0, 1.0);
            } else if (state == 9) {
              call.set_rgb(0.5, 0.0, 1.0);
            } else if (state == 10) {
              call.set_rgb(1.0, 0.0, 1.0);
            } else if (state == 11) {
              call.set_rgb(1.0, 0.0, 0.5);
            }
            call.perform();
            state++;
            if (state == 12)
              state = 0;
1 Like

Any luck with flashing that Deta fan switch Liam? I’ve just done a plug base and rewireable switch with Tuya Convert, but this fan switch doesn’t want to play ball OTA.

Thanks @HasQT and @sparkydave. Probably a weekend project at this stage I reckon.