Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

It looks exactly the same as the Brilliant Smart plug board that I spent a lot on. I was able to flash it with tuya convert. Of course things may have changed, either via a firmware change, a chipset change or by this being a totally different but identical looking device.

Here is my firmware write-up. https://www.esphome-devices.com/devices/Brilliant-Smart-Powerboard/

The power board has four individually controllable AC sockets, controllable USB (all controlled together), the push button switch and blue/red led around the button. The small leds next to each socket are not controllable, they follow the state of each socket.

Vivitar also make a physically identical looking device.

I think if tuya convert no longer works, you could easily take it apart and flash the esp from the pins, although I haven’t done that myself.

I actually just answered the post below yours, but my post answers your question I think.

I was hoping that it would work with the Tuya integration without having to flash or use Tuya convert or use new firmware.

I have never used tuya as such. They are developing a local tuya HA integration. I know nothing more. Buggered if I want them to have my info though.

Are there any recommendations for front door locks? Ultimately want to enter the house via smart phone NFC tag

ZigBee? Cheap cheap Lockwood T-Lock Digital Lock —

2 Likes

Beware that particular item does not include the zigbee module.

It has a ZB module, as in can connect to a hub. It requires a hub, but who has a RPi without a Conbee right?

Actually you are right. I misread that. But I would contact them to make sure the zigbee module is included as the price is considerably cheaper than available elsewhere - except for ebay sale items I’ve seen that do not include the replaceable zigbee module.

EDIT: Ah! It’s liquidated stock.

I grabbed a couple. Thanks!

1 Like

Note: if anyone else purchases the T-lock you need to add a file to your Zigbee2mqtt folder to support it.

Details here: http://leftfoot.com.au/blog/zigbee2mqtt-and-the-lockwood-t-lock

File:

T-lock-Zigbee2mqtt.zip (725 Bytes)

EDIT: as of v1.2.1 of zigbee2mqtt this file is no longer required.

1 Like

What are people recommending in Australia for LED light strips - these will be going in the kitchen as our main light source (they will sit inside an Aluminium profile so will be well heatsinked) so need good brightness and remote control/dimming - do not need coloured LEDs just cool and warm white

Recommendations ? And Dimmable power supply ?

Craig

I am using a Gledopto strip in the pantry. It is the combo warm white/cool white and RGB version. My wife only wanted white as well but I went with this one because you can create white with the RGB as well so when all of the LEDs are on it is SUPER bright.

I have it paired with my Hue hub and the only issue I have is sometimes it doesn’t turn off with the automation but I am yet to investigate whether it is going offline or what is happening.

Further to the Zigbee T-lock post, a few personal observations now that I’ve had a few days to play with them:

Install
Very easy. Had to ream out the deadbolt hole slightly compared to the locks I was replacing (the existing locks were an incredibly tight fit and the bolt on this one was about 2mm larger in dia.). Instructions were easy to follow and the included parts should allow installation in just about any door.

Zigbee:
Very strong signal and no issues including with zigbee2mqtt once the file noted above was made available.

Does not currently support sending which code unlocked the door. This feature does seem to be available in the device but not Z2M. Not an issue for me as I use an existing RFID reader in the door frame to arm/disarm my alarm and lock/unlock the door. That RFID can be tracked.

Menu system for the lock options is a bit convoluted but I got the hang of it fairly quickly using the included menu map.

Locks/unlocks within a second or so of commands being sent from home assistant. State updates from the lock when it is manually locked/unlocked take up to 10 seconds. Code unlocks seem to update in Home Assistant a lot quicker (3 sec or so).

Fit and Finish:
Not cheap and nasty but not top quality feeling either. No issues with the external bushed metal and plastic finish (other than wishing it was available in brass to match my other fittings).

The electronics board looks well designed and constructed.

The manual unlock mechanism feels a bit sloppy though. It has quite a bit of play (turns 15 degrees before engaging).

The bolt action has been 100% reliable and is certainly stronger than my door.

Time will tell how well the keypad holds up to the elements. Can’t tell if it is glass or just really tough plastic. The keypad is responsive and easy to read in sunlight .

Overall:
At the price they are being offered ($95 AUD) they are very good value for money and I am happy with the purchase.

5 Likes

Is this WIFI or Zigbee @OzGav ?? Did you just buy it from Aliexpress/Banggood or somewhere local ?

Craig

Yes it is Zigbee and yes Aliexpress (I bought a kit which included the strip but can’t find it now). I bought one of these power supplies AC 240V TO DC 24V 2.5A 3A 5A 6A Transformer Power Supply Adapter For LED Strips | eBay

Something like this? GLEDOPTO DC5V 2M USB RGB+CCT Smart TV Computer LED Strip Light + 3PCS Connectors Work with Smart Things Decorative Backlight|LED Strips| - AliExpress

Yes of sorts. I bought the 2ID version like the one from here GLEDOPTO ZIGBEE Led Controller RGB+CCT WW/CW zigbee controller LED DC12 24V LED strip controller zll app controller RGBW rgb|RGB Controlers| - AliExpress

For anyone interested, I connected the power board using the TUYA app (instead of the brilliant app) and it come directly into home assistant using the offical TUYA integration.

I’ve been wanting a yale smart lock for a while. is the T-lock an older version of it? looks identical. I know it’s the same company Assa Abloy.