Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Hi @SgtBatten ,

I don’t have a hub, but i am interested in how you go with this.

I have a few of the Mercator mech switches and dimmers and have noticed that they ‘squeel’ a little bit (as if it has coil whine). Just wondering if you’ve seen this with your Ikuu switch as well?

If there’s a firmware update, im wondering if it fixes it…

I have a few of the 2AX clipsal wiser mechs. They respond SUPER fast through ZHA.
I do however have the issue mentioned above of having to physically press buttons twice if an automation changed the state of a switch that no longer matched what someone had last pressed.
Backlight reflects this properly though. I’m pretty happy, just wish I didn’t have to 2 press… hmmm that hub $$$

1 Like

Hey @benflux,have you made any progress on this issue? I recently had an issue with a double GPO that Z2Q was identifying as a different product and subsequently not working properly. Is your product being identified correctly? It’s not showing as unknown, is it? As my issue looked like a Z2M issue I created an issue on github. Koenkk gave me fantastic support and gave me a new external device file to make it work perfectly. I would suggest engaging over on github and offer some support (by way of coffee).
Good luck.
Brian

Thanks @bdnstn i will do just that tomorrow

I bought a couple of these about 2 years ago and flashed them with tasmota. Im looking to get a couple more. Does anyone know if they can still be reflashed? or have they changed the chipset?

https://www.bunnings.com.au/verve-design-grid-connect-smart-18w-led-angie-ceiling-light-with-rgb-ring_p0119808

Never fear, there is a new solution.

1 Like

I got into the home automation game late, so every single piece of Tuya kit I’ve bought from Bunnings has had the newer chipset, be it Brilliant, Arlec, or Deta.

Does anyone who has an IoTaWatt installed know how accurate it is compared to your energy provider’s billing?

My SMA energy meter is inconsistently inaccurate. I could calibrate it if it had a reasonably consistent error but day to day it varies from 10 to 20% different from my energy provider (both production and consumption have different errors too). It’s connected correctly so the only difference I can attribute this to is integration/response time.

Pretty close - I have 3 of them

Yesterday for instance - i am being told on my providers portal (Ausgrid - Sydney - Origin Energy) that i used 73.97 KWh (thats what they have billed me for)

My IOTAWATT on the mains tells me i have used 75.2Kwh - and thats adding back in the solar i pushed out - which was 1.2Kwh (we have batteries) so pretty damn close (and within the 1% margin of error i would expect)

Craig

1 Like

Thank you. I think I might have to place an order.

Do you use the custom or core integration?

I actually run mine through my Node Red system and manage all the stuff in there.

I do have the standard integration running but do not do anything with the data (HA wise)

Craig

1 Like

Hi everyone - quick question. What is everyone using to control LED strip lighting? I was looking at the gledopto controllers but looks like they aren’t SAA accredited.
Thanks!

Gerard,
I currently use in various places, sonoff basic, sonoff 4ch pro (like this one for smaller loads), shelly 2.5 and am just investigating using a mosfet and esp32 to handle a bigger current than the 10A limit on the 4chpro.
They are either flashed with tasmota or run the sonoff LAN interface.
Pat

Great thanks. Those don’t look specific to LED strips? I’m looking for one that can manage dimming for a single colour LED strip. I’ve got Shelly dimmers for led down lights but they don’t seem to work great for dimming the LED strips.
I’ll look at the sonoff ones. Was hoping for ZigBee ones but I’m ok with wifi too.
Thanks again!

Gerard
quinled has a great range of prebuilt led boards that will do dimming and other fancy stuff. All esp based.
Pat

What voltage is your LED strip? The Shelly RGBW2 works with 12/24V and gives you 4 single colour channels. I use them with multiple different LED strips and they work very well.

yes, Qundor has both the “dig” (digital) series contoller boards with ESP32 for individually addressable RGB LED strips, and the “an” (analogue) for single colour strips. I’d go for the ESP32 4-channel QuinLED-An-Quad - quinled.info

Hey

Anyone checked out the Oz WiFi dimmers from Oz Smart Things:

Interested to know how they are as even though my Shelly Dimmers are working fine, not too happy with my current push button switches, too mushy.

It says they work with Tuya app, could these be flashed with something like Tasmota or ESPHome or simply just point them to localtuya?

Thanks.

Jimmy James has done a quick review and teardown…

These don’t have an ESP based chip so are not compatible with ESPHome or Tasmota.
In the linked video he sets up the dimmer using Tuya Local.

6 Likes

Hi All
Does anyone have the Aeotec Z-Wave Dual Nano Switch below?
Is the power monitoring per gang or the whole unit?